Yellow | I'm voting YES! Who is with me?

At the end of the day, it all boils down to if you believe what our Union officals are telling us or not. They have been to all of the meetings, the books are open for them, we elected them to represent us. They believe if we don't vote yes, YRC will close. There will not be a second offer. YRC's line of credit expires 10/31/10. YRC has secured a new line of credit, dependent on the passage of this agreement. This was stated in our local meetings by both our local preident, and yesterday by our steward. I don't like the agreement either. But I don't think we are in any bargining position to say no either. "You got to know when to hold'em, and when to fold them". We can come back on a day when we have a stronger position. 1983 I was at Ryder/Pie and went through that mess. I dropped 80 spots, and was laid off. But then, I went across the street, because everyone was union, at the time. There isn't anyone left to go to,"across the street". If YRC fails, the pension libelity falls on ABF, which will crush them, too. If we can't organize other truck lines and bring them up to our standards, we are forced to give up, in order to compeat.
So who do you believe?
YRC has already failed, otherwise they wouldn't be in the position there in. I believe that this is over and the union knows it, the co. knows it....and everybody who works for this rat hole co. knows it!! There not paying into the pension. They cant pay there bills, and eventually there not going to pay payroll. times have changed, either you can change with them or you can stick you head in the sand..entirely up to the individual. ABF isn't going anywhere, They may not be NMFA but the'll be fine, they run to well and have a good, solid foundation.They sell a quality product and there employees are happy for the most part. (which YRC isnt close to having) YRC has 30000 members in IBT. with 1.4 million members thats less then 3% of overall members of IBT They know freight division is gone..They also know its time to cut there losses!

YRC has already failed, otherwise they wouldn't be in the position there in. I believe that this is over and the union knows it, the co. knows it....and everybody who works for this rat hole co. knows it!! There not paying into the pension. They cant pay there bills, and eventually there not going to pay payroll. times have changed, either you can change with them or you can stick you head in the sand..entirely up to the individual. ABF isn't going anywhere, They may not be NMFA but the'll be fine, they run to well and have a good, solid foundation.They sell a quality product and there employees are happy for the most part. (which YRC isnt close to having) YRC has 30000 members in IBT. with 1.4 million members thats less then 3% of overall members of IBT They know freight division is gone..They also know its time to cut there losses!
And giving up is also fighting? Funny fighting.

thats exactly why you should vote NO !!! comprehend what you wrote....they will never have another full time guy again ..........

Not me brother,

Not me ,I have a backbone.We all should be together on this,but sad to say alot of people only think of themselves.I got another job after 6 months of playing phone tag.They have 20 layoff people come in on monday and friday ,hold the freight the rest of the week.This deal is not designed to bring anybody back to work.Its to keep them laid off.I make less than i did but im happy.Only took this job untill i got recalled,but it never happened,and it probabley wont.

HYDRAULIC BANANA : Are you the only person allowed to have a opinion ? STOP the personal attacks on other members they just as you are allowed a opinion!!

you spineless mut you
images

angry_woman_2(1).jpg

what? you're voting yes?
you %#&++^creep
images
don't vote yes
images

are you out of your freaking mind?​

hee hee​

R-14, Im chillin, about done preachin anyway! I can see now its a different world and what I say does not mean jack! I came from a UNION family and I have been in this for 20 years now so im a little jaded. Its just a little hard to swallow that these (YOUNG GENTELMEN?) are ready to give up everything that the REAL MEN and the REAL HOFFA worked so hard to achieve. So in closing all you (BROTHERS) remember that you reap what you sow and you will have to live with this alot longer than I! .....Later!

Great post H/B ! Thanks and have a GREAT DAY !!!!!!!

R-14, Im chillin, about done preachin anyway! I can see now its a different world and what I say does not mean jack! I came from a UNION family and I have been in this for 20 years now so im a little jaded. Its just a little hard to swallow that these (YOUNG GENTELMEN?) are ready to give up everything that the REAL MEN and the REAL HOFFA worked so hard to achieve. So in closing all you (BROTHERS) remember that you reap what you sow and you will have to live with this alot longer than I! .....Later!

Some of these tough guys on here better not let their wife's see what they are saying or typing on here, I predict a lot of divorces if this place shuts down.
All the "rambo" talk will not be of ANY value. I just wonder if this does not pass, as a no voter will you disclose to your wife that you VOTED away your job?

mine too . she keeps asking me if I think it will close with a no vote , and i say i doubt it . then she asked again same question and i gave her same answer . finally i asked her whats up ?
she said that she hoped we would be able to move home to our kids and grands by spring. lol

Longblade I am really starting to fell old. I remember when 120 opened and we would go through 100 dock people a day.Today it's like working at the country club,Nothing even close to the early days.And the current members have no Idea what we went through to get them what we have now.It's sad really sad.as to what the members have become.

Longblade I am really starting to fell old. I remember when 120 opened and we would go through 100 dock people a day.Today it's like working at the country club,Nothing even close to the early days.And the current members have no Idea what we went through to get them what we have now.It's sad really sad.as to what the members have become.
So ya think the members should go against what the leaders said and vote 'no' knowing that the union leaders and their paid 'experts' told us that the place would close and 30,000 Teamsters would lose their jobs at YRC, New Penn, Holland, and Reddaway.....I wonder how many old timers went against what their leaders told them and how often they made their union look so divided by attacking their leaders constantly?

So ya think the members should go against what the leaders said and vote 'no' knowing that the union leaders and their paid 'experts' told us that the place would close and 30,000 Teamsters would lose their jobs at YRC, New Penn, Holland, and Reddaway.....I wonder how many old timers went against what their leaders told them and how often they made their union look so divided by attacking their leaders constantly?
Well, it's obvious that the contract doesn't properly represent the majority of the members. It isn't job security, it's job entrapment. This contract only works for management of YRC and the union bosses. The employess/members are always on a need to know basis, and right now they don't need to anything else other than to either vote Yes or No. Remember, the company and the union knows what's best for their working class employees/members. They both have their employees/members backs, 1 :biglaugh:, 1 :hysterical:, 100%. Trust them, they both will be more responsible and conservative with the use of other people's money, for YRC's success this time around. :LMAO: