In Cab Cameras

Discussion in 'YRC Freight' started by Sugarfoot, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Hugh Snynder

Hugh Snynder Active Member

Not investing in technology that provides a good return on investment would be irresponsible and mismanagement at it's finest. I'll take a wait and see approach on this one.

dilly, albag and Triplex like this.
  2. Wrench97

Wrench97 Well-Known Member

Plus discounts on insurance.

Elwood, dilly and albag like this.
  3. Sugarfoot

Sugarfoot " I'm just a truck driver "

Watched the 12 min dvd last night on the cameras in the drivers room with the safety man.
    Volvo on display with camera in it for all to see and check out next couple of days.
    Mounted on dash just left of CB tray, freight liners are mounted at top of windshield in the DVD.

albag likes this.
  4. BIG R GUY

BIG R GUY Last, bag standing

Who knows. Maybe these cameras will even help their CSA score a little in an accident investigation scenario.... Remember, the deer that ran out in front of you and lived, is not going to hang around to tell the police he caused you to flip your truck... Now you have it on tape.

albag and Elwood like this.
  5. hilo342

hilo342 Active Member

Drive Cam vendor has started installing in Kansas City along with 8 other locations. We were told by the safety man the goal is to be done by April 2016. He also stated there will be another 300 new tractors 1st quarter 2016. Also seeing new 40' liftgates, getting 1 or 2 here locally

albag likes this.
  6. upnorth

upnorth Super Moderator Staff Member

That sucks for you guys. At least you don't have them facing inside the cab... Yet.

7. bigtruk_us

bigtruk_us Well-Known Member

Most if not all that are on safety teams get paid.Dont have to turn a wheel.Milking that clock.i get my safety info off those new 48 inch flat screen tvs they installed in most drivers rooms.Matter if fact l they weren't playing the Iinfo about cameras in our tractors on that NEW big screen TV.It was being played on the old sufficient square box from a dvd.i think re-runs of cheers was being played on the flat screen.Its all rainbows and ggum drops at YRC.Yeah baby.word to yo mutha..lol

8. bigtruk_us

Double Check discount
    YEAH BABY!!! Word to yo mutha lol

9. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden New Member

Eeeeee thats...mm. Not so good incentive. At least in my opinion. I think it creates a psychological mistrust which then incentives less than spectacular performance from the employees. I personally just think that it's overall not a great idea. I think it would be better to provide an employee rewards program to incentives your drivers. i.e getting a kickback at the end of the year from a portion of gas saved. Or rewards for exceeding time expectations or what have you.

If the employer still wishes to have some real time information which lets be clear everyone THAT IS FAIR OF THEM TO WANT TO MONITOR than I think a gps tracking system what many times the employees wouldnt even know about would be ideal. Using a tracking system that just installs in the truck and not having to worry about negative impact on employee morale.

BIG R GUY likes this.
  10. bigtruk_us

Kind of an old thread.2015

Sugarfoot likes this.
  11. BIG R GUY

BIG R GUY Last, bag standing

Just someone trying to sell his crap to anyone who will bite....

TC1, Sugarfoot and bigtruk_us like this.
  12. seabreeze

seabreeze Not Well Known Member, 60 Year Teamster Member

Beyond my wildest imagination why anyone would wreck his big old 80000lb truck because of a 150lb deer,
    I have hit a few but it never entered my mind to leave my lane for Bambi, maybe I'm missing something.
    Don't think I would it on tape.

13. littlekorvette

littlekorvette Active Member

Don't even realize it's there. You just drive ano pulling 63mph truck as hard as yuou can. Camera means nothing