TForce | How will SENIORITY be in the union?

I believe that there should be a master seniority. and if you transfer you would go to bottom for one year, then after your year was up you dovetail into your proper senior spot. The same way if you jump from city to road or the other way within the same terminal.

I believe that there should be a master seniority. and if you transfer you would go to bottom for one year, then after your year was up you dovetail into your proper senior spot. The same way if you jump from city to road or the other way within the same terminal.

Most of the union ltl industry regarding voluntary transfers is that the employee goe's to the bottom indefinitely. But keeps his company time regarding vacation and benefits.

Yea I can see were you would like it like that.:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

I was asked if I wanted the union. I said, I wasnt against or for it at first. I told the guy if we do, it would help me out good by getting higher in the road-run bidding.

He got all red-faced and said that aint happening if we are union, they were going to fight it.
I thought this to be a little funny!!!!!

So, my ???? is, does the union carry a one seniority all or is this a negotiation in the supplements?

(The guy that asked has 5yrs and I have 14yrs, but I transferred in 2yrs ago):argue:

The individual you spoke to when you declined our roster checkoff has 18 years .not two as you stated .and you knew the transfer procedure when you put in for it.state facts my friend.:nutkick::nutkick:

Im from the EAST. Does that explain it???:1036316054:
Yeah. I understand fully that if you started out that way how you'd like it. It'd be like a train wreck though at places that didn't have it and were transformed to it. There would be more animosity than the companies would want to deal with.

Oh I know stldude. I read it, just busting your balls. You are right though, it is a northeast thing. Now if the rest of the country would get in line with us......everything would be just fine!!! :biglaugh:
LOL! I know you were. Man, it's been 22 years or so since I've been to the Northeast. I used to go up there nearly every week or every other week before that. Vermont was the last state I needed to be in all 48. Good looking country up there.

The individual you spoke to when you declined our roster checkoff has 18 years .not two as you stated .and you knew the transfer procedure when you put in for it.state facts my friend.:nutkick::nutkick:

What the hell are you talking about.... we havent had any kind of checkoff. I said nothing about the guy having 2 yrs. And I never questioned the transfer policy in 'O's terms.

Yeah. I understand fully that if you started out that way how you'd like it. It'd be like a train wreck though at places that didn't have it and were transformed to it. There would be more animosity than the companies would want to deal with.

Yes, But better than a good debate, There is always a fair voting process.

And just in case you were wondering we got 75% overall in the checkoff that we didnt have .:smilie_132::smilie_132::smilie_132:

Most of the union ltl industry regarding voluntary transfers is that the employee goe's to the bottom indefinitely. But keeps his company time regarding vacation and benefits.

Apparently, you are absolutely correct. I have asked around to some Teamster acquaintenances and they told me the same exact thing.

Thats correct a transfer is like reisgning,and hiring on at another location.
you have to start at the bottom,and work your way up.
The only thing you keep when you tranfer is the total vacation time you have coming for the number of years you've been with the company.