TForce | How will SENIORITY be in the union?

imported_togdenjr

TB Lurker
Credits
I was asked if I wanted the union. I said, I wasnt against or for it at first. I told the guy if we do, it would help me out good by getting higher in the road-run bidding.

He got all red-faced and said that aint happening if we are union, they were going to fight it.
I thought this to be a little funny!!!!!

So, my ???? is, does the union carry a one seniority all or is this a negotiation in the supplements?

(The guy that asked has 5yrs and I have 14yrs, but I transferred in 2yrs ago):nutkick::rockon::argue:

I was asked if I wanted the union. I said, I wasnt against or for it at first. I told the guy if we do, it would help me out good by getting higher in the road-run bidding.

He got all red-faced and said that aint happening if we are union, they were going to fight it.

So, my ???? is, does the union carry a one seniority all or is this a negotiation in the supplements?

(The guy that asked has 5yrs and I have 14yrs, but I transferred in 2yrs ago):nutkick::rockon::argue:

No I don't believe that will change. We are all still going to be seperate city, Line, and dock.
The union is not all one board. Remember this is NOT Conway.:1036316054:

I believe that the UPSF Indy contract has a "Maintenance Of Standards" article in there which means that the company will not be allowed to lower the present standards. If your present standards don't allow you to get all of your seniority back it's very unlikely that you will get it back later and move ahead of the senior man who has more board seniority than you do. Remember that you knew what the deal was when you moved in.

As far as the model at Indy goes. There are 3 seniority lists. Road, casual(part-timers) and local cartage(city and dock with cdl's) no one without a cdl will be full time. The seniority works as follows- company seniority in classifacation, as far as layoffs company seniority over all prevails, with a bumping process, if a guy has to change classifacations. The bumping employee would go to the bottom of the list he bumped too.:1036316054:

Remember, just because they have three senority boards, does not mean you all will, thats subject to your regional supplements when you get there. Prefer one board myself. Its all about senority baby.

i agree serta,one board or list whatever you want to call it.Seniority rule's, an the thing is, am closer to the bottom, than the top,thats the way it goes

So, I have 14 years with the company and I am the 3rd highest in terms of Seniority but I do not have a CDL so I will be pushed to Part-Time?
P.S.
The two ahead of me do not have a CDL either.

The contract does not specify Bidding across classification.

Unless what STL says is true, but the Maintinance of sandard covers, Hours, wages, oerime differentials and general working conditions.

If it falls under that then it will stay the same.

Andrew,
My guess is that you 3 will be red circled and protected. I can't see the Teamsters allowing you to be reduced to part time because you don't have a CDL. After all, they hired you as a dockhand, not a driver. Call your Hall and ask about what red circled means.

Andrew,
My guess is that you 3 will be red circled and protected. I can't see the Teamsters allowing you to be reduced to part time because you don't have a CDL. After all, they hired you as a dockhand, not a driver. Call your Hall and ask about what red circled means.

Thank You, we have 4 total dock workers that don't have their CDL, I can't see them pushing us to part-time but they might tell us we have a certain amount of time to get our CDL, or we will be put at part-time.

STL is right it says you will be red circled. And states any part time hired after the contract is passes cannot be made full time unless he has a cdl.

And no fulltime can be hired without a cdl.

The contract does not specify Bidding across classification.

Unless what STL says is true, but the Maintinance of sandard covers, Hours, wages, oerime differentials and general working conditions.

If it falls under that then it will stay the same.
Granted, I'm not well schooled as far as the INDY contract goes. My opinions are based on fairness in contracts. The starter of this thread seemed as if he wanted confirmation that he could revert back to his total company seniority and jump ahead of others. I doubt that it will happen that way if it doesn't now. Another item about being a good Union Brother is that you should view the entire thing as what's good for all of you and not just what's good for you.

As far as the model at Indy goes. There are 3 seniority lists. Road, casual(part-timers) and local cartage(city and dock with cdl's) no one without a cdl will be full time. The seniority works as follows- company seniority in classifacation, as far as layoffs company seniority over all prevails, with a bumping process, if a guy has to change classifacations. The bumping employee would go to the bottom of the list he bumped too.:1036316054:

Sounds just like the old "O" rules of seniority. At bid time we should be allowed to bid into city or road with our seniority. Just like a Teamster. I will fight for these seniority rules. Sounds like a teamster with the "O" effect. Whats the sence???

Remember, just because they have three senority boards, does not mean you all will, thats subject to your regional supplements when you get there. Prefer one board myself. Its all about senority baby.

100% Seniority:1036316054:

Or the "O" effect:chairshot:

So, I have 14 years with the company and I am the 3rd highest in terms of Seniority but I do not have a CDL so I will be pushed to Part-Time?
P.S.
The two ahead of me do not have a CDL either.

Andrew, I doubt you have anything to worry about. Any full time employees will stay full time employees. This will apply to all new hires. If that is not the case I will be fighting right along side of you and I have more time than anyone at my terminal. :1036316054:

Granted, I'm not well schooled as far as the INDY contract goes. My opinions are based on fairness in contracts. The starter of this thread seemed as if he wanted confirmation that he could revert back to his total company seniority and jump ahead of others. I doubt that it will happen that way if it doesn't now. Another item about being a good Union Brother is that you should view the entire thing as what's good for all of you and not just what's good for you.

If we are going to be teamsters we have a lot of studying to do. :biglaugh:
But maybe a union person can answer this question for me.

If a line or city driver transfers to another terminal does he or she go to the bottom till bid and then go where his or her seniority places him or her?
Or does he or she stay at the bottom and only uses his or her seniority for lay off and vacation purposes?

I'm not talking about if one is forced for closures.

Just got back from the union meeting. Union stated it's up to the employees in that particular barn. Which would come down to a vote.

If we are going to be teamsters we have a lot of studying to do. :biglaugh:
But maybe a union person can answer this question for me.

If a line or city driver transfers to another terminal does he or she go to the bottom till bid and then go where his or her seniority places him or her?
Or does he or she stay at the bottom and only uses his or her seniority for lay off and vacation purposes?

I'm not talking about if one is forced for closures.

This was asked also. Union stated as for transfers. If you are just a willing transfer you will go to the bottom of the classification. You'll retain your company seniority. As for vaca or lay-off. Now if a terminal is closing or merging. That's a whole different story.

well thats not going to work in SOH ''no one without a cdl will be full time'' that IND model can stay down in indy.

This was asked also. Union stated as for transfers. If you are just a willing transfer you will go to the bottom of the classification. You'll retain your company seniority. As for vaca or lay-off. Now if a terminal is closing or merging. That's a whole different story.

Yup!!! Just like a real Teamster contract.