TForce | INDY Contract Terms

Foose

TB Lurker
Credits
The UPS Freight contract will not be under the National Master Freight Agreement, or a supplement to it, but a white paper contract. Wages go up 65¢ immediately, and then 70-75-80-85-90¢ over the next five years (the wage increases are split in half each year, in January and July). It has company pension, apparently with no improvement, and company health benefits. A Teamster must pay $150 per month to get family health coverage. No change in sick days, personal days or vacations.

The company previously provided matching money for a 401(k), and that was given up in the contract. That and the co-pay for health insurance are two of the issues that a number of UPS Freight drivers have forcefully objected to on the internet forum truckingboards.com.

But they now get union protection: a grievance procedure (not the freight panels, a company-based procedure) and seniority rights.

UPS Freight Indianapolis Contract | Teamsters for a Democratic Union

Well than if we are still under our old pension,who has the control of it UPS,or the IBT?

Also if this is the case we don't have to work 5 free years for a vestment period if its still our old pension.
Thats very good news for me.
How about the new Teamster membership initiation fees.
Are we who already have at least 1 year with our company going to have that fee waived like the Teamsters originally promised?
Do you have this information,if not where can we find this out?

Now its my understanding the dues will be 2 & 1/2 times our hourly wage biased on a 40 hour week,is that correct?

Odd the contract is on the underground TDU website,and not the main Teamster page?

Well than if we are still under our old pension,who has the control of it UPS,or the IBT?

Also if this is the case we don't have to work 5 free years for a vestment period if its still our old pension.
Thats very good news for me.
How about the new Teamster membership initiation fees.
Are we who already have at least 1 year with our company going to have that fee waived like the Teamsters originally promised?
Do you have this information,if not where can we find this out?

Now its my understanding the dues will be 2 & 1/2 times our hourly wage biased on a 40 hour week,is that correct?

Odd the contract is on the underground TDU website,and not the main Teamster page?

I get the impression the Teamsters are embarresed.If that is what the contract is, do they think we are all dummies, and it took a year for that. So we did loose on 3 different accounts. What a damn farse.

I doubt you will see any great changes for the non-union side of ups freight, as far as money and beenies. I have a hunch that there will be some sort a quid pro quo for the teamsters. As far as pushing UPSF workers toward the union. For us at my center it has always been about the rules! Not money! :1036316054:

Whats the story UPS,and the Teamsters dragged their feet for just over a year.
Then when the parcel contract was in the works they just all of a sudden magically wrap up the Freight division contract?
They rail roaded it through Indy,and are they now thinking we will all fall into place in short order?

I still see a whole lot of speculation on here.
Maybe by Monday we will all get to see the entire toilet paper contract all drawn up with every article,that can be scrutinized,by each,and everyone of us UPS Freight workers.

Then when we actually see what the story is we can go from there?

Vote yes things change-vote no and nothong changes!

The bottom line is if you don't join the union than nothing will change at the company! That is it! Joining the union is the only way to get a say in how things are done! If you want nothing to happen, than do nothing! I for one will be a positive force for change! :Rulz: :1036316054:

ok I only pay $7.06 a week for all of my benifits, extra ADD, extra life and medical, and I will lose about $200 a month in stock (matching 401k) and have to pay @ $57 in dues.

So total I lose $3084 + the cost of insurance just in dues and matching 401k (which gains intrest but I am not counting that.)

over 5 years that is $15,420 less

the raises based on 40 hour work week would gain if going union and if already topped out be:

$5070 extra for the .65 raise over 5 years
$4368 extra for the .70 raise over 4 years
$3510 extra for the .75 raise over 3 years
$2496 extra for the .80 raise over 2 years
$1326 extra for the .85 raise over 1 years $25.75 at the end of the fifth year

total would be $16,770 in raises over 5 years
but I am gonna loose $15,420

total net gain if you make $62,000 currently would be $1,350 payed out over 5 years.

this is assuming union dues do not rise over the contract.

the intrest that my 401k match that ups has given me has already has made up that difference in the first year.

and these figuires are not includng any raises we would get from ups if we don't vote union which would breakdown like this

$.50 a year raise for 5 years

$5200 for 5 years
$4160 for 4 years
$3120 for 3 years
$2080 for 2 years
$1040 for 1 year
$24.50 after 5 years

$15,600 in raises over 5 years

here is where there trying to trick us there throwing out numbers like $.65 raise a year but it is payed out half in january the other half you get in july, they think were stupid

lets say you make $22.00
if you get $.325 in january you get $22.325 for 6 months

$22.325 x 40 = $893 per week x 26 weeks = $23,218 for the first 6 months

then you get bumped up to $22.65 x 40 = $906 per week x 26 weeks = $23,556 for the second 6 months

total $46,774

If we were to gt a standard $.50 raise

$22.50 x 40 hours per week = $900 per week x 52 weeks = $46,800

would you rather have the $.50 cent raise or the $.65?

when they split the .65 raise in half for 6 months it is actually $.48

There is no question financially we are better off not going union, if all we have heard so far is true.

I am not against the union, but so far what I have read is a joke.

Not the money

I'm not joining the union for the money, but for rights and protection! What good is 401k if you don't have a job to put money into it? 30% turn over rate at my center in the last 4 months! If you choose trucking to make money, you made the wrong choice. I want a living and a living includes respect and security!:1036316054:

ok I only pay $7.06 a week for all of my benifits, extra ADD, extra life and medical, and I will lose about $200 a month in stock (matching 401k) and have to pay @ $57 in dues.

So total I lose $3084 + the cost of insurance just in dues and matching 401k (which gains intrest but I am not counting that.)

the raises based on 40 hour work week would gain if going union and if already topped out be:

total net gain if you make $62,000 currently would be $1,350 payed out over 5 years.

the intrest that my 401k match that ups has given me has already has made up that difference in the first year.

and these figuires are not includng any raises we would get from ups if we don't vote union which would breakdown like this

$5200 for 5 years
$4160 for 4 years
$3120 for 3 years
$2080 for 2 years
$1040 for 1 year
$24.50 after 5 years

here is where there trying to trick us there throwing out numbers like $.65 raise a year but it is payed out half in january the other half you get in july, they think were stupid

lets say you make $22.00

then you get bumped up to $22.65 x 40 = $906 per week x 26 weeks = $23,556 for the second 6 months

total $46,774

There is no question financially we are better off not going union, if all we have heard so far is true.

Your math leaves out alot! Overtime,paid breaks, lets not forget that your medical will not go up for 6 years! and who says we will get our raises as before? we are under new owners now.:toxic:

Your math leaves out alot! Overtime,paid breaks, lets not forget that your medical will not go up for 6 years! and who says we will get our raises as before? we are under new owners now.:toxic:

We have been debating this at our terminal and we are looking like we will stick with what we have now. we have no issues with management and the rule book is followed strictly. This is a losing contract. I will stick with what we know we have as wil the majority of our terminal. Unless they can show us better.

Staying Non Union

We have been debating this at our terminal and we are looking like we will stick with what we have now. we have no issues with management and the rule book is followed strictly. This is a losing contract. I will stick with what we know we have as wil the majority of our terminal. Unless they can show us better.

Our terminal agrees with you for the most part. We were honestly at about an 85% approval for the union. With the crummy contract terms we are all hearing about, we'll be lucky if the union votes are the high side of the 20% range. Everyone is disgruntled with this apparent lack of strength on the Teamsters part. They better come up with a much better contract fast while people even still care a little.

Good no one wants you in the union anyway.:smilie_132:

$5200 for 5 years
$4160 for 4 years
$3120 for 3 years
$2080 for 2 years
$1040 for 1 year
$24.50 after 5 years

lets say you make $22.00

total $46,774

7.06 for you benifits is not the norm !!!!!!!!

Our terminal agrees with you for the most part. We were honestly at about an 85% approval for the union. With the crummy contract terms we are all hearing about, we'll be lucky if the union votes are the high side of the 20% range. Everyone is disgruntled with this apparent lack of strength on the Teamsters part. They better come up with a much better contract fast while people even still care a little.
I always like people who make up there minds before they actually read the thing. The guys at your terminal must be gullible.:hysterical:

our guys are realists who don't blindly follow somemade up personal image of the union. The gullible one my friend is YOU for not being able to think for yourself.

our guys are realists who don't blindly follow somemade up personal image of the union. The gullible one my friend is YOU for not being able to think for yourself.
No answer on the contract ? Why? because you have not read it. Yet you condemn it. Why?

Actually, he admitted to voting yes even he thought it wasn't so great. See there, you speak without having any idea of what your talking about. The ultimate blowhard.