Yellow | I'm voting YES! Who is with me?

He is retired, sitting back, wanting us to take pay cuts, pensions freezes, work rule changes, loss of a weeks vacation, losses in full time employment and all of this other B.S. that he would not have ever accepted while he was working. But I guess it is ok for us to take a screwing, as long as it don't effect him.

If he is retired he might have a very big stake in this vote just like I do.

Quote Originally Posted by wild thing View Post
Jay c must be a company person because he doesn't sound like a union person.

angry_bear.gif
paleeeze you gotta be kidding me..a union man supports his union.. I always supported the union..you, flash, longblade and turbo and half the posters on here are vigilantes who bad mouth the union and support the downfall and destruction of the cash cow

He is retired, sitting back, wanting us to take pay cuts, pensions freezes, work rule changes, loss of a weeks vacation, losses in full time employment and all of this other B.S. that he would not have ever accepted while he was working. But I guess it is ok for us to take a screwing, as long as it don't effect him.

it's not that I want it . It's that you have no choice. Trust me..it's their way or the hi-way..
I posted this 3-4 times for you--

basic benefits:
participants who already drawing a pension on Jan 15, 2009 continues to be a protected benefit which cannot be altered or modified in any way

New England Fund​

A yes vote will bring the standard of living down for all of us not just you.Is that what you really want,cause you won't get it back.

Obviously the Teamsters are not excited about the concessions. After listening to the experts I have to change my vote from a no to a yes. There is still no guarantee that the company will even survive even after the concessions. I will be taking a leave of absence soon afterwards. This will by us time to look for another job. Unfortunately, this job is no longer a career. It's a sad day for YRCW employees.

and voting no will make it a happy household, good luck with that.

That's exactly right there Baldy!!!!! she gave up just as much as I have for this co. w/me not being home for Holidays, kids football games,
emergency room visits,etc. and me being on call 24/7 for many many years, don't come on here and tell me what's going to make her
happy, 'cause u don't have a clue!

most of these guys wifes are most happy when they are gone 24/7 oh how they love direct deposit . they just make take that little plastic card out and buy buy buy and never see each out . great life for soom but id rather be home and enjoy life rather than just live for yrc.

most of these guys wifes are most happy when they are gone 24/7 oh how they love direct deposit . they just make take that little plastic card out and buy buy buy and never see each out . great life for soom but id rather be home and enjoy life rather than just live for yrc.

You're right!! but for years didn't have the vacation time like I do now and couldn't call off without getting a letter, and when I earned enough
vac. the kids were already getting older, that's why it's so important for all this NOT to go through, the past Teamsters gave up to much for
what we have!!!!

All of the YES voters have been riding the coat tails of anyone who has worked here for 20 years or more. We stood up for ourselves and earned the pay and benefits that you have been receiving. Now when it is time to take a stand you are bending over backwards for the corporate management and will take what ever they say they are willing to give you and bringing down the rest of the company with you. I hope your proud if you have voted yes for any of these concessions you do not have any right to complain, you took it up the behind at will and then holler ****. I guess this is what happens to the Teamsters when it comes time for the ex J.B. hunt and Schneider drivers to take the reigns.

yes vote

You must be lliving in the dark ages. Because the world I live in is in the middle of he greatest recession since the 1920's. But people like you think all is well .And the company sucks. Well my friend there is a time to fight and a time to stay on the canvas. So if you feel like you would like to stick it up the companies a.. . Then go somewhere else and see what kind of other jobs are out there.Secondly it's not all about you and me there are others that are going to take a beating on this. A much larger beating then we are going to take. And now it's your turn to say .They can afford it. Well that's about a stupid as stupid gets. Who can afford to loose millions of dollars just so a company can survive.This is not a contract this is a death sentence.And if you want to die then vote no. But remember he who walks away lives to play another day. We are not fighting a fair fight. They have the gun with the bullets and we have a water pistol. I guess you see who will win. So when you are on the unemployment line and your family is on your case about being stupid .Remeber these words. I could've prevented this. This is not the time to be a big shot.

I think its funny he blames everything on the schabs. The only ones left are generally guys with big seniority. The ones that bent over on the last two yes votes. In those times I don't think the situation was quite so urgent. Now I just think they should all work for minimum wage or retire. If the last two votes were no problem I see nothing wrong with the minor changes coming after this vote. Why make a stand now when you are behind the 8 ball?

I say YES this is a WIN... WIN.

Now, work like you have a job.

thanks Tyson J i get it.
WOW we must have worked together in a past life. If you listened to the audio conference, I totally agree with the steward for KC. Vote YES, fight the non-union carriers! Don't give into them!

At the end of the day, it all boils down to if you believe what our Union officals are telling us or not. They have been to all of the meetings, the books are open for them, we elected them to represent us. They believe if we don't vote yes, YRC will close. There will not be a second offer. YRC's line of credit expires 10/31/10. YRC has secured a new line of credit, dependent on the passage of this agreement. This was stated in our local meetings by both our local preident, and yesterday by our steward. I don't like the agreement either. But I don't think we are in any bargining position to say no either. "You got to know when to hold'em, and when to fold them". We can come back on a day when we have a stronger position. 1983 I was at Ryder/Pie and went through that mess. I dropped 80 spots, and was laid off. But then, I went across the street, because everyone was union, at the time. There isn't anyone left to go to,"across the street". If YRC fails, the pension libelity falls on ABF, which will crush them, too. If we can't organize other truck lines and bring them up to our standards, we are forced to give up, in order to compeat.
So who do you believe?

At the end of the day, it all boils down to if you believe what our Union officals are telling us or not. They have been to all of the meetings, the books are open for them, we elected them to represent us. They believe if we don't vote yes, YRC will close. There will not be a second offer. YRC's line of credit expires 10/31/10. YRC has secured a new line of credit, dependent on the passage of this agreement. This was stated in our local meetings by both our local preident, and yesterday by our steward. I don't like the agreement either. But I don't think we are in any bargining position to say no either. "You got to know when to hold'em, and when to fold them". We can come back on a day when we have a stronger position. 1983 I was at Ryder/Pie and went through that mess. I dropped 80 spots, and was laid off. But then, I went across the street, because everyone was union, at the time. There isn't anyone left to go to,"across the street". If YRC fails, the pension libelity falls on ABF, which will crush them, too. If we can't organize other truck lines and bring them up to our standards, we are forced to give up, in order to compeat.
So who do you believe?

Good post Hilo....no everybody is stupid or everbody is peeing their pants. And the very last question says it all. :clapping:

Originally Posted by hilo@342
So who do you believe?

Once again...well said Hilo. Any explanation as to why the "Nosters" keep referring back "to the good ole days and the Union of old and how the new Teamsters have ruined the Union and etc etc etc" YET these same Brothers are now going against the Union themselves and what the Union is telling us. How can you have it both ways guys?

I'm not happy giving back either....but I am not happy going back to unemployment (been at a non-union job the past two years while on layoff here)...was called back to work in July this year.

All the tough talk about "vote No...shut it down if need be"....can anyone name ANYONE who was so pissed at the YES vote on the previous concessions tht they resigned and moved on to a better job??? I can't. I will reluctently be voting YES because I dont think the risk or reward from a NO vote is worth the risk our Union officials are telling us

There is more then just pride involved here.....the future of many workers and families. There is no Pot of Gold out there for all of us if YRC closes

You must be lliving in the dark ages. Because the world I live in is in the middle of he greatest recession since the 1920's. But people like you think all is well .And the company sucks. Well my friend there is a time to fight and a time to stay on the canvas. So if you feel like you would like to stick it up the companies a.. . Then go somewhere else and see what kind of other jobs are out there.Secondly it's not all about you and me there are others that are going to take a beating on this. A much larger beating then we are going to take. And now it's your turn to say .They can afford it. Well that's about a stupid as stupid gets. Who can afford to loose millions of dollars just so a company can survive.This is not a contract this is a death sentence.And if you want to die then vote no. But remember he who walks away lives to play another day. We are not fighting a fair fight. They have the gun with the bullets and we have a water pistol. I guess you see who will win. So when you are on the unemployment line and your family is on your case about being stupid .Remeber these words. I could've prevented this. This is not the time to be a big shot.

UH YEAh Right, Just like Yellow pulled all operations out of Chicago and fired everyone.:poster_stupid: