ABF | layoffs and lost work

layoffs

I'm all for the company changing the way it does business in order to become more competitive with the non-unions but at what cost. Did the Teamsters agree to new rules and to laying off of all these workers. This isn't what I voted for. Sure change some work rules but don't get rid of all the people that have made your company successful also. We need to stand up and stop this. I always felt that the relationship between ABF and the union was much more favorable than the Yellow, Roadway, union relationship. This is quickly changing. The family at ABF is splitting up. I want a divorce.

Laid off 6 on Friday at 055, I believe that brings the total to 8... I'm not positive about the total there. All city, no road board there.

I'm all for the company changing the way it does business in order to become more competitive with the non-unions but at what cost. Did the Teamsters agree to new rules and to laying off of all these workers. This isn't what I voted for. Sure change some work rules but don't get rid of all the people that have made your company successful also. We need to stand up and stop this. I always felt that the relationship between ABF and the union was much more favorable than the Yellow, Roadway, union relationship. This is quickly changing. The family at ABF is splitting up. I want a divorce.

The family at ABF is splitting up. I want a divorce.

what family we all were on workrelease.:biglaugh::hysterical::smilie_132::nutkick:

We had 15 layed off on the 31 of Oct. 2 more on the 7th of Nov. Then 6 more on the 12 of Nov. Total 23 road drivers @ 120 Albuquerque, N.M.

layoffs

How about 042. I look at the ABF web site and it indicates that they are hiring dock workers. Does anyone have numbers for 042. Thanks

Forget about 042 hiring dock workers....layed off road drivers bumped onto 'em. Hiring freeze in affect throughout the system.

no one 'turned the freight off'

Someone decided to play games during the political season and denied there was an oncoming problem///now, though, even the 'richies' don't know where to turn...we are'nt doomed, but we can't sit on our hands...the money needs to be placed into the hands of the people who will spend some and save some, not the ones who will just be stingy with it.:duh::Poke:

Lets see...We don't want to be in negotiations...

We here at ABF don't want to sit with Yellow, Roadway, and Holland during the negotiations...we'll just 'me too' and (abide by the 'new' contract) well, 'we' have a new contract and look where this solidarity??? (has got everybody)!!! quit crying and stand up for yourselves. DAMNIT!! YOU have a contract that you guys let someone else decide for you...so what now? You can either ride it or change your 'ride along policy', next contract...if there is another contract...be glad we have union friendly congress and administration after January 20, 2009!!!

.be glad we have union friendly congress and administration after January 20, 2009!!!

I used to deliver to Pelosi's restaurant, hotel, and vineyard and they fought the union and succeeded in keeping the employees from being unionized.

Carter signed trucking deregulation, Clinton signed NAFTA, and Obama will raise our taxes.....
And Hoffa keeps shoveling money at them....
Placing your trust in them, is a misplaced trust.