Yellow | Latest Online Threats From Welch!

- I do agree with you that we could "cut costs" and "raise revenue" - problem with those options is...

cutting costs usually means laying folk off... freezing salaries, cutting benefits, there are lots of "cost cutting measures" Stop buying pens - how much you think that would save? Which ones do you think the company should cut? Now remember, you have to cut a LOT of money out - so that means - you have to go after the biggest expenses... i.e. we could fire all of management and not get the "cost cutting savings" of keeping the current contract (with adjustments) in place for the 20000+ teamsters... That brings up a good question - what is the totally management salaries? Think it's 100 MILLION per year??? I'm thinking not - but I have not researched that one.... AH - new info to dig up....

Raise revenue - that was your other suggestion - OK - I'm in.. how do we do it? Raise the rates to ship stuff... OH YEAH - the rest of the market place keeps us from doing that, Because EVERYONE is looking for the bargain... When you buy something - do you buy the most expensive one you can find? I'm gonna say - no... you look for the bargain.. well so does everyone shipping in the US. So how else do we raise revenue? We become BETTER carriers then the competition.... to do that - we all have to be in the right frame of mind - POSITIVE - and then we have to take pride in our work..... we can do that - we are doing that - but it is going to take a LONG time to win accounts just by being 'better'... First the company has to get fed-up with there lower quality carrier....

- JUST MY OPINION...
Thanks for the confidence that I could be management.... but trust me - if there is someone you don't want 'managing' anything it's me.... :)

**Yes - I know you are calling me many bad things with your comment - but I am secure in my thoughts and who I am. I'm just a regular Joe who thinks she has what she has earned and saved to have.... There are people who have more than I... there are people who have less than I.... we walked different roads.

There's someone who gets it. :smiliewhs:

Or we can just renegotiate a better deal.The members arent asking for a fat money cow.This current proposal goes for a too long of a time.Its not actually an extension.Because of the length of time(5yrs)basically classifies it as a new contract per se.With that being said it shouldnt be a take it or leave it expoused by the company.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

In my heart... I don't think there is a 'better' deal to be had right now.... Like when you go to buy a house... sometimes you have to get documents from your boss saying that 'in all likelihood you will be employed for the foreseeable future'... Well - in this case - the people holding the purse strings want to know that the employees are 'in it for the long haul' .... can't blame them, can you? If I was loaning 1.2 BILLION $$ I would want some assurances... DANG - I lend someone $400 dollars and I charge them interest and make them sign a statement....

Best to you....

I don't care how much cost cutting the company does .When you go from 66,000 people working in multi billion dollar ops.and cut to 22,000people in million dollar ops.The numbers will never catch up.

WOW!, Papa John, you are right on both counts, yet wrong on both counts. Shared Sacrifice?, I do not see it on the upper level. as you will never see it at any company, expecially the ones about to go under. I have said before, I do not have a dog is this fight, But I do. I am retired ( for 18 years now ) and I see the cuts coming within the next year. Would I vote for this mess? I been at the voteing booth three times with three different companies. Duff truck, I voted YES, they vent under, OK trucking, I voted no, they went under, Wintz freightways, I voted no, they went under. So I see both sides of this. By the way Duff was they best job I ever had. I think the pension is all but done, and it was planned. My personal thoughts on this, is if YRCW goes under, then ABF, will soon follow, It was the plan all along. I cannot prove this, But I started in freight in 1965, I have watched this all along. I do not care how anybody votes, just vote. Name calling, I do not like it. not even from some of you who have 5 to 10 thousand post on here, who seem to know all of the answers. I read here everyday and feel that I know some of you. I know one thing, we all will know the fate of the company, in just six days. I do not see how I will be afected by the outcome, so there will be life after YRCW for all of us. MY pension wil be cut either way, even if YRCW stays afloat and pays full payment into it. There is just not much left. I started getting ready for the cuts, when I first heard of the underfunding several years ago. There will be life after the cuts, I wish you all well and a HAPPY NEW YEAR !! PS, I am not a company man, I retired after 31 years. I JUST REALLY WISH YOU ALL THE BEST, LORD KNOWS I HAVE BEEN THERE AND DONE THAT. iT IS THE HARDEST THING TO DO ,TO VOTE ON CLOSING YOUR COMPANY DOWN.

I LOVE IT... Best to you!

I don't care how much cost cutting the company does .When you go from 66,000 people working in multi billion dollar ops.and cut to 22,000people in million dollar ops.The numbers will never catch up.

SAD.. but probably true....:Violin: Unless you can start making money again....

If there is something to be DONE - there is always a way... it's when there is no step to take that we are sunk...

OK - agreed - So... in my mind that means we all look for another job.. right? This one is done - over - throw it out and move on....

OR - work to change it. - Again - fixing a mismanaged company takes time.. LOTS of time.... so - you breath deep and give them the time to try to fix it or run for the hills.... Whatever you decide, make sure it will make you happy when you get up in the morning... that's what really counts.

:)

Every morning that I DO wake up is a happy morning. I'm in no hurry to use Jimmy G's product! :smile:

I

What I do know is that finance is not as simple as we would like it to be. It's ugly and when something goes wrong, it takes a really long time to fix it....
finance is so simple a 3rd grader can do it.it's only complicated when you start "creative" bookkeeping

finance is so simple a 3rd grader can do it.it's only complicated when you start "creative" bookkeeping

If finance was so simple a third grader could do it... every house-hold in America would be in better shape than they are now. The MATH - yes... a third-grader can add the numbers.... but actually making a financial/business plan and having the sense to make the correct choices and FOLLOW THRU... NOPE - there are VERY few people that can do that....

In this recession... how many people do you know that have lost something? Car, house, etc? How many people do you know that made it thru without fear of 'not making the payments'? Do you ever wonder WHY? Why did "x" not lose anything? Spouse that is in management? Luck? Maybe just good financial skills....??

Don't get me wrong for a second... am I mad? YES... Do I think that this situation SUCKS? YES... Do I wish the paycheck came home without 15% taken out? YES!!.... Do I think logically - 'this is where I am today?' YES.... So, I adjust, make the best of the day... and move on.

Skimmed an article the other day - said "millionaires" are all over the US. Most LIVE BELOW THEIR MEANS.... think about that for a while...... look around you - who do you know that Lives WITHIN their means? Let alone BELOW? Food for thought....

It takes a good plan, good hard-working people and a lot of really hard work to get out of a hole the size of the one that was dug here! Just saying....

:bouncy:

Thankfully, this tread is now moot, since, the vote count has started.

This thread has been like.....uh...arguing with a woman! You will never win:duh::regretful:

Thankfully, this tread is now moot, since, the vote count has started.

This thread has been like.....uh...arguing with a woman! You will never win:duh::regretful:

You need to learn how to gracefully, (with a certain machismo) acquiesce!!

Then realize EXACTLY the perspective of those with which you argue.

You need to learn how to gracefully, (with a certain machismo) acquiesce!!

Then realize EXACTLY the perspective of those with which you argue.

NO Fair Elwood... you made me go get a dictionary!! :redface: .. LOL - My vocabulary SUCKS.... your challenging me with words.

Acquiesce - to accept, comply, or submit without open opposition...

:grouphug:

When you feel things arent on the up and up or not very truthful.That gut feeling that we all feel.Is the reason why most of us are at odds about this and the other concessionary programs.We want to really trust our union first and foremost.But we all have seen a little bit of whats been going on the past few years.Im really surprised we have lasted this long.We all know we have been let down.Albeit we all have a job.I think most of our arguements about this latest proposal.As crappy as it might be.Is that we have seen whats been going on in this past(year2013).Corporate executive behavior(which his overtures to ABF)is documented and filed to the SEC by ABF.Then the last change of operations debacle.We see some of the comments by newbies.Of which are part of management behind a keyboard.Not all but some.So it stands to reason we seem to be at odds over this.My honest opinion.This proposal shouldnt have even made it to a vote.Many threats to the employees from top management about closing the doors if this doesnt pass.(coercion=illegal).then it was retracted to "we will find another way to work with our lenders".Not my lenders and drfinitely not my debt.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Call me naïve.. but do you really think there are management people behind the keyboards?

Call me naïve.. but do you really think there are management people behind the keyboards?

Do bears Crap in the woods... YES MANAGEMENT IS ALL OVER THE KEYBOARDS PROMOTING A YES VOTE... DON'T TAKE A GENIUS TO SEE READ BETWEEN THE LINES!!!

Do bears Crap in the woods... YES MANAGEMENT IS ALL OVER THE KEYBOARDS PROMOTING A YES VOTE... DON'T TAKE A GENIUS TO SEE READ BETWEEN THE LINES!!!

No, it just takes someone with an overactive imagination (or who had too much coffee). :smile: