TForce | How will SENIORITY be in the union?

Even if the company hired a new driver and he came from another union company with 30 years Teamster time, He would start at the bottom just like anyone else.

What the heck does the union have anything to do with this BusterNite?

If you come from another company no matter if you were a Teamster or not.
Your coming into the next company fresh.
Starting at the bottom like anyother new hire.

When I was a Teamster I worked at two union companies fultime untill they went under.
I worked for 11 other union companies as a casual trying to get on the fultime clock.
then finally throwing in the towel,gave up.
Took a withdrawl from the Teamsters and hired on with Overnite.

Wherever I went other than the two companies I worked up to have some senority I was at the bottom of the heap.

So in a transfer you are going to another area,and it wouldn't be fair to jump up the senority ladder just because you may have more years then those who are already working there.

So the only thing that would go with you to the next area would be your vacation time.
You would be concidered along with any new hire.

I hope this helps you BusterNite.
I think I know what your thinking as you read this here post.

If I could I would love to punch that Apostolic in the mouth,but they haven't mad a computer you can do that with yet!

If I could I would love to punch that Apostolic in the mouth,but they haven't made a computer you can do that with yet!

punchcx2.jpg
:1036316054::hide:

If he had 18 yrs, why was he worried about me having 14 yrs... anything that would happen would not affect him with me?

The point is he was not worried. Anything that happens concerning this contract will not help you in the manner you expressed .That being you are really not for the union unless you can get your senority back and just like he told you NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. :biglaugh:

Dockworker I can always count on you to come up with some grand post like you have in this case.
As usual very funny stuff.
You duh man!

What the heck does the union have anything to do with this BusterNite?

If you come from another company no matter if you were a Teamster or not.
Your coming into the next company fresh.
Starting at the bottom like anyother new hire.

When I was a Teamster I worked at two union companies fultime untill they went under.
I worked for 11 other union companies as a casual trying to get on the fultime clock.
then finally throwing in the towel,gave up.
Took a withdrawl from the Teamsters and hired on with Overnite.

Wherever I went other than the two companies I worked up to have some senority I was at the bottom of the heap.

So in a transfer you are going to another area,and it wouldn't be fair to jump up the senority ladder just because you may have more years then those who are already working there.

So the only thing that would go with you to the next area would be your vacation time.
You would be concidered along with any new hire.

I hope this helps you BusterNite.

If I could I would love to punch that Apostolic in the mouth,but they haven't mad a computer you can do that with yet!

Because I have been asked this question by people that do not know anything about the union process. I thought I would put it out there to help calm the nerves of employee's that feel they might be losing something when they go union.:smilie_132:

If we are going to be teamsters we have a lot of studying to do. :biglaugh:
But maybe a union person can answer this question for me.

If a line or city driver transfers to another terminal does he or she go to the bottom till bid and then go where his or her seniority places him or her?
Or does he or she stay at the bottom and only uses his or her seniority for lay off and vacation purposes?

I'm not talking about if one is forced for closures.

IF THERE IS A CHANGE OF OPERATIONS AND YOU PARTICIPATE IN THE CHANGE YOUR SENORITY PREVAILS. BUT IF YOU MOVE TO ANOTHER TERMINAL BY VOLUNTEER THEN YOU GO TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SENORITY LIST AND WORK YOUR WAY UP SLOWLY.....READ THE NATIONAL MASTER FREIGHT AGREEMENT AND TRY TO INCORPORATE WHAT IS IN IT TO YOUR CONTRACT........ELECTRAGLIDEATL

IF THERE IS A CHANGE OF OPERATIONS AND YOU PARTICIPATE IN THE CHANGE YOUR SENORITY PREVAILS. BUT IF YOU MOVE TO ANOTHER TERMINAL BY VOLUNTEER THEN YOU GO TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SENORITY LIST AND WORK YOUR WAY UP SLOWLY.....READ THE NATIONAL MASTER FREIGHT AGREEMENT AND TRY TO INCORPORATE WHAT IS IN IT TO YOUR CONTRACT........ELECTRAGLIDEATL

Yes, Overnite has always followed that same rule.:1036316054:

Thats correct a transfer is like reisgning,and hiring on at another location.
you have to start at the bottom,and work your way up.
The only thing you keep when you tranfer is the total vacation time you have coming for the number of years you've been with the company.

Can someone tell where I can find this rule. Just found out today that a transfer that was at the bottom of senority has now moved up 12 spaces in the senority ranks from 30th to 18th. Thanks in advance.