TForce | Is Motor Cargo rebranding?

they are using motor cargo pups and gears because the overnite equipment is junk and an embarassment to be seen driving and they take motor cargo trailers and gears and leave us looking like the loser company overnite is...dirty barns and trash equipment, why didn't they put money back into the company oh! maybe because leo got a 6 million dollars wage and benefit package last year....what did you get?

webidiot said:
they are using motor cargo pups and gears because the overnite equipment is junk and an embarrassment to be seen driving and they take motor cargo trailers and gears and leave us looking like the loser company overnite is...dirty barns and trash equipment, why didn't they put money back into the company oh! maybe because leo got a 6 million dollars wage and benefit package last year....what did you get?

I really can't figure out why someone as disgruntled as you still works here. If I had such bad feelings toward the company I worked for, I would have gone somewhere else already.

Also, I have seen quite a bit of junk M/C equipment too.....I just used one of your junk dolly's Sunday night......so lets not pretend your pulling junk for the first time.

And the good equipment you do have.....did the Motor Cargo Gods make it appear at your terminals?....NO....anything that has been purchased since "O" mistakenly bought your company was bought by "O"...not Motor Cargo.
You haven't worked for Motor Cargo for quite some time...you have been working for "O" and now UPS Freight, so give it a rest.
And for that matter, up until May 1st nothing changed right? "O" left you alone, and it wasn't until UPS bought us and integrated us together, that things changed for you...right?..So put your bashing where it belongs.
"O" could have (and probably should have) bought M/C and closed all of those terminals...then opened up and hired all new employee's, and have people who want to work there....Instead of having cowards that don't want to work here and post on a message board and hide behind a screen name. Yours suits you well I might ad.

Do UPS Freight and your co-workers a huge favor and submit you letter of resignation, since you hate it here so bad.
Then keep us informed of how much better you have it elsewhere.
Maybe you could go to Yellow or Roadway and drive some of their wonderful equipment.

And, no....I'm not bashing "Y" or "R"...just pointing out that we are not the only ones that have a lot of equipment on the road that may not be the best. You can't keep them in showroom condition forever...especially when you have careless drivers, jockeys, and loaders.
Also, if you find a problem with something...write it up to be fixed.
Problems cant be fixed if someone is too lazy to write it up for the mechanics.
Most people figure someone else will do it.

UPSF_GLAD TO BE NON-UNION said:
I really can't figure out why someone as disgruntled as you still works here. If I had such bad feelings toward the company I worked for, I would have gone somewhere else already.

Also, I have seen quite a bit of junk M/C equipment too.....I just used one of your junk dolly's Sunday night......so lets not pretend your pulling junk for the first time.

And the good equipment you do have.....did the Motor Cargo Gods make it appear at your terminals?....NO....anything that has been purchased since "O" mistakenly bought your company was bought by "O"...not Motor Cargo.
You haven't worked for Motor Cargo for quite some time...you have been working for "O" and now UPS Freight, so give it a rest.
And for that matter, up until May 1st nothing changed right? "O" left you alone, and it wasn't until UPS bought us and integrated us together, that things changed for you...right?..So put your bashing where it belongs.
"O" could have (and probably should have) bought M/C and closed all of those terminals...then opened up and hired all new employee's, and have people who want to work there....Instead of having cowards that don't want to work here and post on a message board and hide behind a screen name. Yours suits you well I might ad.

Do UPS Freight and your co-workers a huge favor and submit you letter of resignation, since you hate it here so bad.
Maybe you could go to Yellow or Roadway and drive some of their wonderful equipment.

And, no....I'm not bashing "Y" or "R"...just pointing out that we are not the only ones that have a lot of equipment on the road that may not be the best. You can't keep them in showroom condition forever...especially when you have careless drivers, jockeys, and loaders.

also to note..most companies who are driving "newer" equipment.. rent it or lease it. we own ours !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm suprised that you got suckered in to responding to this guy ,Glad. Especially you.

What he posted wasn't worth it. And he never responds when called on it.

I hope the "should have been" comment was not meant, don't go down to his level.

steve5 said:
I'm surprised that you got suckered in to responding to this guy ,Glad. Especially you.

What he posted wasn't worth it. And he never responds when called on it.

I hope the "should have been" comment was not meant, don't go down to his level.

I have read quite a bit from him lately and passed it by, but for some reason it struck a nerve today...LOL.

I get tired of reading about how terrible our equipment is and I know some of it isn't real pretty, but when you think of how many pieces of equipment we have and the fact that the company owns(not leases) it all....its understandable that some may be a little raggedy til its replaced.
They buy new equipment all the time, but at the rate some of our fellow employee's tear it up...there will always be rough looking stuff out there.
I know even some of the new Danes that came in right after UPS bought us(the ones that never got decals) already look like their 10 years old.

And, No, the "should have been" comment wasn't meant, it was just to get his goat since he does nothing but complain about "O"/UPSF while taking his paycheck to the bank. I should have added a disclaimer about that, but kept going on my rant.
I have spoken to a few of you and was the one to wave first in passing when I ran sleeper to SAC. I have no ill will to you guys or your old company...."O" bought you for a reason. I just wish everyone who isn't happy with that fact would realize it is a done deal.
Hopefully with UPS owning us now we will ALL be happy and successful.
But bad mouthing things we can't change on a message board won't do anything but make people who don't work here think it is a sh*tty place to work, when it is not.

So if I offended any "decent" former M/C employee's..I apologise and hope we all succeed as UPS Freight employee's.

I have read quite a bit from him lately and passed it by, but for some reason it struck a nerve today...LOL.

I get tired of reading about how terrible our equipment is and I know some of it isn't real pretty, but when you think of how many pieces of equipment we have and the fact that the company owns(not leases) it all....its understandable that some may be a little raggedy til its replaced.
They buy new equipment all the time, but at the rate some of our fellow employee's tear it up...there will always be rough looking stuff out there.
I know even some of the new Danes that came in right after UPS bought us(the ones that never got decals) already look like their 10 years old.

And, No, the "should have been" comment wasn't meant, it was just to get his goat since he does nothing but complain about "O"/UPSF while taking his paycheck to the bank. I should have added a disclaimer about that, but kept going on my rant.
I have spoken to a few of you and was the one to wave first in passing when I ran sleeper to SAC. I have no ill will to you guys or your old company...."O" bought you for a reason. I just wish everyone who isn't happy with that fact would realize it is a done deal.
Hopefully with UPS owning us now we will ALL be happy and successful.
But bad mouthing things we can't change on a message board won't do anything but make people who don't work here think it is a sh*tty place to work, when it is not.

So if I offended any "decent" former M/C employee's..I apologise and hope we all succeed as UPS Freight employee's.

He just wants to get a rise out of people. He seems to be one of the few that I've heard about that think that If your not union your not good enough. JMO, I would just ignore him, It isn't worth your time.

Just my two cents .
But we are no longer Motor Cargo,or Overnite.
Both of these companies are now wholely owned by UPS,making both LTL's,their freight division,with a service mark of UPS Freight.

This all took place May 1st 2006 for all that may have missed this transformation.

Both Motor Cargo,and Overnite have joined trucking history as former,LTL trucking companies purchased by United Parcel Service.

Hope this helps?

If you like it,or not the name of our company is UPS Freight.

This is all going to take time. Hell UPS is only the biggest trucking company in the free world owning. looking at the postings it seems the real bad stuff is on the eastcoast. On the westcoast the bid runs drivers seem to have pretty nice stuff and the extra board drivers have the older but not run down stuff. and as far as congears ALL companys have crapy ones. You can't blaim the company for all that either you all know there are drivers that never write up bad Eq. They say " let the next guy do it I wanna get the hell outta here" And then there are the shops that only do the Quick fix just to get it going again because they have the yard dispatcher saying " I need that truck or congear NOW" Dave has wrote up many of congears only to come back in 12 hrs and hook the same one not fixed, but it has to roll. maybe what it will take is to start with the shop guys maybe writing them up maybe writing up the driver before you.

I hope no ones jumps my butt for this posting, Its only 1 persons opnion.

Don't you all feel bad about UPS not jumping into the freight buisness,and straighting all our management,and equipment issues out like we'd all hoped they would when we were rebranded.
I'm sure that just like all of us (X) Overnite,and Motor Cargo workers getting used to the name change.

Our parent UPS is trying to get used to the LTL trucking end of their great big global enterprise.
Since our rebranding coming up on 5 months the first of September.
They have been introducing their ways little,by little of running us as they've been doing parcel since their start up in 1907.

This may just be my opinion, but if their still perfecting parcel their core buisness,for 99 years.
Than everything with the freight division won't be changed overnight.(No pun intended.)

Apostolic..

Why should I feel bad.. I said it was all going to take time.. I think you didn't read my post right...I also said it was all going to take time.... Reread it..

webidiot said:
they are using motor cargo pups and gears because the overnite equipment is junk and an embarassment to be seen driving and they take motor cargo trailers and gears and leave us looking like the loser company overnite is...dirty barns and trash equipment, why didn't they put money back into the company oh! maybe because leo got a 6 million dollars wage and benefit package last year....what did you get?
Just remember, The only reason you had that equiptment and a job was because of "O" You were working for "O" before Upsf even came along.

webidiot said:

"OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BOY ".WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE MY VISION.

Covvgirl said:
Was M/C owned by O??? before UPS bought up the 2?? Or was M/C its own company and O too??

"O" was owned by Union P @ the time MC was purchased . Then "O" bought themselves bach from Union P . like 2 years prior to the UPS purchase.

Moparman said:
And just remember buster,if U.P.S. didn't buy "O" you might not have a job either!
Your exactly right. I still don't understand how we can continue to operate with the "O" attitude. Or how Ups continues to allow us to operate as if it were still "O" I am waiting for the big change.

webidiot said:
I had a set of MC pups the other night. These pups were old and yet not a dent on them. No foil on the top front corners, all lights worked, no bent placards, no bent landing gear, no loose doors, brakes were adjusted. I felt the need to find a low bridge so these pups would match the rest of the "O" trailers.