Yellow | Lay-offs

Indianapolis laid off i beileve 8 more drivers the week of jan. 10, I know this post is late but since i had surgey recently i havent been able to post much!

Edge,
Sorry to hear about the layoff but at least now you can work city/dock. It's been awhile since you've posted. Good to see you back.

Edge,
Sorry to hear about the layoff but at least now you can work city/dock. It's been awhile since you've posted. Good to see you back.

Concerns about city and dock. I heard that alot of guys signed up for working city and dock and they only got to work 1 day (just enough to mess up your unemployment) What is a guy supposed to do. How many days do you have to work to keep your H&W going? (is it 2 days/week)

Edge,
It's 2 trips a week. But, if work was slow (before you were laid off) and you waited for a call all week they have to pay it too.

The bad thing is that just like you asked, you never know how much work you'll get on layoff.

Cincinnati layed off 7 (road drivers) the week of 1/19.
I was one of them.
That is around 30 guys layed off so far.

INDY ALSO HAS ABOUT 30 GUYS LAID OFF AT THIS POINT....BUT TO MY UNDERSTANDING THERE IS ABOUT 10 MORE GUYS THAT HAVENT WORKED SINCE JAN 1, THEY ARE EXPECTING TO BE LAID OFF SOON....BUT MNGT WONT BUDGE!:chairshot:

INDY ALSO HAS ABOUT 30 GUYS LAID OFF AT THIS POINT....BUT TO MY UNDERSTANDING THERE IS ABOUT 10 MORE GUYS THAT HAVENT WORKED SINCE JAN 1, THEY ARE EXPECTING TO BE LAID OFF SOON....BUT MNGT WONT BUDGE!:chairshot:

Looks like I better find a job. I am the top guy on layoff. Doesn't look like a quick re-call.

kcfannindy.I had a rotor tear 3 bone spurs from a freight shaker.took roadway dr. 12 weeks to find them.had the op done was back at work in 6 weeks.My therapist said she never had anyone heal the way I did.

kcfannindy.I had a rotor tear 3 bone spurs from a freight shaker.took roadway dr. 12 weeks to find them.had the op done was back at work in 6 weeks.My therapist said she never had anyone heal the way I did.

hell i am not coming back that damn quick....going to enjoy a little R & R ..and hopefully recooperate and build my strength for those lovely trucks we drive!!!:hysterical:

Laid off at KC (342), Dock/City 18, all getting 5 punches if they want, NO road L. Off.

This is true. I'm damn near the bottom guy and last week was the only week I didn't get calls everyday. And even then I can just pick up the days on the weekend. No problem so far with getting 40+hrs. On top of that dock overtime has been posted most of the week and there is always p/d overtime if you want it. No complaints here about being layed off. I think I actually prefer it.

Wouldn't be bad if you can actually plan around it. One week your 20 on the list and you wait two days, next week your 20 and ready to go out for a beer and they call.

layoffs

i think it goes with the territory. hundreds of coal miners get it every winter around the same time we do. i used to be one of them!!! down south eastern KY.most offten last hired first layed off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! still stinks huh

it's winter time...if you're on the bottom and getting laid off, get used to it...it's the same all over because it is a seasonal job, if you don't like it, go work somewhere else, sorry if i sounded too harsh, but it's true

maybe somebody should tell the fella over in the help for a rookies forum that before he comes to work over here

At Roadway KC (342) they do not have 10%ers, and the work week is monday / friday. Casual workers get work first (Dock Only) Sat. & Sun. They use laid off like 10%, if your laid off and you don't get your 5 punches during work week you have the right to come in on Sat. & or Sun. to get at least 2 more punches. If a BID is off, they call Laid off first to fill the BID'S run. Laid off KC not a bad gig, your generaly on lay off status first 2 yrs. Mustache Retired Roadway