XPO | Layoffs

Dang I thought Jacobs sold those companies. Oh that's right he did sell them which goes back to what I said he has never ran a profitable company he bundled and sold. HE didn't run the company he sold the company

It's true that Jacobs makes his money selling. It's also true that he made those companies worth buying for considerably more than he paid for them.

Like I tell a couple of guys i work with about every other week, when they are coming up with every negative scenario you can possibly dream up, you guys better get out while you can, you have 24 years in, you could grab a spot on the bottom of board at ODFL before it fills up, they haven't left yet

There will plenty that jump come spring. Mostly the younger guys with kids and families. They can't afford to gamble.

........when XPO contracts are up in March that they have with other carriers,...

and then they will turn the freight loose after March for sure.
I've noticed that you mention "in March", the XPO contract(s) will be due up for renewal. And I understand what you mean by other carriers having those contracts up until then. But my question is.....are the majority of the XPO contracts ALL due up in March, or is that just wishful thinking? That would seem crazy for any company to have their contracts all expire during the same month. I like the optimism......but I'm just not too sure any company would do such a thing.

I might eat my words 6 months from now, but that is what I know and I believe is coming, but I'm just a driver
Being patient and optimistic is a good thing, but I wouldn't be banking on a massive influx of freight unless for some reason the majority of XPO's contracts are expiring near the beginning of March.
But what do I know? {not much}

I've noticed that you mention "in March", the XPO contract(s) will be due up for renewal. And I understand what you mean by other carriers having those contracts up until then. But my question is.....are the majority of the XPO contracts ALL due up in March, or is that just wishful thinking? That would seem crazy for any company to have their contracts all expire during the same month. I like the optimism......but I'm just not too sure any company would do such a thing.

Being patient and optimistic is a good thing, but I wouldn't be banking on a massive influx of freight unless for some reason the majority of XPO's contracts are expiring near the beginning of March.
But what do I know? {not much}
A lot of big contracts are up in March, can I tell you the exact number and how big each contract is, no. I already told you one they lost, I know a little more than you might think, the questions and answers I posted, some of them were mine asked on a phone call with Mr. Jacobs and the Chief Financial Officer. I have owned XPO Stock since it was $7.00 a share and went up to $50.00. Before most guys I would guess ever heard of them, so call me names if you want, I know nothing etc if that makes you feel good, I haven't called anybody names

I know a little more than you might think, the questions and answers I posted, some of them were mine asked on a phone call with Mr. Jacobs and the Chief Financial Officer.
Holy ::shit:: dude........get ahold of yourself. I asked a serious question and you come back with this aggressive, thin skined ::shit::? WTF?
And I damn sure didn't question how much you know. Geez.

I have owned XPO Stock since it was $7.00 a share and went up to $50.00. Before most guys I would guess ever heard of them, so call me names if you want, I know nothing etc if that makes you feel good, I haven't called anybody names
Where did I call you a name? WOW.
Either you misquoted my post or you've lost your mind and you're reading something that just isn't there.
I asked a serious question and this is your response?

Holy :::shit::: dude........get ahold of yourself. I asked a serious question and you come back with this aggressive, thin skined :::shit:::? WTF?
And I damn sure didn't question how much you know. Geez.

Where did I call you a name? WOW.
Either you misquoted my post or you've lost your mind and you're reading something that just isn't there.
I asked a serious question and this is your response?
I wasn't talking about you, should have clarified that. All you said was at the end was (Not Much) I was referring to Troll and Dumb and stuff like that, you didn't say that.But what do I know? {not much}

Read this slowly.......you quoted MY post. And when I put "BUT WHAT DO I KNOW?", that is about ME and directed at myself because I don't have access to the inside scoop. You do have the inside scoop and I've been enjoying your insight that you've posted.

You caused the confusion by quoting MY post.
:1036316054:

Carry on.