Yellow | Jan 1 2009 Proposed National Change of Operations

Be a republican congressman and keep giving huge tax breaks for big business :nutkick:

Which means jobs for us........let me know how it works getting a job from the homeless guy working the interstate ramp.......

By the Way. I'm not a Modern Republican (a 1960's Democrat). Certainly not a Modern Democrat (a 1960s Marxist/Stalinist). End Income Taxation. Go with the Fair Tax!

Which means jobs for us........let me know how it works getting a job from the homeless guy working the interstate ramp.......

By the Way. I'm not a Modern Republican (a 1960's Democrat). Certainly not a Modern Democrat (a 1960s Marxist/Stalinist). End Income Taxation. Go with the Fair Tax!

yeah, what you said!!!!!!:1036316054: the rich man creates jobs!:1036316054::1036316054:

What nobody has mentioned is the change of operations is also about shaking out the people with the most seniority so the company won't have to pay as many vacations.
Also they will once again not post enough transfers. Denying us our right to follow the freight. Then they can hire anew at those places at a fraction of the cost.

I voted no proudly.all these changes and moves are so idiotic.is mr bill not getting enough airtime on msnbc?if were on the board of directors id ask for mr bills resignation.you nevouer hear mr robert from abf or the other ceos of big freight companies.I guess mr bills ego hasn't been saturatedenough yet.they push the panic and chaos buttons at once.id still vote no and if were out of job so is the idiotic general mr bill.but,yrcw is way far from being out of money.you and I can't afford a pay cut.our friends running the show can.

Right on!

What nobody has mentioned is the change of operations is also about shaking out the people with the most seniority so the company won't have to pay as many vacations.
Also they will once again not post enough transfers. Denying us our right to follow the freight. Then they can hire anew at those places at a fraction of the cost.

YOU NEVER GO WRONG WHEN YOU FOLLOW THE MONEY! THIS IS JUST CREATIVE ACCOUNTING!:TR10driving03:

yrcrdkm...i find it fascinating that you called it a month ago about the COO..good job and beter sources....also from an article i read YRC is planning on MERGING or closing alot more than 80 terminals to get down to 450.............THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING FOLKS.........hang on and strap yourself in..

I have been doing some serious deliberations and now hope that the concession gets voted down. With the breaking news on the COO and KCM turning into a major sleeper hub, (and loosing our laydown bids to CGB, STP, DAL,SOU,OKC,KRY,and a few others) guys with 12 plus years will be forced back onto the sleepers. But I am sure someone would argue that "Hey, at least you get to keep your jobs!"
Hate to break it to you, but no sleeper job is worthy of a legitimate union job. Hoffa Sr. would be turning over in his grave if he saw how we let these guys run in kansas city. Many of them work six days a week averaging well over 6k miles a week and make roughly 100k a year. To make that kind of money means you give up having anything that resembles a normal life. Hoffa Sr. literally invented the 40 hour week work because he understood our work was not to consume our lives. A fact lost on many sleeper drivers who are rarely home more than 24 hours every week.
So now some number cruncher who sits in the office at corporate says "Hey, we want more employees like those in KCM who never go home and don't have a regular life." So we deserve what we get because we continue to allow these guys to run like a bunch of bull-haulers.
The fault is not with YRC, but with our own who supposedly represent us. A close examination of the facts clearly shows the International is only concerned with their survival, and not for the benefit of its dues paying members.
My wage and mileage pay will go back to standards of at least five years ago if it is approved. Yet my pension contribution has more than doubled in the same time period. And these lost wages will go to the pay a pension I will never see.
So when the International sits down at the negotiation table, they are serving two different Gods.
God #1 is the pension obligation that continues growing at unsustainable rates and God #2, the dues paying member who is actually working the job today. You cannot answer to two different Gods.
This is not the way our system was set up. It is the job of the pension trustees to maintain the fudiciary demands of our defined payment pension not the international negotiating committee whose purpose is to negotiate fair and equatable wages and benefits.
Cuts needed to made years ago (CS) and they were not. In fact, they were even raised. Pure political posturing based on fiction, not reality.
And many teamsters who have always denied the reality that our pension was in grave danger, face a looming reality of getting roughly 40 cents for every dollar they were promised for their retirement.
The system is broken. We deserve what we get because we elected many of the individuals who have allowed this thing to play out as it has.
Even if it is approved, YRC won't last 6 months because they still think the economy will come back soon, which it will never do.
YRC had combined revenue of almost 9.5 Billion in "07. The new reality in our economy will not allow us to have over 6 Billion in revenue in '09 and beyond. We have lost market share for 7 consecutive quarters while ODFL and Conway have gained in those same seven and FEDEX gained in five.
Brush up your resumes yellow drivers, the end is near.

I know....I know

Some of those Pajama Wagon idiots actually LIKE to work hard. How dare they not want to sit at home like everyone else. Fools.

Most ARE standing together. We're voting Yes, to save the company, save our jobs, save the pension, save the retirees! The guys you are talking about were before deregulation; they couldn't close if they wanted to....

don't try to confuse the poor guy with facts and history lessons...he was born with more balls than brains

Hey how about this....

I have been doing some serious deliberations and now hope that the concession gets voted down. With the breaking news on the COO and KCM turning into a major sleeper hub, (and loosing our laydown bids to CGB, STP, DAL,SOU,OKC,KRY,and a few others) guys with 12 plus years will be forced back onto the sleepers. But I am sure someone would argue that "Hey, at least you get to keep your jobs!"
Hate to break it to you, but no sleeper job is worthy of a legitimate union job. Hoffa Sr. would be turning over in his grave if he saw how we let these guys run in kansas city. Many of them work six days a week averaging well over 6k miles a week and make roughly 100k a year. To make that kind of money means you give up having anything that resembles a normal life. Hoffa Sr. literally invented the 40 hour week work because he understood our work was not to consume our lives. A fact lost on many sleeper drivers who are rarely home more than 24 hours every week.
So now some number cruncher who sits in the office at corporate says "Hey, we want more employees like those in KCM who never go home and don't have a regular life." So we deserve what we get because we continue to allow these guys to run like a bunch of bull-haulers.
The fault is not with YRC, but with our own who supposedly represent us. A close examination of the facts clearly shows the International is only concerned with their survival, and not for the benefit of its dues paying members.
My wage and mileage pay will go back to standards of at least five years ago if it is approved. Yet my pension contribution has more than doubled in the same time period. And these lost wages will go to the pay a pension I will never see.
So when the International sits down at the negotiation table, they are serving two different Gods.
God #1 is the pension obligation that continues growing at unsustainable rates and God #2, the dues paying member who is actually working the job today. You cannot answer to two different Gods.
This is not the way our system was set up. It is the job of the pension trustees to maintain the fudiciary demands of our defined payment pension not the international negotiating committee whose purpose is to negotiate fair and equatable wages and benefits.
Cuts needed to made years ago (CS) and they were not. In fact, they were even raised. Pure political posturing based on fiction, not reality.
And many teamsters who have always denied the reality that our pension was in grave danger, face a looming reality of getting roughly 40 cents for every dollar they were promised for their retirement.
The system is broken. We deserve what we get because we elected many of the individuals who have allowed this thing to play out as it has.
Even if it is approved, YRC won't last 6 months because they still think the economy will come back soon, which it will never do.
YRC had combined revenue of almost 9.5 Billion in "07. The new reality in our economy will not allow us to have over 6 Billion in revenue in '09 and beyond. We have lost market share for 7 consecutive quarters while ODFL and Conway have gained in those same seven and FEDEX gained in five.
Brush up your resumes yellow drivers, the end is near.

Since you think the end is near and want us to brush up our resumes....go ahead and quit and and give someone that has a better outlook on things have a move up.....oh yeah ODFL, CONWAY are slow and not hiring either....

Sorry to have to tell you this, but those days are long gone. This ain't your Daddy's Teamsters. Believe me, no disrespect intended, but it's the truth. Totally different day and age and different rules to play by.

Your exactly right.........

Since you think the end is near and want us to brush up our resumes....go ahead and quit and and give someone that has a better outlook on things have a move up.....oh yeah ODFL, CONWAY are slow and not hiring either....

Yes I think the end is near relating to our current management structure. I was hopeful in the past, in fact very hopeful. When we had a change in '05, KCM picked up
a slew of drivers transferring in because we could no longer hire quality sleeper drivers. So, about 25 to 30 drivers went back on the sleepers because only the super high seniority drivers have the whiskers for such a change. What was suppose to be some decent Southern California Bids changed quickly, well, it lasted at best a couple of weeks. What was originally 25 bids has turned into less than 10 when we last bid in October.
Do you remember Velocity Frieght? At one point it was to save the company. Now, well, nobody talks about it and last I heard they were talking about closing the Shreveport Terminal which was suppose to be ground zero for said change.
Do you remember the debt offering Zollars offered to buy back our bonds at a significant discount but then changed his mind because the teamsters hadn't radified said concession eventhough he knew this at the time the offering was made public?
Do you remember that last contract we had?. Most Investment banks familiar with the transportation industry critisized YRC because their expenses did not match their revenue if there was a further downturn in the economy.
I am most definetly looking for other employement and will jump if a decent offer comes, but otherwise I will try to build something constructive for the other end of this inevidable bankruptcy.

i think you have a point that nobody wants to share

Okay, This is totally heresay, However I heard it from a very knowledgeable source. After we vote to pass the consessions. YRC INC will announce a National Change of Operations. That by March after the entire system is combined they are cutting 50% of all seniority boards. (From what they were before mergers.) Have a friend that sat in on a meeting out east with a corparate guy holding a meeting at a undisclosed satellite terminal. He supposedly said that by March this company will be half its workforce!

If this is true a "Yes vote to concessions" could be eliminating your job anyway! If anyone has heard this be diligent, and honest. Proof would be great! Then, report it now! Before we vote half our Brothers and Sisters out the door! i'd rather go down togather! In Teamster Unity! The speculation is USF Glenn Moore will be the sleeper operation. Re-do all lanes. Meet and turns, etc!

Oh I overheard a Operations Mgr at a newly combined terminal, two days ago telling a customer we have your freight!, However where short on drivers due to the excessive layoffs! We will try to deliver your freight in a few days! WTF? No wonder we are losing customers! I still say vote NO! Call they're bluff. Its inevitible. If i'm right on this post how are your going to feel being the bottom half voting yes to concessions, Firing yourself by March! Might as well do it now!

I ask you is saving this company worth half the hard working, dues paying Teamsters? If this is true I say its not. We need to stick togather,

One more point, Zollars trying to get the Obama adminstration to pass legislation, To make YRC INC exempt from subsidising trucking companies that have went out of buisness. Isn't this a attack on our pension plan? This came out in the KC Buisness Journel. There was a link a couple days ago already on TruckingBoards. Right before we vote on concessions! Makes me believe its one more piece of evidence they want this to go under, at the same time, I believe its just a matter of time due to the economy!

hate to say it but my father worked for jones motor for many years and went thru the same thing.you might have a point there.but i hope not for all the brothers with yrc.you never know.just have to do the best you can with what you have.it lookd like the same sh#t they went thru.sorry about that..been in truckin 33 yrs and can't stand to see layoffs.stick to your beliefs and stand by your trucking friends..must stick together to make it thru this...take care....rlm:1036316054:

Okay, This is totally heresay, However I heard it from a very knowledgeable source. After we vote to pass the consessions. YRC INC will announce a National Change of Operations. That by March after the entire system is combined they are cutting 50% of all seniority boards. (From what they were before mergers.) Have a friend that sat in on a meeting out east with a corparate guy holding a meeting at a undisclosed satellite terminal. He supposedly said that by March this company will be half its workforce!

If this is true a "Yes vote to concessions" could be eliminating your job anyway! If anyone has heard this be diligent, and honest. Proof would be great! Then, report it now! Before we vote half our Brothers and Sisters out the door! i'd rather go down togather! In Teamster Unity! The speculation is USF Glenn Moore will be the sleeper operation. Re-do all lanes. Meet and turns, etc!

Oh I overheard a Operations Mgr at a newly combined terminal, two days ago telling a customer we have your freight!, However where short on drivers due to the excessive layoffs! We will try to deliver your freight in a few days! WTF? No wonder we are losing customers! I still say vote NO! Call they're bluff. Its inevitible. If i'm right on this post how are your going to feel being the bottom half voting yes to concessions, Firing yourself by March! Might as well do it now!

I ask you is saving this company worth half the hard working, dues paying Teamsters? If this is true I say its not. We need to stick togather,

One more point, Zollars trying to get the Obama adminstration to pass legislation, To make YRC INC exempt from subsidising trucking companies that have went out of buisness. Isn't this a attack on our pension plan? This came out in the KC Buisness Journel. There was a link a couple days ago already on TruckingBoards. Right before we vote on concessions! Makes me believe its one more piece of evidence they want this to go under, at the same time, I believe its just a matter of time due to the economy!

this is the truest post on the boards to date. found out yesterday our p&d territory is being drastically reduced and city board is being cut by at least 46% come march. yes, no it doesnt matter, the future is here.