ODFL | Kenworth?

I've heard the exact opposite from tall guys, they prefer the Cascadias. I'm not tall, and I can see how the Volvos actually fit my shorter stature better. The seats are definitely better in the Volvos, and the cab is roomier, but I'm more used to the Cascadias. The biggest drawback w/ the Volvos is the release for the 5th wheel. I have to use a hook, which I don't have, just to be able to get to it easier. Otherwise, I'm rubbing up on the underside of the trailer getting grease / dirt on my arm and head... Then there's that annoying issue with the heater coming on in the middle of summer time, even if the controls are set to AC, when you first start up the Volvo.

But... I'll say that I think we are very fortunate to have such great equipment to drive. Yet another reason why I love OD. Seeing some of the tractors from other LTL companies makes me know how fortunate we are. We work for the best. :wee:
Agree..The volvo are not for big people.Also,the volvo air valve's are opposite placement than the freightliner.So I have to be really careful.Also I hate the steering wheel on volvo because of the air bag.The middle stick's up higher than outer part of steering wheel.

UOTE="kenneth, post: 889936, member: 8329"]Agree..The volvo are not for big people.Also,the volvo air valve's are opposite placement than the freightliner.So I have to be really careful.Also I hate the steering wheel on volvo because of the air bag.The middle stick's up higher than outer part of steering wheel.[/QUOTE]
Im 6'4 235 and cant stand the Volvo. They ride nice but prefer a freightliner. The Volvo steering wheel is the worst. I wonder who thought that was a good design?
I looked at a couple of FedEx kws on the road today, the wheelbase looked alot shorter than our cascadias.

Kenneth sure likes to keep answers short and sweet. I'd still like to know what the fuel mileage is he gets with his Volvo automatic. Curious if there are indeed 20 Kenworths, then to see hear what motor and transmission they have when someone eyeballs some facts for us intrigued folks. Happy new year!

:1036316054:
Kenneth sure likes to keep answers short and sweet. I'd still like to know what the fuel mileage is he gets with his Volvo automatic. Curious if there are indeed 20 Kenworths, then to see hear what motor and transmission they have when someone eyeballs some facts for us intrigued folks. Happy new year!
Too answer your ? short&sweet.....not enough,truck's hell no,lastly I can't see what we don't have...

Rumor's,Rumor's.just like a bunch of old truck driver's..They like a bunch of old nose'eeeeee women.Driver's are worse.Sitting in dispatch this week&driver's start'd calling asking if there run had been cancel'd..Dispatcher ask WHAT????? driver respond's well I got txt message from driver saying his run had been cancel'd.Dispatcher respond'd you are working&by the way the driver who told you that is off because he had put in for prior vac.:lmao:To answer there are no Kenworth's in GBO & we will never see any Kenworth's.NC is Freightliner own'd&will stay that way.Also,new auto volvo's are not has good of fuel mileage&now they have lock'd the manual side out on the auto's.So there went that option...:17::1sm057crazy:

Well my source is older, maybe his eyesight is going as to what he thought he saw. Few years ago a linehaul driver and a city guy had claimed to see 2 stacks of KW's at a dealer/factory ready to go. Obviously none of us ever saw those either. I know there are some trucks Toyota uses that are striped very close to ours, but usually International's. I'm assigned to a Volvo right now and hate it. I get out with a back ache everyday. I'd like a truck with the cab size, steering wheel, suspension and seat of the Cascadia but the windows, mirrors and buttons on the the wheel of the Volvo. Wishful thinking for something different.

Well my source is older, maybe his eyesight is going as to what he thought he saw. Few years ago a linehaul driver and a city guy had claimed to see 2 stacks of KW's at a dealer/factory ready to go. Obviously none of us ever saw those either. I know there are some trucks Toyota uses that are striped very close to ours, but usually International's. I'm assigned to a Volvo right now and hate it. I get out with a back ache everyday. I'd like a truck with the cab size, steering wheel, suspension and seat of the Cascadia but the windows, mirrors and buttons on the the wheel of the Volvo. Wishful thinking for something different.
I just don't see any Kenworth's on eastcoast.Freightliner's&Volvo's.I said before I had heard thru someone in Corp.That volvo order's will more than the norm this year.But,remember that just hear say.They did all the new filming&ad's for OD for 2015 with a 2015 Volvo.So they got something going on with them.That's just my opinion.

Also he could have seen the Magnum Trucking Kenworth's.There are usually a couple of those tractor's sitting around the yard all the time.

Today a little birdie happened to bring up the topic of Kenworths coming to Greensboro. I was asking to see if there was an ETA for new Freightliners while waiting on Blu to come back online.

I thought it was ironic they said Kenworths were coming to GBO since I'd never mentioned the topic here. The birdie even went so far as to whip out their phone and show me a picture of 3 T680 Day Cabs parked in front of the KW plant on display. They were decked out with the custom OD paint scheme with all fairings and the OD logo right on top.

I'm hoping they have enough leg room for me... It'd be awesome to have another comfortable option to ride in. Maybe I'll get the person to text me the picture and I'll post it up on here to whet appetites.

: ) 3 was what i heard spotted as well, you need to get the driver on here to keep us up to date lol Judging on what they've bought us in last decade compared to the competitors it should be better equipped then the ones FedEx drivers have some complaints on.

I have a picture of the 3 but I don't know if I should post it just in case there's some weird confidentiality thing that applies. I have no idea if someone higher up would be upset about yet to be officially announced stuff being posted.

My previous comment about the pic showing them in front of the KW plant is incorrect. After receiving the pic I recognized the place as being at a facility in Greensboro. It makes me even more excited :D

Well,heard today that one will be my test tractor...:glee:.:452: :lmao:.Haven't been by the Kenworth dealership.I bet they are another 3 test tractor's.Be like the 3 Volvo's&like the 3 International's that were loan'd to OD several year's ago.I will find out more tomorrow for all to hear..

Bring 'em on! We need all the equipment we can get! One manufacturer can't keep up with the demand.
That would be an awful idea costwise, its very expensive to stock parts for more than a few types of equipment and training for the technicians to service them. Thats why traditionally LTL fleets are usually identified with one type of truck.