ABF | I've never been one to start a rumor.......

If they do buy them who's to say they want to merge them?

Maybe one will be regional and the other long haul like FXF and National.

FM

That is what a few of my close friends and I have been saying. Who knows and besides what can any of us do but wait and listen when the powers that be decide to tell us.

It doesn't matter if this deal doesn't work out the way this rumor was started.
It was a lot of fun posting about it.
Either way I may own my little piece of ABF.
I wounder if I have to tell UPS that I own stock in ABF?

But heres one more idea on this rumor that hasn't been covered.
Maybe this is one reason J.Hoffa jr. didn't want us UPS Freight workers in the NMFA.
This whole deal could have been cooked up by UPS a long time ago,and Mike E. UPS's CEO along with the Teamsters decided that they would organize us,but we wouldn't have anything to do with the NMFA.
We will never know all of what these corporate types are thinking when they are building up their empires?

not a dream buddy
if you think for one minute that UPS gives a crap about you think again:chairshot:
war ? yeah you guys might get pissed off so where would you go conway? fed ex?
remember the abf / carolina merge !!!!!:hide:

No but they do care about their precious name. That would be very bad for business.
I'm just visiting this ABF board and not trying to stir up trouble.

I would like to think if that did happen we all would work together and become more and more secure with better benefits and wages.:smilie_132:

It doesn't matter if this deal doesn't work out the way this rumor was started.
It was a lot of fun posting about it

Apostolic; I agree, this has been fun!
This thread was clearly started as only a rumor & I don't see anything wrong with our playing out different scenarios. Especially since the CEO of ABF chose to address this rumor with his own " most likely scenairo"

I have not been in this business quite as long as you have (I'm in my 39th year driving a truck) but we both have heard a lot of rumors over the years. Many of those rumors were false but I thing you'll agree that a lot of them turned out to be true....I remember shortly after Maislin bought Gateway, the president of our local said at a union meeting that Maislin was in trouble. Man were the Maislin drivers pissed off, there was a lot of yelling & arguing. Nobody believed that they would shut down, next thing you know BOOM their gone.

I really think that this 1 is true. Maybe not on the 19th, but I think that the UPS/ABF rumor is for real.
But I have been wrong more times than I have been right.

If anyone wants in at ABF the stock is going for $39.36 per share today.
Its gone down to $37.00,so its pretty steady stock, floating around $40.00 isn't bad.
You don't want to make any stock purchase buying in high,then watching it take a nose dive.
Well there you go this is the news today from Wall street as far as I know it.
ABF on the stock market is (ABFS) in case you want to buy in for the future.

If anyone wants in at ABF the stock is going for $39.36 per share today.
Its gone down to $37.00,so its pretty steady stock, floating around $40.00 isn't bad.
You don't want to make any stock purchase buying in high,then watching it take a nose dive.
Well there you go this is the news today from Wall street as far as I know it.
ABF on the stock market is (ABFS) in case you want to buy in for the future.

hey apo too bad you didn't buy abf stock right after the abf / carolina merge
it went as low as $3 a share
ummmm let's see today it's $39
would be a nice profit:funky: :1036316054:

No but they do care about their precious name. That would be very bad for business.
I'm just visiting this ABF board and not trying to stir up trouble.

I would like to think if that did happen we all would work together and become more and more secure with better benefits and wages.:smilie_132:

not saying you are stirring anything
just a simple fact
companies do not care about us
they only care what you can do for them
sure i would like to think that together the upsf guys and girls along with the abf ers would be strong and benefit from that strength
but you guys would have to make that sentiment a reality by making the commitment
to unionize:smilie_132:

you said it all

not saying you are stirring anything
just a simple fact
companies do not care about us
they only care what you can do for them
sure i would like to think that together the upsf guys and girls along with the abf ers would be strong and benefit from that strength
but you guys would have to make that sentiment a reality by making the commitment
to unionize:smilie_132:
think about it :hysterical: :biglaugh: your right

Funny thing is the way the Teamsters are going about unionizing us it almost seems like they don't want us unioized?
They put out card for everybody.
As soon as the first terminal voted to be represented by the Teamsters all the cards were taken away for any other terminal.
Then they say we can't have any part of being in the NMFA,even though we are a LTL freight company.
and Freight is all covered under the NMFA.

They are drawing up a custom made contract,a couple days a month,since Sept.6th of 2006,with no information about whats in it,or when it will be complete.
In the mean time,the rest of the company can't become Teamsters if we all wanted it now?

You talk about commitment,it doesn't even look like your Teamster organization is completely commited to organizing us any time soon?

Brown can throw it over the fence in the bushes,or inside your porch door,and run off to their next stop.
the freight division needs fork lifts to unload most items,as well as waiting for receivers to get good and ready to sign or DR's so we can move onto the next stop.

A really big difference here,if a little package gets lost how much will it cost to replace it.
Thats the main reason we need to have our shippments signed off .
If one heavy freight shippment gets left,and is claimed missing you can be talking some big bucks.
We may be the same company but the two divisions are a world apart in their operation.

........but, I have it from a good source its a done deal. The announcement will come June 19th that UPS has purchased the largest, stand alone union carrier left in these great states.
I hope its true,any time we can strengthen a union company thats a good thing.Take that all you rate cutting none union companys.

The only official anouncement, I've heard coming, is that Supply Chain Solutions (SCS) is NO more. They are done! Don't know when all that will happen but that is what I've heard. Hmmmmmmm!

Why would they be dumping the supply chain warehouses?
I thought this was a very large part of their total logistics program?

Wow here we Old Overniter's thought we were going with a famous brand global company that would give us as much security as we could ever have in our working lives.

But this just goes to show when a very large company owns you they can do just what they want with you.
Slice,and dice,or give you the boot altogther.

Myself,and all of my co-workers have been speculating on this ABF buy-out rumor.
That UPS could take the best equipment,and properity from each company,then sell off the junk.

If this is actually the plan,whats going to happen with the workers of both companies?

Time is going to tell,two more days and we'll all see how true this rumor is.