XPO | I'd like some help understanding!

The Union will always be interested after all their is a lot of dues money there if nothing else,second in case you haven't noticed in less you plan on leaving the company you have to wait and see what they do afterall the only rights you have are the ones they let you have!:hide::heykoolaid::hide:
jimmy ya have to realize that with the due's come's a lot of benefits that make the due's well worth the money . That includes more rights than ya have now ..

Why are so many guys on here caught up on needing the company communicate with the workers? They just lie about everything anyway and spread their bs propaganda. And as far as uniforms, why on earth would you want them? That just gives them something else to pick at you for. Last time we had uniforms I threw mine in a dumpster and said the cleaners lost them.
I look at having uniforms as a benefit. It started when I was 17. Joined the US Army, and only 4 years since I haven't worn uniforms to work.

hH4HNOT.jpg
I'm going to steal that one if I may!

You work for yellow anyway. What do you care?
I find it really strange that anybody would care what managements plans or what they think. If you've been in this business anytime you should already know. For those that don't, they plan on using subcontractors as much as possible and they can't wait till these trucks drive themselves. That's mgmts nirvana, trucking company without truck drivers.

I find it really strange that anybody would care what managements plans or what they think. If you've been in this business anytime you should already know. For those that don't, they plan on using subcontractors as much as possible and they can't wait till these trucks drive themselves. That's mgmts nirvana, trucking company without truck drivers.

Management is truly dreaming if they ever think that they'll have robot truck drivers driving their trucks one day eliminating human drivers. L/H?,,, maybe, till they run into a blizzard. As far as house and lift gate deliveries are concerned, the robot drivers will still have to have a ride along human lumper to get the shipment onto the lift gate, off the truck and up the steps and into the house. Bottom line: human drivers will forever be needed in the LTL biz.

Management is truly dreaming if they ever think that they'll have robot truck drivers driving their trucks one day eliminating human drivers. L/H?,,, maybe, till they run into a blizzard. As far as house and lift gate deliveries are concerned, the robot drivers will still have to have a ride along human lumper to get the shipment onto the lift gate, off the truck and up the steps and into the house. Bottom line: human drivers will forever be needed in the LTL biz.
Would you need a truck driver to perform inside deliveries? You just said yourself they will need a lumper to do that. At some point in time, the whole trucking industry will be automated. Everything from robotic forklifts to self driving trucks. The only variable is time.

Would you need a truck driver to perform inside deliveries? You just said yourself they will need a lumper to do that. At some point in time, the whole trucking industry will be automated. Everything from robotic forklifts to self driving trucks. The only variable is time.

By then everyone will 3D print whatever they need off the internet.

I hear what you're saying on this HHB...and I grant you that robot drivers may eventually overtake the need for human drivers...but I seriously doubt it. That being said...LTL's really won't gain overall reduction in operating costs if they retained and paid human lumpers,( for residentials and lift gate deliveries), w/the robot drivers.. Why? Isn't that primarily why trucking companies want to do R&D on this robot driver thing... to reduce overall operating costs?,( and of course I realize too to fill the drivers' seats).

By the way...I just can not in my wildest of imaginings ever picture a robot driver caught in a winter storm pulling over and chaining up to continue to it's final destination. It's just not gonna happen...not in my life time nor in the life time of any cdl driver that currently drives for a living. Considering how much time and money it will take to develop the software that will be required for a robot to perform such a task, It's not gonna happen.

Bottom line...even w/ the probable slow overtake of the trucking biz w/ robots that will eventually fill the driver shortages.. there will always be, even if it's minimal, the need for human ingenuity, muscle, and decisiveness out on the highways and byways in the commercial transportation industry, robots not withstanding.

Just my two cents on the topic, I could be wrong and you could be right... but I really don't think we'll live long enough to ever see a total robot driver force. At least I surely hope not!!!

You still need raw material for the 3D printers.

Ultimately that won't be the case. Photons and electrons are already transmitted to most homes. With internet and power lines. Adding protons and neutrons to the same existing distribution channel will not be any more difficult. They are waiting for the technology for the processors to catch up to handle the software necessary.