TForce | Is Motor Cargo rebranding?

UPGF4IBT

TB Lurker
Credits
With the rebranding of Overnite trucks and trailers going at a record pace, I was wondering whether or not Motor Cargo is also being rebranded??

UPGF4IBT said:
With the re-branding of Overnite trucks and trailers going at a record pace, I was wondering whether or not Motor Cargo is also being re-branded??

The trailers that are in good shape are already being painted and branded(at least the newer Danes)...M/C and O pups.

I think they are primarily concerned about re-branding the newer equipment.
Anything that will be replaced in the next year or two probably wont be painted.
So far they are only painting Volvo's...probably 04' and up.

They have three years to complete the re-branding, so it wouldn't make much sense to spend the money to paint something that is going to be replaced soon.

I doubt they will even paint any of the corn binders(Internationals:puke: ),which from what I have seen is mostly what M/C operated.

steve5 said:
MC has a lot of new 9200i's, what are they going to do with them?

Sell them?

If they are new...I doubt it...when I say I doubt they will paint the corn binders...I guess I was referring to the ones at "O"....they are really close to replacement. "O" has been purchasing Volvo's since (I think)around 2003 or 2004.

And most of the M/C corn binders I have seen to and from CA looked old.

wassesname said:
The 8100s at O still look current. they just need to be freshened up. then go another million miles.

I will give it to International,they built dependable trucks/motors...but they suck to drive.
Driver comfort wasn't an option when these rags were designed.

what is newer is logic, what is cheeper (less expensive) is practical. I dont think logic is much of a factor. I still see those sand color units out there and they paint 61,62 series w/ 900+ thousand on them. If we want to get onboard the tightest ship, there is one more thing we have to do other than concern ourselves with paint.

UPSF_GLAD TO BE NON-UNION said:
I will give it to International,they built dependable trucks/motors...but they suck to drive.
Driver comfort wasn't an option when these rags were designed.

The 9200i's ride nice, not as nice as the Volvos. And the ones at MC are loaded.

I drive an 18000 series 95' Volvo,its getting a second seat.

My tractor has over 980,000 but its still running good.
It doesn't have a working fuel gadge so I keep track of the mileage.
It averages 7.5 miles to the gallon,I don't think thats bad with that many miles.

Anyway when I was being trained to be a trainer I was informed to write my tractor number down so a second seat could be put in for ride alongs.

If they do this,maybe I'll get to keep my tractor?
I hope so because I'm used to it.
You'll find the older you get the harder it is to deal with change.

I know I'm dealling with many UPS changes,but I sure hope I get to hang onto my Overnite ride.

Apo ... if they decide to retire your ride see if you can buy it for your horse operation, seriously, I have seen old O equipment for sale in those trader publications free at gas stations.

I guess it would be good if my terminal saw their new..

trainer begging to keep his old tractor?

I mean it wouldn't be something my TM would like to see,just one week after UPS invested all their money in my training.

Gee wiz this old Volvo has been my home away from home for so long.
I'd really,really hate to see it go bye,bye.

But than again maybe I'll get a newer Road Tractor hand me down that has a workable air conditioner,and fuel gadge,that wouldn't be so bad.

I don't even have a farm tractor on my place.
For what little I'd need one for I hire it out.
Its way cheaper for someone to come in when I need it rather than having one around collecting cobwebs.

Also I don't mind you posters getting after me on these boards.
I can laugh at myself as much as you.

I actually prefer the International's to the Volvo's...them seem to ride better and definetely pull better. Granted, though, the cab design did not have the driver in mind 110%, but neither did the GMC Brigadier's I drove at Yellow, and look how long they held on!!

I would rather have an International day cab if I ever went back to solo.

My old tractor was a good 'ol truck, pulled the hills and it was fast.

I read somewhere here where Sterling was brought up and UPS was buying a bunch for parcel, but It was said that they were junk.
Don't know if they will start buying them for us or not, but Emery now cartage allways used ford/sterlings.

I've driven them at GI and those little Sterlings hauled. The one I drove had a MBZ engine and it pulled great.