Yellow | I hate my union,although I don't have the guts to quit!

Brother hanalad, there was a good show of solidarity on the part of the bakers union..to no avail. It proved to be a disaster for 18,500 families. I trust you don't regard the bakers as union heroes. No, I've been working as a teamster all my life. I would not have lasted 33 years on the job if it were not for teamster job protection. An economic fact of life might be in order here. Times have changed. Ah, there is no money out there..only cost but little or no profit. With out profit there is no game..therefor no strikes by the major unions. Hostess was the best possible example of no money. The strike was foolish even it it meant a 50% pay cut for the bakers. Former UAW workers settled for half what they were getting in good times after they lost the job with the auto makers. All union workers are under attack and back peddling.

Only UPS package teamsters are enjoying working for a recession proof company. YRC is still in the game thanks to the IBT. Better days may be ahead but who knows..maybe the worst is yet to come. When the economy is booming, when the trucking companies are flush with cash is when the unions gain wage increases. When 23 million people are out of work, when your company is sucking air for cash you take the hit and there is nothing your union could do about it. Cover up, try not to get knocked out

But as far as my wife..she is no submissive beitch but I make the big calls like as far as what I want for lunch etc
VebrzA3rbQQxhTRPptdOJiGN2Es.gif
If you honestly believe that,then your not nearly as smart as I thought you were! You sound like the posterboy for an antiunion campaign! This is the problem,folks like you suck up every word that the management spews out of their mouths as if it were gosple. I aslo noticed that the top managers even while shutting this company down have continued to **** it blind.Hostess Asks Court to Approve Closure as Bidders Circle - Businessweek Wait and see,this place will open back up under A new name and the same greedy management.

If you honestly believe that,then your not nearly as smart as I thought you were! You sound like the posterboy for an antiunion campaign! This is the problem,folks like you suck up every word that the management spews out of their mouths as if it were gosple. I aslo noticed that the top managers even while shutting this company down have continued to **** it blind.Hostess Asks Court to Approve Closure as Bidders Circle - Businessweek Wait and see,this place will open back up under A new name and the same greedy management.

They raid the company giving more and more to the upper management at the expense of the workers. (wage concessions) Then after years of mismanagement blame the union for it's demise. Very typical. But this all happens even more for the nonunion companies. But in the near future when they start taking wage concessions at lest most of the workers will believe they need to because they are probably making to much anyway.

Nice thread azzman! I agree with your position and I am amazed that any TEAMSTER would disagree with it. Too many of us take what we have for granted. We have what we have because of the union and the brave men and women who fought for it.

Nice thread azzman! I agree with your position and I am amazed that any TEAMSTER would disagree with it. Too many of us take what we have for granted. We have what we have because of the union and the brave men and women who fought for it.

Oh geez, I thought it was because we have the freedom and liberties the Constitution grants us.

over 31 years there have been many times i have hated or at least disagreed with my local or the international.but at no time have i ever even considered not being a teamster.
I have since out of high school only ever had a teamster job as did my father and grandfather. worked hard for our money and raised our family's as teamsters.
never once been ashamed to tell any 1 .
have been ashamed over the last few years to tell folks i work for yrc though.

over 31 years there have been many times i have hated or at least disagreed with my local or the international.but at no time have i ever even considered not being a teamster.
I have since out of high school only ever had a teamster job as did my father and grandfather. worked hard for our money and raised our family's as teamsters.

Good for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait and see,this place will open back up under A new name and the same greedy management.

Don't you read your own links?

While Hostess has seen interest in pieces of the business, its labor contracts and pension obligations have deterred offers for the whole company, Chief Executive Officer Gregory F. Rayburn said last week.

“We will try to get what we can from the assets,” Rayburn told Bloomberg Television. “It’s an over-capacity industry, though, so that’s going to be a difficult prospect.”
]
Over capacity? like so many cakes in the cake aisle not to mention the bakery dept that it is ridiculous how da bakers thought they could win?

Hostess Asks Court to Approve Demise While U.S. Objects - Businessweek

Oh geez, I thought it was because we have the freedom and liberties the Constitution grants us.
Nobody grants anybody anything. You may not want to hear it,but that constitution was fought for much the same way the unions fought for the freedoms of the workers years later so guy's like you who despise it and hate it would have A right to continually b-tch about it!

Good for you Blade! You should be proud.

Nobody grants anybody anything. You may not want to hear it,but that constitution was fought for much the same way the unions fought for the freedoms of the workers years later so guy's like you who despise it and hate it would have A right to continually b-tch about it!
I recommend that you save your breath with this one. You will make better progress banging your head on a wall.

Ok, where do we get out freedom liberties?

I recommend that you save your breath with this one. You will make better progress banging your head on a wall.

Yup! I can't be fooled!