TForce | I went to a Teamster info meeting,anyone else go?

I worked for UPS Logistics for close too 4 years (98 thru "911"). Everytime I got cut, it was still Red blood. Started off driving and then UPS went public and all hell broke loose. I soon found myself a Operations Manager but soon realized they didn't care much if you had a family. Oh well. By the way, what's up with the driver part?

Well cjw777..

I clicked your handle to view your truckingboard profile to see if there was more about you?
What part of the country your from,and your occupation says driver?

I know you can't get very close to your fellow posters by just posting our views on whatever issues we are concerned about but its nice to know something,hence the board profile.

So your saying your a UPS supervisor now,or are you retired?

Not nosy like my wife always says I am.
Just interested.

Thats a good one steve5

Your the one that posted that this smith training course is going to tell how to drive including escaping torandos.

I think your earlier post was something along that line?

Thats why I posted my only experence with one of the only tornados thats ever come through my upstate N.Y. town.

Than seeing you brought it up I asked you what should I have done with a tornado zipping by me?

But now I see you were just having a little fun with this old LTL freight hauler?

Thats of though I can take it.

Happy posting my friend.

bamaboy said:
bamaboy, From what I know, the Menlo contract is inferior to the NMFA.

You have to remember that contracts are written for the industry that they cover.
Menlo is heavy air freight and UPS is package. Thats why they have seperate contracts geared towards their respective businesses.

UPSF is a freight company, thats why the NMFA or something very close to that is the best way to go

I guess that is my question, why would UPS not want all freight air and ground under one contract the same as UPS small package?

Freight doesn't make no were near as much as parcal and couldn't offord to pay you their wages. Hence multiple contracts.

serta said:
Freight doesn't make no were near as much as parcal and couldn't offord to pay you their wages. Hence multiple contracts.
I agree with you Serta... I was talking about Air Freight and Ground Freight. Menlo now picks up Air Freight and we do ground freight. Why would UPS not want one freight driver to pick up the customers freight. UPS does this now with parcel which makes them different from FDX. FDX sends a air parcel driver and a ground parcel driver, then send a freight driver for the ground freight and another freight driver for the air freight. My point is like the UPS commerical, just one freight driver. And one parcel driver.

Parcel maxium weight is 150 lbs.,Freight is any weight.

UPS Freight is the heavy freight division of UPS.
UPS parcel was limited in the weight they could handle.
They wanted an LTL freight company for some time.
They put a bid in for Overnite shortly after the Rail Road purchased the company.
But U.P. wanted to much.
During the Teamsters strike Overnite was greatly devalued,but UPS didn't want any part of our company with labor issues.
Later When U.P. spun the company off for a public stock offering.
Overnite was wide open for a buy out.
Thats when UPS made their move.
This makes them a total transportation company,parcel,air,heavy LTL freight,and a truckload.
They are marrying the intire package as we speak,into one of the biggest,and best global transportation companies,to meet the needs of every customer everywhere.

Apostolic said:
UPS Freight is the heavy freight division of UPS.
UPS parcel was limited in the weight they could handle.
They wanted an LTL freight company for some time.
They put a bid in for Overnite shortly after the Rail Road purchased the company.
But U.P. wanted to much.
During the Teamsters strike Overnite was greatly devalued,but UPS didn't want any part of our company with labor issues.
Later When U.P. spun the company off for a public stock offering.
Overnite was wide open for a buy out.
Thats when UPS made their move.
This makes them a total transportation company,parcel,air,heavy LTL freight,and a truckload.
They are marrying the intire package as we speak,into one of the biggest,and best global transportation companies,to meet the needs of every customer everywhere.

Hey apo, so what you are trying to say is UPS is trying to catch up to FDX corp. Because I think FDX has already achieved these goals and now moving on to the next attack.:hysterical:
Sorry my friend I could not help myself.:smillie_flag: