SAIA | Layoffs

I would suspect you would see purchased transportation at most if not all of the hub terminals. We have one run that goes to BOI that goes on P.T. so we don't have a empty backhaul lane.

It may as much to do with not having enough teams available at times.

I would suspect you would see purchased transportation at most if not all of the hub terminals. We have one run that goes to BOI that goes on P.T. so we don't have a empty backhaul lane.

It may as much to do with not having enough teams available at times.

that was the reason i was given when i asked why we are using foreign carriers.

Dispatch cringes at the prospect of a 500 mile night& we give up good loads to the likes of Benifit.Dosen't say much for them in my book.

they are contract outfit that hauls out of the connection territory they have a bunch of russians or towelheads or i dont know what they are but i know they are weird:TR10driving03::USA:

Yeah,they want us to be friggin dock hands while these guys pull our freight.Told ya they were turning us into Vitran

Layoffs should be in management. I was told on 12/04/07 to go back to walmart and pickup the 5 skids of videos that I just delivered. Also told to go back to BestBuy and Circuit City and do the same. After several questions from me wondering why we were to do this, dispatch told me they had to be delivered tomorrow------12/05/07!!!!!!!!Imagine the chaos trying to retrieve these skids from the consignee. Bottom line. Upper management needs to BE AVAILABLE TO THE INDUSTRY...:chairshot: Can't ever get enough freight delivered and keep them happy so they make us PICK UP what we have already done.:chairshot:. How freakin STUPID..:chairshot:

Management CAUSES 90% of the problems that they complain about. Get rid of the problem causers and watch the profits blow the roof off the entire organization.

Layoffs should be in management. I was told on 12/04/07 to go back to walmart and pickup the 5 skids of videos that I just delivered. Also told to go back to BestBuy and Circuit City and do the same. After several questions from me wondering why we were to do this, dispatch told me they had to be delivered tomorrow------12/05/07!!!!!!!!Imagine the chaos trying to retrieve these skids from the consignee. Bottom line. Upper management needs to BE AVAILABLE TO THE INDUSTRY...:chairshot: Can't ever get enough freight delivered and keep them happy so they make us PICK UP what we have already done.:chairshot:. How freakin STUPID..:chairshot:

The videos should have never been sent out until their due date. Dimwits in ops should already be familiar with the delivery windows. Early is just as bad as being late because of the release date of the product in question.