Holland | I am the new recruiter and I want to know "whats up with Holland"

No, they did that at the big three, during the 60's and 70's, another gov't conspiracy to break the unions and usher in the new big Asian 3. Must have worked. Is all you do while driving, listen to country gold? Try books on tape, you might learn something. Even NPR, which takes no sides, is a good learning tool- you need balance. Keep being ignorant, the gov't. likes people they can control. And no- I don't listen to Rush or his wanna be's either, a little of them daily wouldn't hurt you or anybody - try reading. As for Dayton, I stated- that most failures or cast out- CASUALS usually from Holland, ended up working there, it's a joke posted on Dayton trailers and if I'm not mistaken, Holland has something simular, I could be wrong. It goes something like this, "DFL only Holland rejects apply, or "Welcome to Holland II". I have no issues with Holland or its drivers- get over it.

Yes, after my brief stay as a casual for Holland, I worked for Dayton Freight Lines, a fine company, great people. Holland was known for keeping people for 8 to 10 weeks and without warning releasing them. I still took the chance, who wouldn't? Everyone in the industry knows this about Holland. I guess if I worked for Holland as a full time driver and this happened , I'm sure Roadway or another brother would take me under there wing, like I said earlier, it's not worth the headache. There is not many brothers left, so who knows where all the yrc brothers are going to apply -maybe DFL. Wake up.

How do I respond to this autobiography? I'll just differ to Northern Flash for this one.
Oh no you don't Griz......Don't pawn that one off on me. Handle it! (it would take me a good eight hours to respond to that horse ::shit::.)

Hey Misfit......

I work for Holland. I want to make this real clear. It sounds like the guys at Dayton Freight lines are taking shots at their new ex-Holland co-workers. I will only speak for myself and my own work ethic......but I guarantee you that Dayton Freight lines would be a better company if they had more Holland workers like me working there. Do I do my share of complaining....YES. I'm just like every other truck driver I guess.(including Dayton Freight drivers) But, when it comes to getting my job done, Union member or not, the work ethic is there. Dayton Freight Lines should be recruiting Holland drivers in my opinion.

Or would it take you that long to r-e-a-d i-t-?
Hopefully when I become one of these displaced misfits (or whatever you called us) and I'm working at Dayton Freight Lines,(I'll prefer to call it Holland II) they will work with me on my reading, writing and arithmetic skills. We only covered them one day at the school that I went to......and I was out sick that day.

This company, and the union do not feel they need to make the drivers happy in any way, I voted no, and they steal money from my check. The company and union do not follow any rules to place a driver where where his seniority places him, stewards are no help even as drivers they answer to the puppetmaster and cannot find any way to help. They force you to work in an terminal so far from home you do not get the rest you need and it costs in travel expense, Company back in pension payments at 25%, how long will it take to get the few years i need? when the company calls me an Orphan and tries to make me leave. Union stewards who find the need to threaten and try to provoke a response from a driver which would get the driver fired. The company has turned driver on driver and the brotherhood is no more, it is everyman for himself. so much is wrong on this job and if i do get my pension...well then an end is near!
If I recall no one forced you to work out of anthor terminal, you chose to work out of anthor terminal. In my personal oppinion put up with it or quit, stop winning. I'm am so sick and tired of people crying about that when you chose to use Ur senority to put someone else out of a job. When all these layoffs started you could have stayed at ur home terminal and suffered the severity of the 2007/2008 layoffs, but no YOU CHOSED TO LEAVE so please STOP WINEING. The company didn't make do a thing. Oh yea I voted down all three concessions also.

Hi, I am new to Holland and wanted to get some seriously honest feedback. I am putting myself in the hot seat...so bring it on! Good, bad & ugly. And no, I am not gonna try to find you or tattle...its my job to improve.

I remember when holland didn't need recruiters, had people lined up just for a chance at this place. Buy the way, does"Don't hire a man who does your work for money' but him who does it for love of it." appley to you , or doe you do it for a paycheck?

hayseed said:
I remember when holland didn't need recruiters, had people lined up just for a chance at this place. Buy the way, does"Don't hire a man who does your work for money' but him who does it for love of it." appley to you , or doe you do it for a paycheck?

I dont work for Holland,but they used to be the number one place people in my area wanted to work.Its a shame.....

Last Activity 2 Weeks AgoI didn't figure she would last long ....

hello all i just wanna know is there any trucking companies out there that'll hire someone after they've been fired from their last trucking job?

hello all i just wanna know is there any trucking companies out there that'll hire someone after they've been fired from their last trucking job?
Well, that depends on why the person was fired. Although getting fired never looks good, there are some instances where getting yourself fired would be acceptable, once the details were explained to the new employer.