TForce | Is Motor Cargo rebranding?

UPGF4IBT said:
I actually prefer the International's to the Volvo's...them seem to ride better and definetely pull better. Granted, though, the cab design did not have the driver in mind 110%, but neither did the GMC Brigadier's I drove at Yellow, and look how long they held on!!

I haven't been in one that rides better...and none of them I have been in pull good,but that is how "O" has them set up.
All of our trucks have the ability to pull good,but they have them turned down.

hugnlug said:
Cartage Services(Menlo-Emery) are getting the city freight shakers. They look like toy trucks.

MACK , MACK ,MACK. This is what we need . Freightshaker's have been loosing the truck war's as far as I am concearned. :Banger-Cow: :Censored-Cow:

Mack was a choice in the beginning but they wanted too much money for the same spech's in a Volvo.

Accelerator said:
MACK , MACK ,MACK. This is what we need . Freightshaker's have been loosing the truck war's as far as I am concearned. :Banger-Cow: :Censored-Cow:

Mack was a choice in the beginning but they wanted too much money for the same spech's in a Volvo.
We had alot of macks at one time. I had an old cab over and also had a r-model with "O" When mack came out with the ch-series we had some of those also, But all were shipped out to our terminals in Canada. For emisions reasons and also started better in the cold weather.

there are 3 different engines in the volvos that o has, get a OH and they pull real good if you have a Cummins. after 750,000 the "new" kinda goes away.

BusterNite said:
We had alot of macks at one time. I had an old cab over and also had a r-model with "O" When mack came out with the ch-series we had some of those also, But all were shipped out to our terminals in Canada. For emisions reasons and also started better in the cold weather.

Well I hope we go back to the mack if it comes down to brass tax. I do not hate the volvo's mind you but both are better than the shatspreader's.

Accelerator said:
Well I hope we go back to the mack if it comes down to brass tax. I do not hate the volvo's mind you but both are better than the shatspreader's.
The r-models we had were great even though they did not have, AC, stereo, power steering or power anything. Now the cab overs I don't even want to talk about!

BusterNite said:
The r-models we had were great even though they did not have, AC, stereo, power steering or power anything. Now the cab overs I don't even want to talk about!

Well I hope we go back in that direction. And the old R models I must say I enjoyed driving those as well ,and if mine had power steering I would have fought to keep it.

In the northwest UPS seems bent on getting us all into Sterlings and 9400 IH's. There are a few Mack Visions around but not many though. Hope you guys do better than we are in getting new line power!

We are still operating 95 Fords with 3406 Cats, most with over 1 mill on them.........

hey guys how bout some info
where is motor cargo from?
we started to see some of that equipment in the yard
were they unionized or what?
just curious

Where are trailers built?

Maybe there bringing them through the system to be traded in on new UPS Freight pup trailers?

Just a thought,who knows if they get a better deal with trade ins,or purchasing new trailers out right?

From the looks of these Motor Cargo pups I doubt that very many will be rebranded?

I don't have a clue how big companies deal with the vendors they get their equipment from?

I talked to a road driver out of Newburg.
He said theres a lot of units getting repainted down there.
There being sent out to Mako Body,I'm not sure I spelled their company name right?

But maybe a lot of equipment is coming east to be rebranded?

Like everything else big companies always shop around for the best price to get their work done.
I heard at the launch date,it would take over three years,and around 40 million dollars to rebrand all of our equipment.

Maybe 40 million isn't a lot concidering all the equipment we have?

Can one of you MC guys post a pic of a new international rebranded? I believe I read you guys have a few new int's. If not "belay my last."

Boats said:
Can one of you MC guys post a pic of a new international rebranded? I believe I read you guys have a few new int's. If not "belay my last."

I haven't seen a MC intl rebranded, but there was a ovnt intl 9100 with the UPSF colors but only had a grey sticker,also a 8100 city tractor with new colors. Both were in St. Louis.

Aka M/c

My Hubby is in OR. and his last truck 2001 Cornbinder. with 771K miles on it and they are not rebranding it...

Covvgirl said:
My Hubby is in OR. and his last truck 2001 Cornbinder. with 771K miles on it and they are not rebranding it...

I think they are going to take care of the OVNT terminals before they get to us.

Although, SLC has some of thier Volvos rebranded, we had one in the LAX yard for a couple weeks. Of corse we were never alowed to drive it.

My Intl also had high mileage but it was a good truck. Too bad they won't keep it.

steve5 said:
I think they are going to take care of the OVNT terminals before they get to us.

Although, SLC has some of their Volvo's re-branded, we had one in the LAX yard for a couple weeks. Of course we were never allowed to drive it.

My Intl also had high mileage but it was a good truck. Too bad they won't keep it.

Any tractor close to a million miles probably wont be painted, since it will be replaced soon.

Any UPS Freight pup you see that doesn't have nose poles are former M/C pups.
I saw a couple last night.

MC tractors (INTL) have not been painted they have not figured out how to paint them using the upsfreight scheme because the intl's do not fit the scheme used on the volvos....