XPO | I have a question for the anti union guys at Conway

I like that. i'm going to calculate my personal GONE number and post it. i can tell you guys one thing, my pension benefit is a joke. and i had more time in when they ended the pension than most of the guys driving new trucks at my barn have in now.

I tried that. I related my deep dissatisfaction to the president of this company concerning my pension, health insurance, missing vacation, and base pay compensation for vacations....but nothing happened. Please keep in mind that the pay scale level I appealed to was higher then those you went to. But nothing happened.

Perhaps you can succeed where I failed and show us how to individually stand up for ourselves. Or better yet, simply go in there and stand up for all of us and rectify these issues - for all of us. You'll be a hero.

I find it hard to understand why so many people can claim to be able to get together to sign cards because of their dissatisfaction with changes in the company, yet they can't get together to take that complaint to the top.

Why Am I against the union? Well, personal experience told me that when they refused to allow me to feed my family when they could not provide me with any employment that the union was more of a benefit to them, than it was to me.

Secondly, I understand the reason for some to choose the teamsters, with their experience in transportation, but you couldn't find a more corrupt criminal organization operating under the premise of sunshine and lollipops than the teamsters. I'm pretty sure you couldn't find one teamsters general president since they created themselves in the late 1800's that hasn't been convicted or at the very least indicted or accused of a federal offense directly related to union activity. Whether it has been bribes, money laundering, extortion, mob influence, or tampering with and stealing dues money, or pension money, these upstanding individuals have done it all in one way or another. Sorry, but I can't see myself giving those racketeers my dues or pension money to hold on to because they tell me they have my best interests at heart. They are politicians, nothing more, nothing less, they will tell you anything you want to hear to get you to sign a card so they can pad their stats.

I'm not so sure why anyone needs this. I have had my problems here in the past, with many labor related issues. I take to the FOS, then the SCM, then the RM, then the regional HR rep, then right to GO and and I don't stop till they listen, and guess what, they have never turned me down when I proved why I was right. Putting a union in here takes that right away from me, I will no longer be allowed to make my voice heard, someone else will now be my voice. Sorry, but I prefer to stand up for myself, not have someone else do it for me.

You should go talk to them again. We have had Doug Stotlar (CO President) here, Tom Clark (Eastern Regional VP) was here 2 weeks ago, and Bruce Moss (Head of HR) was here last week. Our terminal manager is here everyday, Chris Bott (Regional Manager) has been here about twice a week. We have talked and yelled at all of these people and nothing. If you know how to get our pay and benefits back and get them to put it in writing so they have to ask us to take anything else away, PLEASE DO IT!!!! I guarantee all of the union talk will stop if you can make that happen. I will personally lead the anti union charge.

nothing will change untill we vote in the teamsters,the drivers that quit here were told if you dnt like the way things are here then find employment elsewere and they did,that is the mentality of mgmt, lets let the teamsters take care of this problem thats the only way.

I find it hard to understand why so many people can claim to be able to get together to sign cards because of their dissatisfaction with changes in the company, yet they can't get together to take that complaint to the top.
We have voiced this concern with the upper mgt, to no avail. So, dont say we havent tried to voice our concern.

You should go talk to them again. We have had Doug Stotlar (CO President) here, Tom Clark (Eastern Regional VP) was here 2 weeks ago, and Bruce Moss (Head of HR) was here last week. Our terminal manager is here everyday, Chris Bott (Regional Manager) has been here about twice a week. We have talked and yelled at all of these people and nothing. If you know how to get our pay and benefits back and get them to put it in writing so they have to ask us to take anything else away, PLEASE DO IT!!!! I guarantee all of the union talk will stop if you can make that happen. I will personally lead the anti union charge.
It's interesting that you didnt get all this attention until talking to the union got their attention.

nothing will change untill we vote in the teamsters,the drivers that quit here were told if you dnt like the way things are here then find employment elsewere and they did,that is the mentality of mgmt, lets let the teamsters take care of this problem thats the only way.

So grab your calendar and tell me how long you would give the company to begin changes in benefits based on your discussions in Columbus? Immediately they must change? In one month?, 90 days? 6 months? one year?

Now, how soon after you sign your magical, mystical card for the union do you expect to see those forced changes in benefits that you are demanding out of your employer? Immediately? In one month?, 90 days? 6 months? one year? 18 months? two years?

emotions can get cards signed, common sense and clear thinking create outcomes. You need to know the difference

So grab your calendar and tell me how long you would give the company to begin changes in benefits based on your discussions in Columbus? Immediately they must change? In one month?, 90 days? 6 months? one year?

Now, how soon after you sign your magical, mystical card for the union do you expect to see those forced changes in benefits that you are demanding out of your employer? Immediately? In one month?, 90 days? 6 months? one year? 18 months? two years?

emotions can get cards signed, common sense and clear thinking create outcomes. You need to know the difference

You seem to be in the know. You tell me. When can we expect our 401K turned back? Will it be turned back on? When will we see our next pay increase or will they cut everybodies pay to what southern makes? Will our health coverage go up again this year? Will they only offer the high deductible insurance next year? Will I still accrue the same amount of PTO in 2013 when the new vacation policy starts? Tell me, Please? I'll take my chances with the teamsters and negotiation, Thank You.

You seem to be in the know. You tell me. When can we expect our 401K turned back? Will it be turned back on? When will we see our next pay increase or will they cut everybodies pay to what southern makes? Will our health coverage go up again this year? Will they only offer the high deductible insurance next year? Will I still accrue the same amount of PTO in 2013 when the new vacation policy starts? Tell me, Please? I'll take my chances with the teamsters and negotiation, Thank You.

my question, what would be the time-line you would require the company to adhere to if your demands were agreed on? If your current pursuit is completed, what will the time-line be for the union to produce the same results? What is the acceptable maximum amount of time to pass before you see a change in your paycheck from this process? Does the union offer a time-line for completion of contract negotiations? Someone's had to already have asked... 'if I sign the card when do I get my money?'

its been what 3 or 4 years since we had a raise we will get a raise with the teamsters representing us before we will with conway ,go to a meetng and find out what they can do for us.

my question, what would be the time-line you would require the company to adhere to if your demands were agreed on? If your current pursuit is completed, what will the time-line be for the union to produce the same results? What is the acceptable maximum amount of time to pass before you see a change in your paycheck from this process? Does the union offer a time-line for completion of contract negotiations? Someone's had to already have asked... 'if I sign the card when do I get my money?'

I can still remember my Mother not wanting to make an eye appointment with the ophthalmologist because "It will take six months to get in to see the Doctor, so why bother". And six months later she was still at least six months from seeing the Doctor. That was 5 years ago and her eye sight is still bad because she still has not made that appointment.

All I can do is shake my head and wonder why.

Concerning your recurring point that sometimes, things take time to happen, I can safely say that most understand that. But 5 years down the road nothing happens if nothing was initiated 5 years before. And it has been made painfully clear that something needs to be initiated.

once the teamsters is voted in if it takes 6 months or so to get a contract it will be worth it and if conway drags there feet then action will be taken to prevent further delays

it won't be immediate ,but it will come and will be guaranteed,also the bulshite subservice that is taking millions of dollars and jobs away WILL BE PHASED OUT, i'm told by an ex-shop steward in 4 yrs,ins is better and cheaper wages are higher and CHANGES ARE NEGOTIATED NOT IMPOSED, OH AND CONTRACTS ARE NEGOTIATED UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YRC was a total enigma where they bought off more than they could chew,AND THE WORKERS VOTED FOR CUTS to keep the company going,get it VOTED,VOTED,VOTED,VOTED, I REPEAT VOTED

it won't be immediate ,but it will come and will be guaranteed,also the bulshite subservice that is taking millions of dollars and jobs away WILL BE PHASED OUT, i'm told by an ex-shop steward in 4 yrs,ins is better and cheaper wages are higher and CHANGES ARE NEGOTIATED NOT IMPOSED, OH AND CONTRACTS ARE NEGOTIATED UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YRC was a total enigma where they bought off more than they could chew,AND THE WORKERS VOTED FOR CUTS to keep the company going,get it VOTED,VOTED,VOTED,VOTED, I REPEAT VOTED

I really like the way you always use the CAPITAL letters and the long exclamation points!!!!!!!! Sorry to say, but you will never see your plan come to fruition. haha. But please, keep up the entertainment..

I suppose if the company you worked for proved they needed the employees to take a paycut in order to stave off a bankruptcy, that you would have also VOTED,VOTED,VOTED,VOTED. And you would have VOTED yes to the cuts just like the other bunch of guys did. What they actually did was choose to keep their jobs through the voting process, but the end result was the same as if YRC was non-union... a PAYCUT! Our company took 5% of our wages, they didn't force us to vote to get rid of 15%, and within a relatively short time, the comapny restored our pay, which is more than the union was able to do for their sheep, I mean YRC employees. If you stop the crazy union talk now, and allow the company to focus it's resources on making the business more profitable, I'm thinking that we'll see the COLA raises come back and the 401k match in a much shorter time than if the company has to spend money on litigation to keep the union out. As for subservice, I'm thinking it's hear to stay and you would have an easier time pissing up a rope than getting the company to haul it's freight any differently.

I really like the way you always use the CAPITAL letters and the long exclamation points!!!!!!!! Sorry to say, but you will never see your plan come to fruition. haha. But please, keep up the entertainment..

Yelling is what children do when they want the grown ups in the room to listen to them. And when children don't get their way, the fall down on the floor kicking, screaming, and organizing.

We got a 28 yr cnwy guy that is going to retire this month. His pension from cnwy will be $800/month.
Did you actually read his financial statement? This is an I heard statement or someone told me....

My dad retired after 30 years and is getting $3000/month (going on 10 years now). Do the math on that future. I too have been on both sides, and believe me the grass isn't always greener on the other side but it sure pays more green to be there. :duh:
I can't argue this point... good for your father if he is set up.

My biggest gripe here rattlehead is not with you... we got guys on BOTH sides of this argument do not have there facts in order and are more into calling each other names etc... that is why I ask guys to back up their postings with facts... some of us who read these posts who know what is actually going on roll our eyes because of lack of facts on both sides. I can show u other posts that are stretched truths andout and out lies... I think u are smart enough to figure it out...

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk