Yellow | Latest Online Threats From Welch!

If they found one sucker to buy those shares, they'll find another sucker!....Hurry up and figure out if they are locking the doors, I have been working way too hard and could use a couple months off! (don't tell my wife that I said that)

LOL - "Don't tell my wife"?? That you want a couple months off?? - LOL - I am "a wife"..... Wonder if hubby feels the same???:Rulz:

From what I've been told by my pension fund, their rehabilitation plan they had to file with the government didn't even include ANY FUTURE CONTIBUTIONS FROM YRC. Their rehab plan assumed YRC would be out of business already. Any money the funds get from YRC is a bonus.....

A bonus the fund NEEDS.... I'm just not sure about "pension funds" - I don't like the "idea" of how they are "supposed to work".....

Ask your management? If they can't pay their bills with all the members have given up then there is a problem!!! ITS UPPER MANAGEMENT!!!

My God the Employees have already given up 3.4 Billion Dollars, and they haven't even started to pay on the DEBT... i think you should be asking the management!!!

I have a question... please don't start yelling at me.. I'll cry....
Am I the only one that understands that the 3.4 Billion Dollars that YRCW "got from the employees" doesn't actually exist...?? It was a "savings" of liabilities.. meaning they didn't "owe" it... against what they might 'earn'...
When they asked for concessions they were in effect saying "we won't make enough to pay you" - They weren't saying "if you take a concession we will be able to PAY OFF our debt" They weren't saying "we will be able to SAVE (put money in the bank) the money"

The reason the debt is getting LARGER instead of SMALLER is simple - they are not making FULL interest payments... they are making PARTIAL interest payments... the other part of the interest that they can't pay is going to INCREASE the DEBT.... And if you do the math... interest is added to principal, so if you aren't making full interest payments, you are increasing what you own...

Principal + interest - Less that interest owed payment = owing more than you did the month before.....

So - Yes, the employees gave up 3.4 billion (They actually GAVE IT UP)... but the company didn't earn the 3.4 billion that the employees gave up... so essentially - We all lost - the company & the employees.

YRC - OWES in salaries, benefits, debt, operating expenses, etc. MORE than they make.... They borrow money to pay the salaries they do pay... so each time they write a check to an employee, be it management or driver, they are getting further in debt.

This move - if it passes - will HOPEFULLY align earnings with expenses and give the companies HOPE.. OR if it doesn't it's going to KILL the company and put everyone standing together in the unemployment line. (IF it doesn't pass and the companies keep the doors open - I will be the first to say "I'm wrong" - but they aren't words I say often in my life) <--- FACT - ask anyone who knows me.

FYI - I HATE the word HOPE - it means there truly isn't a damn thing you can do except sit around and "see what happens"... so when I say HOPE - it basically means I don't think the company stands a chance if this turns out "NO".. and I'm not so sure there is a chance if it turns out "YES".... LOL - I do, however, believe I have a few more months of heat and food with a YES than I do with a NO.... When I say "I" - I mean my family..... I don't work for the company - used to... but they had to let me go because I was on the wrong side of the fence and married to a driver.... Such is life.

AH - to relate to our own lives.... You make $50 you owe $60... so you cut one of your bills by $10... - Did you "save" money? - NO.. you made income meet expenses..... :duh:

OK - I think I wrote enough that no one will read it.. cause I really, really, really, don't want anyone yelling at me... I really will cry! :crybaby:

You are entitled to your pension... It was paid in on your behalf... Didn't mean to say you did not deserve it... everybody deserves what has been paid in... It was wrong to penalize all years worked, when this has only been in effect since 2009... What I am saying is that they are only paying 25% now, and really you are not getting credit... We need what companies that are left to pay in for their members, if the members expect to draw what they have earned...

The pension funds may not survive, but one thing is for sure they don't have any chance if employers refuse to pay in!!! All the while managements and the IBT keeps their pension contributions flowing in their guaranteed pension plan!!!

I know I heard somewhere that the 401k contributions for management were stopped... Did I dream that? (serious, I have so many company's in my brain right now.... I could have crossed them up)

What I'm about to say is only to illustrate the differences in funds. And the problems that creates.
Local 710 now has 2 funds basically. My time will be based on my 20+ years in the old pension. (80% of a 25 year pension at age 62) And a reduced rate pension in the new fund caused by YRCW reduced contribution rate.

You allege duplicity if someone votes yes. To you it's fear or cowardice. To me it's pragmatic personal decision. BTW I voted no this time due to the provision that would limit raises in the final 3 years to CDL holding drivers and combo dock.

In spite of your insistence that I'm telling people how to vote, I am not. I am encouraging them to evaluate their situation and reach an informed decision. What ever that may be.

You know, that little bit about the raise for some and not others was a sticky point for me too.... If nothing else they should have split it... given everyone less of a raise.. but I think they were thinking they could get the drivers to vote up and the NON-CDL to get a CDL... not a bad plan if it worked.... IMHO

Am I the only one that understands that the 3.4 Billion Dollars that YRCW "got from the employees" doesn't actually exist...?? It was a "savings" of liabilities.. meaning they didn't "owe" it... against what they might 'earn'...
When they asked for concessions they were in effect saying "we won't make enough to pay you" - They weren't saying "if you take a concession we will be able to PAY OFF our debt" They weren't saying "we will be able to SAVE (put money in the bank) the money"

The reason the debt is getting LARGER instead of SMALLER is simple - they are not making FULL interest payments... they are making PARTIAL interest payments... the other part of the interest that they can't pay is going to INCREASE the DEBT.... And if you do the math... interest is added to principal, so if you aren't making full interest payments, you are increasing what you own...

Principal + interest - Less that interest owed payment = owing more than you did the month before.....

So - Yes, the employees gave up 3.4 billion (They actually GAVE IT UP)... but the company didn't earn the 3.4 billion that the employees gave up... so essentially - We all lost - the company & the employees.

YRC - OWES in salaries, benefits, debt, operating expenses, etc. MORE than they make.... They borrow money to pay the salaries they do pay... so each time they write a check to an employee, be it management or driver, they are getting further in debt.

This move - if it passes - will HOPEFULLY align earnings with expenses and give the companies HOPE.. OR if it doesn't it's going to KILL the company and put everyone standing together in the unemployment line. (IF it doesn't pass and the companies keep the doors open - I will be the first to say "I'm wrong" - but they aren't words I say often in my life) <--- FACT - ask anyone who knows me.

FYI - I HATE the word HOPE - it means there truly isn't a damn thing you can do except sit around and "see what happens"... so when I say HOPE - it basically means I don't think the company stands a chance if this turns out "NO".. and I'm not so sure there is a chance if it turns out "YES".... LOL - I do, however, believe I have a few more months of heat and food with a YES than I do with a NO.... When I say "I" - I mean my family..... I don't work for the company - used to... but they had to let me go because I was on the wrong side of the fence and married to a driver.... Such is life.

AH - to relate to our own lives.... You make $50 you owe $60... so you cut one of your bills by $10... - Did you "save" money? - NO.. you made income meet expenses..... :duh:

OK - I think I wrote enough that no one will read it.. cause I really, really, really, don't want anyone yelling at me... I really will cry! :crybaby:

Tell me again, why, you think, the employees of this company should have to pay for reckless management?

If you know it all, Tell me where it went??? You could answer my question, there is no answer to yours... SO DON'T EVEN TRY YOUR BS!!!

YOU ARE SUCH A PHONY AND YOU TRY TURNING IT... NICE TRY, BUT DIDN'T HAPPEN...

WHY DON'T YOU TRY HOLDING YRCW MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTABLE FOR MISHANDLING THE FINANCES...

PROVE IT THAT YRCW WILL CLOSE IF THEIR IS A NO VOTE... YOU CAN'T YOU ARE JUST TRYING TO JUSTIFY YOUR FEARS, BY SPREADING MORE BS...

I read an article - spend a lot of time doing research in my line of work - said that the CEO screwed up and scared investors by saying "bankruptcy" .... So - he can't tell you the truth or he loses investors (like it or not he needs them).... And if he doesn't tell teamsters what they NEED to hear - he loses the support of the workforce (like it or not he needs them both equally)... so - there is nothing in writing... no where to go to get the info you NEED to see....

What I do know is that finance is not as simple as we would like it to be. It's ugly and when something goes wrong, it takes a really long time to fix it....
Gotta pay off the Credit cards before you buy a new car... Or at least you should! :)

Tell me again, why, you think, the employees of this company should have to pay for reckless management?

I don't think the employees should have to pay for reckless management... HOWEVER.. I don't think the company will be around to be reckless and keep paying anything if we don't all stop pointing fingers and yelling at one another.... Just saying...

You know - I don't think my children should have to pay for Obama's economic policies either... but I don't have much choice in that... and sadly - neither do they.....

What happens when a country files bankruptcy? - I am thinking I might just find out in my lifetime.....

Please don't cry. It's so darn cold out that your tears will freeze before they hit the ground. :biglaugh:

AH - my secret... it's not cold here... I'm not in the "arctic front" or whatever it's called... so look at the map and I'm outside of that line. :) in the warm(er)
area.... - point taken though....:flame:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think the employees should have to pay for reckless management... HOWEVER.. I don't think the company will be around to be reckless and keep paying anything if we don't all stop pointing fingers and yelling at one another.... Just saying...

You know - I don't think my children should have to pay for Obama's economic policies either... but I don't have much choice in that... and sadly - neither do they.....

What happens when a country files bankruptcy? - I am thinking I might just find out in my lifetime.....

In the case of YRC we do!

Well said!!

In the case of YRC we do!

AGREED - We do have a choice... we can work together and clean up the mess... that means - Making expenses LESS than Income - i.e. a better business plan. - The financial woes of the company are not going to fix themselves. Until the spending is less and the making is more we will continue to go in the hole.

So - if not by cutting the benefits and expense of labor... then HOW do we make the income MORE and the expenses LESS? (that is the real question here... isn't it?)

mathematically - Voting NO does just the opposite. It makes expenses MORE and leaves income up-to the 'gods' - which in all fairness... it really is 'up to the gods'..... The ONLY thing that the company (or anyone in financial trouble) can do is control SPENDING.... Like it or not - labor is the greatest expense a company has, from my limited understanding of the subject.

OK - That's it... real life calls me and I must leave for the night....

Best to all - thanks for the intellectual... I LOVE to think....:Emoticon_digging:

Their debt has been increasing due to the fact that this pos couldnt make a dime if you spotted them 2 nickels. This pig is a money pit. That is why the debt is increasing

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

Most other ltl drivers don't make as much or have union protection,
I think the company left some things of the list . No other ltl carriers have the slowest most gutless and junkiest equipment on the road . No other ltl carriers are having to live with the fact that the may not have a job tomorrow, or next week, or next month . Most other leading carriers that you work for don't miss manage their company so badly . This company is in trouble not because of its employee's ,but because of its miss management . The more you take from its employee's , the more you drive down morale the bigger the hole you dig for yourself . :452:

AGREED - We do have a choice... we can work together and clean up the mess... that means - Making expenses LESS than Income - i.e. a better business plan. - The financial woes of the company are not going to fix themselves. Until the spending is less and the making is more we will continue to go in the hole. We didn't make the mess, therefore, it is not our responsibility to clean it up!

So - if not by cutting the benefits and expense of labor... then HOW do we make the income MORE and the expenses LESS? (that is the real question here... isn't it?)

mathematically - Voting NO does just the opposite. It makes expenses MORE and leaves income up-to the 'gods' - which in all fairness... it really is 'up to the gods'..... The ONLY thing that the company (or anyone in financial trouble) can do is control SPENDING...The only thing huh? How about increase revenue?, or, prevent waste? Like it or not - labor is the greatest expense a company has, from my limited understanding of the subject.

OK - That's it... real life calls me and I must leave for the night....

Best to all - thanks for the intellectual... I LOVE to think....:Emoticon_digging:

The only thing I can think of to ask you, is, are you going to attach these posts to your resume when you re apply to YRC Management?
Please put down the Kool Aid it will make you, and, those around you....:9529:

Or we can just renegotiate a better deal.The members arent asking for a fat money cow.This current proposal goes for a too long of a time.Its not actually an extension.Because of the length of time(5yrs)basically classifies it as a new contract per se.With that being said it shouldnt be a take it or leave it expoused by the company.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

It is simple to spend more than you make. The answer isn't to just make more. If you buy watermelons for a dime and sell them for a nickel you don't try to sell more watermelons!

In the infamous words of MOMONEY; "we don't treated like Rockett Science"

The only thing I can think of to ask you, is, are you going to attach these posts to your resume when you re apply to YRC Management?
Please put down the Kool Aid it will make you, and, those around you....:9529:

wrote out a whole reply BEFORE I caught your snipe about 're-applying' - I hold a high school diploma that I barely got... No one would have me in 'management' LOL I'm too rigid... no grey areas in my brain.... bad combo for management :)

- I do agree with you that we could "cut costs" and "raise revenue" - problem with those options is...

cutting costs usually means laying folk off... freezing salaries, cutting benefits, there are lots of "cost cutting measures" Stop buying pens - how much you think that would save? Which ones do you think the company should cut? Now remember, you have to cut a LOT of money out - so that means - you have to go after the biggest expenses... i.e. we could fire all of management and not get the "cost cutting savings" of keeping the current contract (with adjustments) in place for the 20000+ teamsters... That brings up a good question - what is the totally management salaries? Think it's 100 MILLION per year??? I'm thinking not - but I have not researched that one.... AH - new info to dig up....

Raise revenue - that was your other suggestion - OK - I'm in.. how do we do it? Raise the rates to ship stuff... OH YEAH - the rest of the market place keeps us from doing that, Because EVERYONE is looking for the bargain... When you buy something - do you buy the most expensive one you can find? I'm gonna say - no... you look for the bargain.. well so does everyone shipping in the US. So how else do we raise revenue? We become BETTER carriers then the competition.... to do that - we all have to be in the right frame of mind - POSITIVE - and then we have to take pride in our work..... we can do that - we are doing that - but it is going to take a LONG time to win accounts just by being 'better'... First the company has to get fed-up with there lower quality carrier....

- JUST MY OPINION...
Thanks for the confidence that I could be management.... but trust me - if there is someone you don't want 'managing' anything it's me.... :)

**Yes - I know you are calling me many bad things with your comment - but I am secure in my thoughts and who I am. I'm just a regular Joe who thinks she has what she has earned and saved to have.... There are people who have more than I... there are people who have less than I.... we walked different roads.

Their debt has been increasing due to the fact that this pos couldnt make a dime if you spotted them 2 nickels. This pig is a money pit. That is why the debt is increasing

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

OK - agreed - So... in my mind that means we all look for another job.. right? This one is done - over - throw it out and move on....

OR - work to change it. - Again - fixing a mismanaged company takes time.. LOTS of time.... so - you breath deep and give them the time to try to fix it or run for the hills.... Whatever you decide, make sure it will make you happy when you get up in the morning... that's what really counts.

:)