FedEx Freight | If you don't like your job, leave.

don't get me wronge we are not treated poorly in every instance but here are a few of my major issues ourlast raise was very poor and your probably saying at least you got one but subtract the new cost of our bennies from that raise and what did we get 19 cents.2 as a city driver they are trying to turn this into an 8 and skate they take it as far as giving our city vols and lite peddles to road drivers.the problem there is they still have guys comming in at 1030 1100 1200 who strugle for their 8 its no fair.for what ever reason p&d and road have their little tiffs with each other i understand this but heres the biggest problem alot of our road guys went to the road because they weren't making money during the day and yet they still take city driver hours.mngmt shouldn't offer these runs to them until they went through city senority list as the same as it is for extra linehaul.linehaul drivers shouldn't accept these runs because they are putting another driver out and forget what they went through.i need money to but i cant run the road i just don't have it in me and i like living a normal schedule so please don't tell me to run the road then.:bananapowerslide:

mudder said:
I agree: thats a great attidude: we need to try and make the best of it:

not to flame but I dont agree there is a driver shortage, they make it that way because we dont get treated right or respectfully. I know plenty of cdl drivers that now work other jobs because of the way drivers are treated, pay'd and so on and so forth. If the industry put more effort into taking care of us, people would be looking for them, instead of them looking for drivers: my opinion

let me clarify: I don't work for fxfe or any other company on here, didn't mean to stir you guys up. I am waiting to get hired. I was just speaking about trucking in general(the last 20 years I spent in and out of it)

14 wheeler, you make some valid points. I won't tell you to run the road for if money were not an issue, I would still be a P&D driver. It's not fair but it is what it is. I went to the road for the money, it's not easy, but I do enjoy it. So far no one has been able to convince me that it's any better elsewhere. So I'll try to keep my chin up and once the kids move out don't be surprised to see me back on a peddle run. Take care.

daredevil i got a question for you. how do you linehaul drivers find out so much info before its made public info to all the drivers?linehaul guys were talking about our scm being replaced ,and sure enough he was. their info was right on. they knew who was being transfered in ,and where ours was being transfered out.its one thing if they knew this a day or two before us but they new about 2 months ahead of time.not to mention i heard about watkins through you guys to.

Daredevil said:
14 wheeler, you make some valid points. I won't tell you to run the road for if money were not an issue, I would still be a P&D driver. It's not fair but it is what it is. I went to the road for the money, it's not easy, but I do enjoy it. So far no one has been able to convince me that it's any better elsewhere. So I'll try to keep my chin up and once the kids move out don't be surprised to see me back on a peddle run. Take care.

Daredevil, I'm the same as you I guess. I took the road because of the money. We are already talking about me going back to the city. It will probably happen someday, when we get the house paid down some. We both Hate these hours....

14wheeler said:
mngmt shouldn't offer these runs to them until they went through city senority list as the same as it is for extra linehaul.linehaul drivers shouldn't accept these runs because they are putting another driver out and forget what they went through.

Where I'm at it isn't an option for linehaulers to do city work. Do it or else.

As far as I'm concerned, y'all can have it because I certainly don't want to do it.

There's no reason to have to horn in on other another guy's racket.

14wheeler said:
daredevil i got a question for you. how do you linehaul drivers find out so much info before its made public info to all the drivers?

Don't tell anyone but it all on channel 4.

Actually us linehaul driver's do whatever we can to stay awake at night including yak,yak, yakking like you wouldn't believe. Usually it starts because someone supposedly has this secret info, sometimes it's right, a lot of times it isn't. But either way it gets transported just like it was an expedited shipment, from this city today to another city half a country away tomorrow.

365Volare said:
Daredevil, I'm the same as you I guess. I took the road because of the money. We are already talking about me going back to the city. It will probably happen someday, when we get the house paid down some. We both Hate these hours....

These hours are tough. Once the kids get settled into their careers we'll probably transfer south. When that happens I'll probably go back to days. I miss seeing real people, the people you run into at night are a little scary.

Leaving is not the only option. Listen, all trucking companies are the same (in fact all companies are the same). They all put us to work to make a handful of people millionaires. That is the point of business. We COULD just leave, but where would we go? another carrier? another industry? where we are treated just the same?
I say if you don't like it, fight back. i'm sick of running from bad companies only to find that they're all bad. Leaving is not going to improve industry standards. Fighting back will.

Ok, I know this is the vent in a very long smokestack(no pun intended)but come on guys.
We as drivers made our own choices and we knew the atittude of the public and management.
The only respect in this business is the respect other drivers and self respect. The people you work for are making money with the job you do. The public hate you taking up their highways and having empty shelvesin the stores. We get the blame for most screw ups. We still go on we smile at the customers and cuss oursleves for being truckdrivers. I like being a driver but I also know no matter where I work or who I work for I am still a driver. You can be a millionaire many times over but if you sit in the seat of a truck your a driver and the view of others is still the same. Remember SHAKE THAT TREE.

Fed Up in Fontana

freightslave said:
In our preshift this morning our ccm was giving us the results from the company survay.The result on job satisfation and management relations was given a low percentage by workers.So the ccm came out and said "If you don't like your job, leave"
He also said six dockworkers were sent home because of there slow performance.
And it could happen to us.If the numbers are not going to change.
Has anybody else had these meetings?

From the Rock in Louisville

Clif is right. The way to get things done in this company is to ORGANIZE NOW!

Moderator's,, where are you ??? If I want to read this U crap,, I'll go to another forum.... Or I'll go to work for a company thats losing money....

I think someone needs to read the rules for this forum. I don't like to tell on anyone but the 2 gentlemen from the left coast need follow directions alittle closer. Maybe they need Lane Cameras

365Volare said:
Moderator's,, where are you ??? If I want to read this U crap,, I'll go to another forum.... Or I'll go to work for a company thats losing money....
I'll defer to Smokestack and Familyman on this, but the gentleman is a FedEx Freight employee. I believe he is entitled to his opinion.

365Volare said:

I'm having some trouble here with Roadrunner guys so I'm not up to speed with things , give me another day or two and I'll be back to dish out some points if needed . The others will be watching also.

Smokestack :nutkick: