Yellow | In Cab Cameras

Every dime spent on new purchases that are not tractors or trailers shows how out of touch the ones at the top are. Irresponsible miss management at it's finest.
Not investing in technology that provides a good return on investment would be irresponsible and mismanagement at it's finest. I'll take a wait and see approach on this one.

Watched the 12 min dvd last night on the cameras in the drivers room with the safety man.
Volvo on display with camera in it for all to see and check out next couple of days.
Mounted on dash just left of CB tray, freight liners are mounted at top of windshield in the DVD.

Not investing in technology that provides a good return on investment would be irresponsible and mismanagement at it's finest. I'll take a wait and see approach on this one.
Who knows. Maybe these cameras will even help their CSA score a little in an accident investigation scenario.... Remember, the deer that ran out in front of you and lived, is not going to hang around to tell the police he caused you to flip your truck... Now you have it on tape.

Drive Cam vendor has started installing in Kansas City along with 8 other locations. We were told by the safety man the goal is to be done by April 2016. He also stated there will be another 300 new tractors 1st quarter 2016. Also seeing new 40' liftgates, getting 1 or 2 here locally

Most if not all that are on safety teams get paid.Dont have to turn a wheel.Milking that clock.i get my safety info off those new 48 inch flat screen tvs they installed in most drivers rooms.Matter if fact l they weren't playing the Iinfo about cameras in our tractors on that NEW big screen TV.It was being played on the old sufficient square box from a dvd.i think re-runs of cheers was being played on the flat screen.Its all rainbows and ggum drops at YRC.Yeah baby.word to yo mutha..lol

Was told by BA last night that the Company will begin to install FORWARD FACING only Cameras beginning the second week of December. They will also record if you are over the posted speed limit and tailgating for an x amount of seconds, Must have GPS system in them.

Any thoughts, I know other Carriers have these devices.

Eeeeee thats...mm. Not so good incentive. At least in my opinion. I think it creates a psychological mistrust which then incentives less than spectacular performance from the employees. I personally just think that it's overall not a great idea. I think it would be better to provide an employee rewards program to incentives your drivers. i.e getting a kickback at the end of the year from a portion of gas saved. Or rewards for exceeding time expectations or what have you.

If the employer still wishes to have some real time information which lets be clear everyone THAT IS FAIR OF THEM TO WANT TO MONITOR than I think a gps tracking system what many times the employees wouldnt even know about would be ideal. Using a tracking system that just installs in the truck and not having to worry about negative impact on employee morale.

Who knows. Maybe these cameras will even help their CSA score a little in an accident investigation scenario.... Remember, the deer that ran out in front of you and lived, is not going to hang around to tell the police he caused you to flip your truck... Now you have it on tape.

Beyond my wildest imagination why anyone would wreck his big old 80000lb truck because of a 150lb deer,
I have hit a few but it never entered my mind to leave my lane for Bambi, maybe I'm missing something.
Don't think I would it on tape.

Eeeeee thats...mm. Not so good incentive. At least in my opinion. I think it creates a psychological mistrust which then incentives less than spectacular performance from the employees. I personally just think that it's overall not a great idea. I think it would be better to provide an employee rewards program to incentives your drivers. i.e getting a kickback at the end of the year from a portion of gas saved. Or rewards for exceeding time expectations or what have you.

If the employer still wishes to have some real time information which lets be clear everyone THAT IS FAIR OF THEM TO WANT TO MONITOR than I think a gps tracking system what many times the employees wouldnt even know about would be ideal. Using a tracking system that just installs in the truck and not having to worry about negative impact on employee morale.
Don't even realize it's there. You just drive ano pulling 63mph truck as hard as yuou can. Camera means nothing