FedEx Freight | If you don't like your job, leave.

365Volare said:
That is the first Sure sign a company will fail,,, be it today or a couple years from now.. treat your employees like crap,, like they are "expendable". I seem to have heard there tends to be a shortage of Qualified drivers across the country right now.. I may be mistaken... (wouldn't be the first time)... If someone gives you a dime,, but it costs 15 cents to buy a piece of bread,,, like someone is doing now,,,,, ......

Correct me if I am wrong but does,nt it say in the employee handbook for FEXF to HAVE FUN. Sounds to me alot are not having just that.

Accelerator said:
Correct me if I am wrong but does,nt it say in the employee handbook for FEXF to HAVE FUN. Sounds to me alot are not having just that.
Yea that was from the the Old AF hand book, Isure do miss them day's..

RULE #6 DOES NOT EXIST NO MORE,I;M SURE THERE'S A BUNCH OF BROWN NOSE'S OUT THEIR THAT WILL VOICE THEIR OPINION,BUT THE TRUTH IS THE CURRENT MANAGEMENT TEAM DONT CARE,THEY SAY THEY DO BUT THATS JUST WORD'S.I love what i do,I love driving,I;m not going anywhere.

Have fun??? this is work. if this were fun ..and our days off were fun .. what would the benefit of a day off be? ask your father or your grandfather how much fun they had at work? I've found that work is what you make of it. I have days like the rest of you where I can p and moan with the best of em. but generally work is work. Do your job, laugh a little, vent a little then go home....and have fun.

at my center we just got a new ccm and he didn't say to any drivers like it or leave but he did say in preshift if dock worker don't like it they can work on someone elses dock

yea im tired of hearing same thing also if you don't like it hear go work somewhere else,and if you voice your opinion your on the chopping block.

I feel I must clarify something... I (among others) have things we dislike here, and it will always be that way where ever you work. But over all, I (and everybody else here) Chooses to work here. On the other hand, if we cannot voice our opinion and views, then things are Really wrong. On that note, if all you do is B**** and whine, without any constructive critisism, (sp?) then that is wrong too. I enjoy (as much as possible) working here, or I would leave. Just like when I was in the city, I enjoyed making people happy. Be it waving at a kid in the car next to you at a stop light, like last week, or letting someone out in traffic,, etc.. People do notice that big truck or your uniform.. Alot of times they may not acknowledge it, but it only takes one to make me feel good about doing people right. They will remember the big Billboard you are driving...
Whether or not you are proud of your company, be proud of yourself...... Sooner or later it will come back to you.

365Volare said:
I feel I must clarify something... I (among others) have things we dislike here, and it will always be that way where ever you work. But over all, I (and everybody else here) Chooses to work here. On the other hand, if we cannot voice our opinion and views, then things are Really wrong. On that note, if all you do is B**** and whine, without any constructive critisism, (sp?) then that is wrong too. I enjoy (as much as possible) working here, or I would leave. Just like when I was in the city, I enjoyed making people happy. Be it waving at a kid in the car next to you at a stop light, like last week, or letting someone out in traffic,, etc.. People do notice that big truck or your uniform.. Alot of times they may not acknowledge it, but it only takes one to make me feel good about doing people right. They will remember the big Billboard you are driving...
Whether or not you are proud of your company, be proud of yourself...... Sooner or later it will come back to you.

That was the gist of the meeting in Dallas (?). It wasn't 'if you don't like it, leave'. It was that there are people, that no matter what you do or say, are going to be unhappy; and these people need to leave. Simple as that.

Hmmm, I'm not quite sure how you mean that. No biggy I guess. I'm not in Dallas.
I guess what I was "trying" to say was what I felt personally,,,

Unhappiness

Folks, let's be real here; there are plenty of our co-workers that are unhappy no matter what happens. Their personal lives are a train wreck, and they come to work and blame the wreck on the company.

With these folks...there's no pleasing them. Their life sucks, and that's that. They spend all their time at work complaining...and will never change.

I for one, hope those kind of people leave the company, so that those willing to be constructive can work with the company to improve every aspect of this outfit. There's always room for improvement, if we're willing to be reasonable and talk openly.

For some, nothing would please them; so let them leave.

Jeff

I agree, but these people are like a poison infecting most of the people they come in contact with. Their negativity spreads like wildfire. I've seen new people come in with excellent attitudes, and just by talking to these people they become very negative and start trashing the company. This is a good job, maybe you've had to have bad jobs in the past to recognize this. I've said this in other posts but work is work. I don't think that most of us are independently wealthy and do this for kicks so chances are we need to work to pay our bills so why not make the experience as palatable as it can possibly be.

Every company has the same problems.One company I worked for had a driver that thought he was special cause he was the bosses "little buddy" well the family so to speak had a family meeting with him and explained the ways of the family. It worked he got the word and everyone at the terminal benefited. It seems to me the a few words from the Family can go a long way with the one that rocks the boat. a few suttle words can work wonders for everyone.

14wheeler said:
at my center we just got a new ccm and he didn't say to any drivers like it or leave but he did say in preshift if dock worker don't like it they can work on someone elses dock

I do not mean to be an a$$ by quoting what I did about having fun being in the rule book ,so please do not take it that way gentalmen. ( and I am not inferring that you took it that way 14 Wheeler iether .) I was simply feeding my ignorance. But I must say it sounds like you people are talking about UPSF .

it is my opinion that companies today can come at us with a like it or lump it attitude is partially our own faults because there is a definite driver shortage and you can't really name a company who isn't hiring now .how can this be all companies pretty much need drivers but get away with treating us like... lets just say as drivers if we stick together we would be better off rather then stepping all over each other and i don't mean organizing i mean putting the peoples first policy to good use.i know i'm not leaving here so all i can do is try to make it better and maybe make a few friends along the way

[QUOTE14wheeler]i know i'm not leaving here so all i can do is try to make it better and maybe make a few friends along the way

That is a good way to look at it I wish more people looked at this way.

I agree: thats a great attidude: we need to try and make the best of it:

not to flame but I dont agree there is a driver shortage, they make it that way because we dont get treated right or respectfully. I know plenty of cdl drivers that now work other jobs because of the way drivers are treated, pay'd and so on and so forth. If the industry put more effort into taking care of us, people would be looking for them, instead of them looking for drivers: my opinion

can we agree on this?we are treated poorly because we allow it wether we know it or not.time and time again we are asked to do a little extra and we all have done one time or another and now we are expected to do so every time and asked for more effort so on and so fourth.i'm not sure how great the peoples first thing is but i will push the envelope until i find out.

Work is like life, when the hand is dealt you deal with it and go on. Bumps in the road will appear you got to adapt. If you conplain about the bumps most of the time you wipeout. As a truck driver you work in public service. The general public doesn't care what you have to do to get it there but if you don't make it you have to take your medicine and smile, that the job you love and hate.
Remember you never fail until you quit trying. Also one bad apple may make you sick but the rest are that much sweeter.

How are we treated poorly, I'm not being nasty...just curious. What would make you feel that way. I started out with a one stack Mack, no P/S, no air, little heat, and a tachograph mounted so close to the steering wheel that it would rip the skin off your knuckles while steering if you did'nt palm the wheel. Things are better for me today. what could the company do for you where you would not feel as if you were being treated poorly. FYI I am a Road driver.