TForce | I went to a Teamster info meeting,anyone else go?

bamaboy, From what I know, the Menlo contract is inferior to the NMFA.

You have to remember that contracts are written for the industry that they cover.
Menlo is heavy air freight and UPS is package. Thats why they have seperate contracts geared towards their respective businesses.

UPSF is a freight company, thats why the NMFA or something very close to that is the best way to go

I guess that is my question, why would UPS not want all freight air and ground under one contract the same as UPS small package?

not to mention that according to a few people that post here, we are too stoopid to think for us ...oops..our selves....dang...too o stoopid to work this hyar compututer thang

bamaboy said:
bamaboy, From what I know, the Menlo contract is inferior to the NMFA.

You have to remember that contracts are written for the industry that they cover.
Menlo is heavy air freight and UPS is package. Thats why they have seperate contracts geared towards their respective businesses.

UPSF is a freight company, thats why the NMFA or something very close to that is the best way to go

I guess that is my question, why would UPS not want all freight air and ground under one contract the same as UPS small package?

2 different companies that are run 2 different ways. That would be my guess

I make a pick up at a UPS Supply Chain Warehouse..

in our terminals service area.
Before they were bought by UPS they were known as Fritz Warehouse group.
I'm not sure how many warehouses they operate across the country?
But theres two in our area.
I talked with one of their loaders after UPS bought them out.
I think is been around five years ago?
Their workers were in the process of inquiring about organizing under the Teamsters.
Everytime this one guy unloaded me I asked how it was going.
After the course of time,they had enough for a vote

Just before the vote their management told them that they'd close up if the workers voted the Teamsters in as their bargaining agents.

So the workers decided not to call their bluff,and remain non-union to this day.

I don't see this worker much anymore.
He was one of the ones taking the lead in their organizing.
He got a small promotion.
I have asked him if its any better working for UPS,and not Fritiz,he says maybe a little better but he really doesn't like to talk about the company like he used to.

Its kind of hard to believe UPS would have shut down this one warehouse,because they wanted to be Teamsters?

But who knows what UPS with their mega dollars will do with any of their investements?

Although I'm not sure if the old Fritiz management is still running this operation,or if its the parent UPS?

One God tonuge talking Born Again apostolic.,

believer in the power of Jesus name.
(John 3:5,Acts 2:38,& Colosians 3:17) this is all you need to know!!!!!!!!

At our meeting we were told that we could do better than the NMFA and probably not as good as the Parcel contract.

Bottom line is they're not going to give us anything. We vote on the contract they propose and if we don't like it, they propose a new one that we do like.

Has the spark been ignited to start the fire..

to sweep UPSFreight ushering in the Teamsters?

Or is a spark going to smolder in Indy for back,and forth negotiations to find a point to be signed off by the workers,and our parent UPS?

Time will tell if everything falls in place for the Teamsters,or gets dragged out for who knows how long by our company?

Its going to be interesting to see what unfolds in the next months,or years,whatever it takes.

My retirement goal is age 65, 2 &1/2 years from now.
Think UPSFreight will have a contract by than?

cjy777 why are you asking me about my Apostolic faith?

You've asked If I'm oneness?
Yes I believe there is only one God the creator of all life.
You ask me if I'm upc?
Actualy its UPCI.org
If you want you can find out many wounderful truths,on that site,as well as find a church in whatever town you live in that preaches true Bible salvation.

Would you like to know anything else?
I don't have all the answers far from it.

I live a very simple life.
I wake up thanking God for allowing me another day to live,and ask for his help to live it.
I'm thankful for everything I'm blessed with,even every breath I take is a gift from God.
I've been healed many times,and have taking part in prayers with my church that others were healed,or whatever their need was, it came to pass.
I forgive everyone,and pray that God will have mercy on them.
I thank and praise Jesus as I drift off to sleep at night.
Yes its a very simple, blessed,and peaceful life,and theres no dollar amount I'd ever be willing to take for it.

I quess that website may only work in small case?

I'll see if it comes up that way so you can just click on it, for anyone that may be interested.
upci.org

If your addressing me cjw777 you don't have to be..

sorry for anything?

Being an Apostolic Pentecostal Born Again Christian is the best life,my prayer is that everyone would come into the truth of bible salvation in Jesus name,before the close of time here on planet earth.

You can read my prayer at the bottom of every post I make.
Its not only my post signature its my prayer that the Lord will direct your path Because it works for me.
So no sir you have nothing to be sorry for concerning me.

cjw777 now let me inquire of your posting handle?

The grouping of 3 numbers at the end of the letters cjw,may only be random numbers to most but are known to be Gods numbers

Satans number is more of a known number than God as its 666 the mark of the beast.
Writen of in Revelation 13.
I don't really know a lot about biblical numbers,but I do know the number you use is a perfect number.
Am I right cjw777?

Do you attend a church that is in the United Pentecostal Church International organization?
Or do you just know something about it?

I can say theres nothing like being in the truth of the Oneness of God ,living stress free,with undescribable peace,rest,and joy in the Holy Ghost.
In a group of believers that is the body of Christ in the earth today.

cjw777 if your not comfortable posting any of your answers in this format,you are welcome to private message me.

I thought I was bothering you, hence my last reply. By the way, your right about "7". It has worked for me for last 30+ years although probably not in the same way as you. Just a guess.

So cjw777,are you a driver for UPS Freight?

I see your a driver.
I was woundering if your one of my co-workers in another part of the country?