XPO | Laredo won!!!!!

Used to see some of that red paint showing through on some of those old trucks back in the day.

And that was some real junk. Them too tall fords had no power and were rattle traps. Drove one, one time out of curiosity. That was a mistake.

You know, no matter how things go in Laredo or anywhere in the ConWay system, you are going to have happy people and unhappy people. I have seen ConWay take a lot from their employees in the past and I am still not happy about that. I have also seen union companies close their doors. I have seen union empolyees take wage cuts to keep their jobs. So, is either side good? Is either side bad? Do you like beer or wine? Beer drinkers don't care for wine and wine drinkers don't care for beer. Of course there are exceptions to every rule. What I am trying to say is no matter how much you all banter back and forth about union or non union it is 6 one way and half a dozen the other. We can all sit here and add up the pros and cons for either side. Republican or Democrat? You have a choice. If you are for one, are you going to be happy with the other? I got this obama pill shoved down my throat and I am not happy about it but I try to educate others about their choices. Name calling and bickering only enforces the other side. So, get your facts and make well thought through decisions. Try not to respond purely out of emotion.

I have no problem if conway negotiated the same work rules that are in place now, their standards are proven to turn a penny ( god bless jerry detter) The issue at hand is the benefits of being employed by the most demanding company in the industry... Greg called this a marriage , the board is treating us like a battered wife

And that was some real junk. Them too tall fords had no power and were rattle traps. Drove one, one time out of curiosity. That was a mistake.

You know, no matter how things go in Laredo or anywhere in the ConWay system, you are going to have happy people and unhappy people. I have seen ConWay take a lot from their employees in the past and I am still not happy about that. I have also seen union companies close their doors. I have seen union empolyees take wage cuts to keep their jobs. So, is either side good? Is either side bad? Do you like beer or wine? Beer drinkers don't care for wine and wine drinkers don't care for beer. Of course there are exceptions to every rule. What I am trying to say is no matter how much you all banter back and forth about union or non union it is 6 one way and half a dozen the other. We can all sit here and add up the pros and cons for either side. Republican or Democrat? You have a choice. If you are for one, are you going to be happy with the other? I got this obama pill shoved down my throat and I am not happy about it but I try to educate others about their choices. Name calling and bickering only enforces the other side. So, get your facts and make well thought through decisions. Try not to respond purely out of emotion.
This is one Damn good post......Excellent...BTW...I prefer Crown.

Wow, LLA is gonna be a real pleasant place to be.
It obviously wasn't pleasant before or they wouldn't have had the vote.
I hit alot of docks and there arent many happy workers at alot of places. Drivers or workers we deal with.
Prices are too high and pay's too low for what workers are expected to do.
The top is taking it all everyehere.

And people know it.
Theunions closed that gap before.
Your arguments want to keep it miserable it seems.

That was a good post.

Many years ago. Why the f would I make a copy of a letter posted on a wall anticipating union push at Con-way?

Not an individual thing, Mr. Doesn't Understand. A posted letter saying how many UNION credit cards had been used at WalMart.

No, I don't have a copy.

Believe it or not, I don't give a rat's ass.

so NOW its changed to a paper conway posted about union credit cards being used at walmart? if you dont give a rats ass, why make the comment, backpeddle afterward, THEN claim you dont care....

Thanks for stopping by.

No way dues money doesn't find it's way into campaigns, rallies, endorsements, etc...

If by some miracle, no money is filtered through, the very fact that I would be forced to be connected to an organization that so clearly supports one political entity is unfair in and of itself.

Bye bye now.

I figured you were completely ignorant of the facts. The stack of paperwork required to donate one nickle is ridiculous. Add to it our every move is scrutinized 10 times more than any corporate donation.

Now surely you do realize that our PAC does include all political parties? More ignorance perhaps?

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

I didn't "get caught" at anything.

I replied sarcastically to someone who called me a liar.

Your disbelief does not change the reality of what I saw.

Well, you are a liar and poster of half truths and complete BS. Spin some more union buster.

I hope you're just smoking crack or something.

You can't be a sober person and believe this stuff.

If, by my advantage, you mean making my workplace an unbearable maze of work rules and grievances, then you're right.

Sorry in advance for the personal attack.

I am curious as to where you derive this BS that you post? Didn't you claim to be a union member once? Was that more BS? If you did work a union barn then you would know damn good and well that the work rules are not complicated. Simple formula. Seniority, qualifications, classification. The suck azz system doesn't fly at a union barn.

I am curious as to where you derive this BS that you post? Didn't you claim to be a union member once? Was that more BS? If you did work a union barn then you would know damn good and well that the work rules are not complicated. Simple formula. Seniority, qualifications, classification. The suck azz system doesn't fly at a union barn.

We dont' want any "classification"..we like one board. That's the problem..We make good money with one board. Don't mess that up.

We dont' want any "classification"..we like one board. That's the problem..We make good money with one board. Don't mess that up.

Let me elaborate a little further. Our dock hands are not subject to the HOS rules unless they choose to drive. Drivers are subject to hours of service. Believe it or not, you have the same work opportunities. Just no protection. Open your eyes. Your opinions matter and those opinions head right in when your contract is negotiated. Make your voice heard!

Not much would change..that's what i've been saying...so, we're good like we are.

You have zero grievance machinery. What recourse do you have if you are violated? Do you prefer the suck azz system of dispatch? Give some details!

Your Wrong here we would have to pay Union Dues for UN-kept Promises and still have no more than we did before look at YRC they getting the Shaft bigger than **** what did the Union do for them hey 15 % guys or no job ! so and each yr they keep extending this ploy out when they gonna get the give back back >?? and at what cost !

Not much would change..that's what i've been saying...so, we're good like we are.

You have zero grievance machinery. What recourse do you have if you are violated? Do you prefer the suck azz system of dispatch? Give some details!

Good employees keep their jobs. There is no reason to fire somebody for doing their job. We make good money.

Your Wrong here we would have to pay Union Dues for UN-kept Promises and still have no more than we did before look at YRC they getting the Shaft bigger than **** what did the Union do for them hey 15 % guys or no job ! so and each yr they keep extending this ploy out when they gonna get the give back back >?? and at what cost !

What did the union do for them? They kept the banks at bay! No bank shut them down! They chose their fate. They voted their conscience. Could you, given your present circumstances? Those that you may have heard whine about their plight forgot one thing. They have grievance machinery that should be exercised if anything not agreed to is exercised by the company. Those are facts!

Exactly, we get as good as anybody else.

What did the union do for them? They kept the banks at bay! No bank shut them down! They chose their fate. They voted their conscience. Could you, given your present circumstances? Those that you may have heard whine about their plight forgot one thing. They have grievance machinery that should be exercised if anything not agreed to is exercised by the company. Those are facts!

We woudn't want to be in that position to keep the place alive. We're good.