ODFL | Kenworth?

Kenworth would be nice to see. OD has never had any as I know of.

Many years ago OD tested Petes or Kenworths when they first came out with the new body style.They tested for better fuel mileage but nothing every came of it purchase wise that I know of.They were all primed in gray.

I forgot about the Kenworth we had back in the day that we're road tractor sleeper cabs...but yes I do remember them.

The FedEx drivers don't seem as a group to be really impressed with their KW's if you look at their TB posts, I guess the attraction with the KW is that they're somewhat exotic to most LTL drivers If OD did start buying them they wouldn't be any better equipped than our F/L Cascadias or the Volvos we presently operate, IMO I'm pretty satisfied with my Freightliner..

I like the Volvos for the leg room. The Freightshakers pedal set up is too cramped for my taste. KW isn't as roomy as the Volvo but better than Freigtliner IMO.

I like the Volvos for the leg room. The Freightshakers pedal set up is too cramped for my taste. KW isn't as roomy as the Volvo but better than Freigtliner IMO.
I've heard the exact opposite from tall guys, they prefer the Cascadias. I'm not tall, and I can see how the Volvos actually fit my shorter stature better. The seats are definitely better in the Volvos, and the cab is roomier, but I'm more used to the Cascadias. The biggest drawback w/ the Volvos is the release for the 5th wheel. I have to use a hook, which I don't have, just to be able to get to it easier. Otherwise, I'm rubbing up on the underside of the trailer getting grease / dirt on my arm and head... Then there's that annoying issue with the heater coming on in the middle of summer time, even if the controls are set to AC, when you first start up the Volvo.

But... I'll say that I think we are very fortunate to have such great equipment to drive. Yet another reason why I love OD. Seeing some of the tractors from other LTL companies makes me know how fortunate we are. We work for the best. :wee: