ABF | I am going to think about it really hard.

OK I thought about it and I have come to the conclusion that this is a dream and I will wake up soon and there will be a proposal I can live with up for vote.

This is a dream, Brother? Good Grief! That's a load off my mind......For a while there , I thought that in a past life, I was a child murderer,....or a collection-plate thief, ....or a stockbroker,....or some form of low-life like that.......Something really terrible, that got me re-incarnated as a Truck Driver............if it's only a dream,....when can I expect the clowns, Trisha Yearwood in something skimpy, and Donald Trump on a trapeze?.....Oh , and thsat good proposal that you mentioned,....yeah, that, too.......

I dont like it and I wish it were different but I am not going to say I will vote no right off.
I am going to think long and hard and weigh my options and my moral obligations to those who have retired.
I do believe the company will change even more drastically if the proposal is voted down.
I most likely wont be working here if its voted down and I might not be able to tolerate working here if it is voted in.
Man this really sucks.
Have no fear if the vote goes against the company,you will have as many votes as it takes to get it their way

I dont like it and I wish it were different but I am not going to say I will vote no right off.
I am going to think long and hard and weigh my options and my moral obligations to those who have retired.
I do believe the company will change even more drastically if the proposal is voted down.
I most likely wont be working here if its voted down and I might not be able to tolerate working here if it is voted in.
Man this really sucks.
I genuinely feel for you guys. When YRCW voted the MOUs it was pretty clear that no MOU no YRCW. Your situation is considerably more complex. The threat of acquisition should have EVERYONE concerned. All you can do is vote for your future. Then hope that enough want the same future you do. Good luck cause you're right THIS REALLY SUCKS!!!

Think really hard about the 2010 vote rejection and the politics of bad mouthing the IBT the past couple years. When you voted down relief for ABF in 2010 you severed all bonds with the company that may have existed. Think real hard about the IBT you blasted for supporting the company in the 2010 give back attempt. Think really hard about the repercussions of all of this. It's payback time. What goes around comes around. Think about it

Think really hard about the 2010 vote rejection and the politics of bad mouthing the IBT the past couple years. When you voted down relief for ABF in 2010 you severed all bonds with the company that may have existed. Think real hard about the IBT you blasted for supporting the company in the 2010 give back attempt. Think really hard about the repercussions of all of this. It's payback time. What goes around comes around. Think about it

You may be right, Brother.....but if the IBT is not negotiating on our behalf, and is in collusion with management, then it's time for the Labor Dept. to step in. Personally, I think Mr. Hoffa ought to fire TNFINC.....Mr. Sweeton and Mr. Johnson,......and replace them with ABF employees negotiating our own contract on our behalf. It is, after all....apparently....an ABF only contract,....no longer the NMFA. Why are outsiders....non-ABF employees negotiating for us? And......certainly not doing a good job at it, either....

For all the people trying to decide what to do, all you have to do is ask three people that's, already been there and done that. 1. A YRC man that voted yes.... I wish I would of voted NO. 2. A YRC man that voted no.... I wish the SOB's would of voted NO. 3. A YRC mechanic ( IAM and only 200 ).... UNITED WE STAND. Remember this is a proposal. If you go buy a new car, the price you pay isn't the sticker price. That's the starting point for negotiation. And for YRC buying us, they couldn't buy a pop and a piece of bubble gum, without borrowing 2 dollars. That no one would lend them.

I'm a YRC teamster.A pension freeze for that long of a period?Really now.ABF isn't hurting like YRC was and we took a pension cut not a pension freeze.What your company is offering is absurd

ABF is just looking to level the playing field, you just have to decide if your going to slide backwards for 5 long years.

IF it is about money that is one thing, but if it is JUST BECAUSE THEY CAN that's another...

THERE IS NO DECISION FOR ME

I WILL BE VOTING NO, WITHOUT QUESTION

It's the same basic request as 2010 when the only reason they wanted the concession was because YRC had it. Mr Scalzo addressed us in 2010 " we wanted more the 15% but that's all we are allowed to ask for" " we also want a 2 week cap on all union employee vacations" The was NO ABF FAMILY in that room that day & there never has been. What we had was just many rank & file members drinking the kool-aid that ABF was different & what you saw in 94,2010 & 2013 the truth. they don't care about you or me, they want passive employees who are smart enough to run the equipmen, but dumb enough not to ask questions.

ABF is just looking to level the playing field, you just have to decide if your going to slide backwards for 5 long years.

I don’t believe ABF is looking for a level playing field; it looks more like they are looking for a huge advantage. Look at the company’s revenue for 2012 and their obligations. Are they so much different from O.D. or Con-Way? What is different? Do the non-union cares not have benefits? Yes, they have benefits. Do they not offer retirement? Yes, they offer retirement. Are they so much less than ABF pays? No, not really. The non-union cares give their employees matching 401K money up front and ABF pays into the pension plan. Does ABF pay wages that are so much more than the non-union pay scale? No, even C-level management says the pay is about the same (when Mr. Slagel was giving his pep speech). So what is the problem?

bet ya aint on the fence now, are ya??????????????????????????????

Man this really sucks.

you still on the fence now after the revelation of the scam mcreynolds pulled on us? huh?huh?huh?huh?huh?huh?

I don’t believe ABF is looking for a level playing field; it looks more like they are looking for a huge advantage. Look at the company’s revenue for 2012 and their obligations. Are they so much different from O.D. or Con-Way? What is different? Do the non-union cares not have benefits? Yes, they have benefits. Do they not offer retirement? Yes, they offer retirement. Are they so much less than ABF pays? No, not really. The non-union cares give their employees matching 401K money up front and ABF pays into the pension plan. Does ABF pay wages that are so much more than the non-union pay scale? No, even C-level management says the pay is about the same (when Mr. Slagel was giving his pep speech). So what is the problem?
Union pension cost are much higher than non. Con-way and other Nons have cut healthcare recently and upped the weekly contributions. ABF is at a huge disadvantage with those cost. There is also the work rule issue. At Con-way any driver can be asked to perform any job if the work needs to be done, whether it is dock, city, road, yard of office work. That flexibility is a huge advantage that ABF doesn't have.

U
There was NO ABF FAMILY in that room that day & there never has been. What we had was just many rank & file members drinking the kool-aid that ABF was different & what you saw in 94,2010 & 2013 the truth. they don't care about you or me, they want passive employees who are smart enough to run the equipmen, but dumb enough not to ask questions.

How much do you care about ABF? In any relationship when one parties interests gets ignored for to long the other party will start to react in its own best interests. Two years in the middle of a contract ABF came calling for a reduction in our wages and the ABF Teamsters said NO! We were under no obligation to take less even though the company suffered major losses the year before. Considering it very unlikely the company would want to renogotiate our wages up because record profit in the middle of a contract, I would say ABF Teamsters got it right in 2010.

However our old contract has expired and the LTL Marketplace has changed dramatically. Non-union companies like FedEx and Old Dominion are dominating the industry because the overall compensation packages are less than ours. We can modify our expectations to something more in line to what the market is paying or you can stand your ground and refuse to acknowledge the changes in the marketplace. But what you can't do is to expect your partner to take that same suicidal plunge especially when you consider how rough things (over 200 million in losses) have been lately.

I understand you did what you had to do, I can't blame you for that............. But I do have to disagree with you on 1 thing, I personally think this proposal is a disgrace for the working members, and if this is voted in, in my opinion you will be losing more then just 7% wage, 1 week vacation, There is just to much bad language in this for it to pass. Vote no and let them do it till they get it right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Again I respect your opinion, but again I have to disagree. You know this is not personal, You are doing what you think is right, We just have different opinions.................
You are ABSOLUTELY RIGHT Papa these jokers sound like its all over but the sad singin and slow walkin. WAKE UP YOU GUYS WHAT THE HELL!!!!!! Look the committee came to an impasse.They are sick of haggling with these PRICKS. Your job as a member is to give the committee a hammer to go back in with. These guys wanted the job make them finish it. I can actually live with the monetary and vacation cuts yea it sucks.A good deal of other things in there have the potential to make your life miserable. I will start a thread on exactly this as soon as I get a printed copy of this piece of crap and take notes.

You are ABSOLUTELY RIGHT Papa these jokers sound like its all over but the sad singin and slow walkin. WAKE UP YOU GUYS WHAT THE HELL!!!!!! Look the committee came to an impasse.They are sick of haggling with these PRICKS. Your job as a member is to give the committee a hammer to go back in with. These guys wanted the job make them finish it. I can actually live with the monetary and vacation cuts yea it sucks.A good deal of other things in there have the potential to make your life miserable. I will start a thread on exactly this as soon as I get a printed copy of this piece of crap and take notes.
Here it is, print yourself one out or just download it to your hard drive and save the paper.
https://tdu.org/sites/default/files/ABF%20National%20Master%20Freight%20Agreement%202013%202018.pdf