If Only...

JRut I second that motion. I wish Frito would be hiring here to. No such luck. I wouldn't really rule out US foods. Still worth checking into. I kinda would like to get on with a potato chip company here in mn. There teamsters

Stan who you working for?

GT we all know that unloading that many chips would be hard for you because your a wimp. But for a man/machine like me it's a piece of cake

That must not be a bad gig. I'm looking into a dairy company here and a chip company. Do you like doing milk?

Do you like doing milk?

I do for the most part and sometimes just get tired from getting up in the night and into the weather. They take pretty good care of us for the most part. Love 4 day work weeks, every Sunday off, job security, etc.

I dont like getting up in the middle of the night but do like complaining... : )

Do you deliver to stores? I talk to the oak farms and Borden guys they seem to like their jobs for the most part..some of those receivers are a pain in the butt to deal with though..

Do you deliver to stores? I talk to the oak farms and Borden guys they seem to like their jobs for the most part..some of those receivers are a pain in the butt to deal with though..

I can't deal with grocery stores, I do a chain for the deli, bakery, and grocery, I hate it! If I had to do it everyday, I don't think I could stomach it.

Way to time consuming for us.

Yes. Grocery stores, convenience stores, gas stations etc. We are.SBT at Giant/Martins so no checking in for those places. Some receivers can be challenging but for the most part they are usually good. You get to know each other and what to expect. Gets too bad, I just call back and say what you want me to do here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hear ya GT I would hate doing food service to grocery stores.. And as far as the receivers go yeah they're ok once you get to know them and how they want it done.. For me every store pretty much checks it in different and I don't have a set route I cover guys routes when they're off or on vacation so I just go wherever they need me to fill in. its a pain because I don't know how they like it done, where they want the pallets, etc.... This morning I was at my 2nd stop Wal Mart for 3 hours just having a lot of problems checking in, numbers weren't matching up and what not. And the receiver is just complaining the whole time about how slow I am, and why I showed up so late. I'm reading off a map trying to find this place in an unfamiliar area. Have no clue what the dock times to any of the stores are..etc. Its just a pain for me. and at 13.50$ an hour its really not worth the crap I go through on a daily basis. LOL

Oh and the milk guys take FOREVER to check in at grocery stores especially if there's only 1 dock open they'll tie up the dock for hours it seems like when you're in a hurry. Lol I always try my best to beat the milk trucks or pass them on the street in case we're headed to the same store :D

We put a lot of hours in. I'm always 60+

We also unload. Full stack (10ft) of Fritos will kick anyone's ass. We have all hours and shifts. As an extra board driver we really have no schedule we just run what dispatch puts us on.
I'm on a team run right now. Topeka Kansas to Perry Ga plant to Jonesboro Arkansas plant to Kansas City Ks DC. Just outside of Memphis now.
I love this job. I haven't had a job this good since USFDugan. And this one is better.
10 years and your fully vested in our pension. They base your pension on the best 5 years income wise. What I've seen is most guys are going to get 2400 to 2800 a month at retirement. They also do a awesome 401k match. This place will work your ass off. You will loose weight. Unloading 2100/2400 cases at a center you will walk 20 / 30 miles. Yes you will. Also 100 to 250 lb stacks tare your elbow and shoulders up. We have an on site occupational therapist we can see for free. They give us braces and ice packs lol. 8 months I made 24k at fedex freight. 4 months I made 25k at Frito.
Health insurance and top pay start at day one also. 7 individual vacation days you get at 6 months. 2 weeks at your year.

No wonder there is NEVER an open position posted..because its the best job in the world nobody wants to quit. I don't understand how in Plano there is nothing open. You have it made!

Is USF Dugan same thing as Dugan truck lines now? There's one down the road from me just wondering.