ODFL | Kenworth?

So what's the deal w/ these new Kenworths? Are these trucks that most terminals will be seeing eventually?
Doubtful, after all these are FOUR test tractors,this has been a Freightliner fleet for quite awhile even with the purchase of Volvo's the past few years new Freightliner's have outnumbered the Volvo's something like five to one.

Hey Kenneth, saw an OD KW on the road assumed it was prob a GBO guy. Any word on what we think of them around there? A lot of us would prob like to see KW replace Volvo for supplementing the Freigtliners.

Lay'd my eye's&hand's&rear in one of them today.Sweet ride!!!! they are all manual transmission's.All 4 are in GBO now.

I took this pic at the quality inn in Indy back in January ? I talked to the driver, he claimed it didn't get the MPG's they wanted… but the truck was practically brand new at the time. He was a gbo system/extraboard driver, or bag driver as you guys call it?

vJqPgQU.jpg

U3nQpka.jpg

Hey Kenneth, saw an OD KW on the road assumed it was prob a GBO guy. Any word on what we think of them around there? A lot of us would prob like to see KW replace Volvo for supplementing the Freigtliners.
Don't think it will happen.OD&Freightliner are a match made in heaven...lol..You never know.Biggest thing is fuel mileage I think.Don't see them in the shop much.So you never know.

Last edited:
Figure because they are leased tractor's.Cant remember the #'s on the International's we leased back several year's ago.But,thinking they were short #'s to.

We have some old twins with only 6 also. They are all freightliners. Do you guys know why some are 245 and others are 275? I thought maybe it was a Detroit/Cummings thing but a little research put that to rest.