SAIA | June raise

You don't have to be certified by line haul trainer if your city diver working extra on the weekends....It should be daytime work anyway.
That's only if your transferring to line haul permanently. Although the policy might have changed?

You don't have to be certified by line haul trainer if your city diver working extra on the weekends....It should be daytime work anyway.
That's only if your transferring to line haul permanently. Although the policy might have changed?
Maybe it's just the dock to driver guys. I will check it out.

The linehaul trainer will make sure you know how to hook and unhook doubles to their satisfaction before you can run linehaul. But I do not believe you have to do a ride a long for a week anymore. And if I am not mistaken you have to have so much time under your belt before running weekend linehaul. That's how it works at my barn, but im sure it may be different in the big D .

10 plus years ago when I was city driver we would sometimes have to peddle freight on sets, mostly floor loads of hand freight....a/c filters, and such .... don't miss them days.

10 plus years ago when I was city driver we would sometimes have to peddle freight on sets, mostly floor loads of hand freight....a/c filters, and such .... don't miss them days.
Oh ... And let's not forget those hot boxes ... Driving without A/C these days seems unthinkable. But we use to do it and somehow survived it.

Hey runaway, if you dont mind me asking, does the DLS terminal let you see any overtime? Or do they cap it.
There is no cap. If there is work you can work all you want. The average guy works 45-50 ... But some of the seniors get 60 ... The earlier you start doesn't mean the earlier you get off. As a former dispatcher I understand the SAIA system by now. I don't worry about how many hours others work. Many guys do. Everybody wants to get theirs .... I don't concern myself with that. I don't care. I could work 40 and be perfectly happy. So many complain about all the seniors getting all the time. How they stroke the clock while less senior guys get much less time. I stay out of that drama. If you want the time then show the dispatcher you can get the job done quickly ... But safely. Speed means nothing if you have an accident. Know your limitations and act accordingly.

Hey runaway, if you dont mind me asking, does the DLS terminal let you see any overtime? Or do they cap it.
Just know this, if you get out there and bust your ass and put up some good numbers then you will get all the time you want. Show the dispatcher what you are made of. But again ... Do it in a safe manner. Because with this company safety always comes first. I know you always hear that saying but with this company it's built into our culture. It's truly part of who we are. Our CSA score has moved up to 4th in this industry and we take great pride in that. Our company puts us in safe equipment and they expect us to operate it safely.

So train... I have a question. At my barn, the "senior man" who got way more hours got into an accident while talking on the phone. I know this because he was talking to me. And, he never admitted to dispatch or the TM, and yet still got more hours than anyone else. Just curious on your, or anyone else's insights on this? It's part of the reason I resigned

So train... I have a question. At my barn, the "senior man" who got way more hours got into an accident while talking on the phone. I know this because he was talking to me. And, he never admitted to dispatch or the TM, and yet still got more hours than anyone else. Just curious on your, or anyone else's insights on this? It's part of the reason I resigned
I will send you a PM when I get time Buck. Those sort of things I won't discuss on the open forum.