TForce | Is Motor Cargo rebranding?

Overnite was using Viking for their midwest routes,than viking was purchased buy American freight before they became Fedex's freight division.
Overnite was owned by the rail road,and to still keep their midwest freight accounts they needed another midwest LTL.
So insted of interlining with Motor cargo as an independent company,Overnite had the rail road make them an offer they couldn't refuse.

UPS wanted to purchase Overnite a short time after Union Pacific took over control.
UP wanted to get their 1.4 Billion back UPS said to much.
During the union strike UPS took another look but didn't want union problems.
The strike devalued Overnite so much that the Overnite management worked out a deal with Union Pacific to break away from their core rail business.
UP needed the money so they allowed Overnite to cut,and run.

Overnite with Motor cargo in tow went public with a stock offering thats when UPS came,and bought up all of their stock,for a full take over,with a 1.2 Billion cash deal.
And as we all say the rest is history.
Now I'm sure I could of missed some more details but this is how I saw it being an Overnite employee from when Mr. J.H.C owned Overnite.
Just a side bar of this story.
Our founder sold Overnite in 1986,he bought a truckload trucking company,and ran it up till Overnite went public,sold out than bought back into Overnite putting himself on the board of directors.
I saw a picture of him ,and Leo last year at the anouncment of the UPS purchase.
You know this man is one smart cookie.
I think his hobby is making money,make more money.
His grand kids will never spend the interest on the money hes made.
I for one say God bless him.

Sure Would like to see your vision Accelerator.
What does the future hold for all of us UPS Freight emloyees?

Where do you see our company a year from now?
I hope all of my co-workers have good health,and are still happy one year from now.

Oh My hillbilly frog,thats even too gross for me to think about.

Although I do like your taste in good old country music.

I don't care to know what your always thinking about?

Not trying to be rude,just know you got some real duzzys for comebacks from,time to time.

Apostolic said:
Overnite was using Viking for their midwest routes,than viking was purchased buy American freight before they became Fedex's freight division.
Overnite was owned by the rail road,and to still keep their midwest freight accounts they needed another midwest LTL.
So insted of interlining with Motor cargo as an independent company,Overnite had the rail road make them an offer they couldn't refuse.

UPS wanted to purchase Overnite a short time after Union Pacific took over control.
UP wanted to get their 1.4 Billion back UPS said to much.
During the union strike UPS took another look but didn't want union problems.
The strike devalued Overnite so much that the Overnite management worked out a deal with Union Pacific to break away from their core rail business.
UP needed the money so they allowed Overnite to cut,and run.

Overnite with Motor cargo in tow went public with a stock offering thats when UPS came,and bought up all of their stock,for a full take over,with a 1.2 Billion cash deal.
And as we all say the rest is history.
Now I'm sure I could of missed some more details but this is how I saw it being an Overnite employee from when Mr. J.H.Chocrane owned Overnite.
Just a side bar of this story.
Our founder sold Overnite in 1986,he bought a truckload trucking company,and ran it up till Overnite went public,sold out than bought back into Overnite putting himself on the board of directors.
I saw a picture of him ,and Leo last year at the anouncment of the UPS purchase.
You know this man is one smart cookie.
I think his hobby is making money,make more money.
His grand kids will never spend the interest on the money hes made.
I for one say God bless him.

APO, I believe FedEx bought Viking then AF. I don't think AF bought Viking first. That is atleast the way I remember it. I could be wrong....

Skeeter said:
APO, I believe FedEx bought Viking then AF. I don't think AF bought Viking first. That is atleast the way I remember it. I could be wrong....

Skeeter you are correct. Fedex bought Viking in 1998 and AF in 2001.:smillie_flag:

Either way whoever was bought by who I didn't recall.
The only thing I really knew was Overnite was using Viking for their midwest trucking agent.
When they were bought by their competitor.
Overnite had to find a company to fill the void,that was left by Viking.

Motor Cargo was their choice,the rest of this story as we all know is history.

Apostolic said:
Either way whoever was bought by who I didn't recall.
The only thing I really knew was Overnite was using Viking for their midwest trucking agent.
When they were bought by their competitor.
Overnite had to find a company to fill the void,that was left by Viking.

Motor Cargo was their choice,the rest of this story as we all know is history.

You are right we did use Viking I know I was here. Also we stopped after they were bought out. I believe the first go around was Roadway.

OK Skeeter.
Why has this become such a big issue?
We were both working for Overnite with all their buy outs,and now we are UPS employees.
So why does anyone have a beef about Overnites past?
As time passes,its hard to recall some details.
But so what?
We can only call it like we can remember.

I tell people all the time, I'm aflicted with sometimers.
Sometimes I remember sometimes I don't.

I don't have a problem with that why should anyone else?

Apostolic said:
OK Skeeter.
Why has this become such a big issue?
We were both working for Overnite with all their buy outs,and now we are UPS employees.
So why does anyone have a beef about Overnites past?
As time passes,its hard to recall some details.
But so what?
We can only call it like we can remember.

I tell people all the time, I'm aflicted with sometimers.
Sometimes I remember sometimes I don't.

I don't have a problem with that why should anyone else?

It's not a problem at all. I just was putting my two cents in. I really doesn't matter to me.