Yellow | I'm voting YES! Who is with me?

Some of these tough guys on here better not let their wife's see what they are saying or typing on here, I predict a lot of divorces if this place shuts down.

There have been many divorces because of this company, IMO. If your wife is so shallow your relationship has not permitted this to be an open topic for years, you need a divorce anyway. You don't have a partnership in your relationship.

There have been many divorces because of this company, IMO. If your wife is so shallow your relationship has not permitted this to be an open topic for years, you need a divorce anyway. You don't have a partnership in your relationship.

Don't worry Vwaggs this company was the final straw and cost me a 25 year marriage,but what I am saying is putting your family in jeopardy for a fight that can't be won won't go over very well.

Don't worry Vwaggs this company was the final straw and cost me a 25 year marriage,but what I am saying is putting your family in jeopardy for a fight that can't be won won't go over very well.

I'm sorry your marriage didn't make it. I truly am.

You cannot run from the responsibilities of life by assuming the easy way out is always the best decision. When you choose a path in life, you need to asses all info you have available on the entire paths, then make a determination which will be the best.

I'll be putting my life in jeopardy with my wife if i don't vote NO!
we gave far too much already, jobwise and familywise!

I'll be putting my life in jeopardy with my wife if i don't vote NO!
we gave far too much already, jobwise and familywise![/QUOT

You have a stronger wife then mine,it wasn't the main reason but sure added to it. My vote is not for my own interests(I'm on layoff and hope I get on where I am working now)but for the 1000's that would lose a job that can't easily (or if at all)be replaced.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am voiting yes, all those guys kept telling us to vote yes when they were wanting to hog the board and make up for all their lost pay while we sat home. Now lets vot yes and maybe we can get back to work.

I am voiting yes, all those guys kept telling us to vote yes when they were wanting to hog the board and make up for all their lost pay while we sat home. Now lets vot yes and maybe we can get back to work.
A perfect example of (Greed) kills.

They didn't mind killing us by taking overtime and hogging all the work nor did they want to stand strong in the beginning. They kept yelling to vote Yes so they could keep working, now why the No vote from them.

Its not like I'll ever work in Dallas again, but maybe this makes it a little more possible. Here is my theory:

1. Old timers aren't going to be as comfortable with 5 weeks vacation versus 6. Hopefully they'll retire.
2. Old timers aren't gonna like having to hook their own sets.
3. Old timers aren't going to get their 15 minute smoke breaks and hour lunches. Takes a while for those old bones to recover.
4. Old timers won't like the fact that they aren't getting much paid into the pension and will hopefully retire sooner than later.
5. Lousy Health insurance with high copays wont be much of a benefit to anyone especially the old sick people.

The only thing that sucks for laid off people like me is the part about laid off people being made into essentially laid off casuals. That sucks. Who wants to be strung along for eternity as a 4 hour casual because some guy with 30 years won't retire and/or your board of laid off people is so large that essentially you have a 100% casual board? They will never have another full time guy again.
yes i agree with u truckinus

Everytime we take cuts so does the rest of the industry to compete. When will it end? 12 dollars an hour with no benifits? Please don't lower our standards.

I do not see anyone retiring because this package gets approved . So no retirement ,you don't move up on the list , you are still out of work .And you will never have a job worth having if we give up everything they are asking for .Because the non union jobs have attempted to mirror the union jobs to some extent . Did alot of people say and do things in the last few years that were greedy ?? YES. Did they do anything to match the greed of the company ?? NOT EVEN CLOSE !! All the one list barns will see job loss thru driver drop and hook and 4 hour peddle men . So will that get you back to work ?? NOPE .Voting yes to get back at a few is short sighted and will hurt you in the long run .If you believe the union that the doors will slam shut ,look at those ABF trucks going up the road ,because they were told the same thing by the same union ..........

The also said chicago would put them out of business if we vote down the concessions, we are still here, im sorry they suckered us into the first 10%. Enough is enough....

Yep, it may hurt in the long run but when we said No to begin with all the hogs wanted to vote yes and cried how we would hurt everyone in the long run. Well the long run is still here and I voted no all the other times. Time to change to the yes sirs with the guys from before.

Just because those guys didn't have the kahonas to change something that is fundamentally wrong is not our fault either.