ODFL | Layoffs

Oh sure we have and we try to save where we can. 3 kids makes it a challenge to hold on to your money. Don't get me wrong, we aren't starving for sure, but I'm like the company. I want to make more this year than I did the year before, not less.
Been in your shoes raising 3 kids. Ltl business has always been up and down periods win or lose accounts , elections yrs , etc always have had major bearing on how we work from yr to yr. Have patience and trust the lord

There are articles written in the contract but nothing is enforced by the union. Road drivers laid off in several major terminals with talks of more to come.

I'm sorry to hear that. We don't have a contract here obviously but if a company has a collective bargaining agreement in place it should be honored and the union should be making sure both sides are holding up their end of the bargain.

Reactions: Ump
Forget the election year bs, do yourself a favor and find a real job. This place has hit a plateau. More and more carriers are taking a piece of the pie for themselves. OD will now be like all the other big ltl's they'll hire and fire just to get them through the seasons.

You're a young man song, and unless 20 some guys above you are close to retiring, it's going to be like this especially with what's going on in corporate. Look up sherwin, Ashley furniture or those car hauling gigs. Something where you'll make 90k your first year.

OD knows any swift driver or school grad will do line so they'll never care about you waiting for the phone to ring 6 days a week. The way it's always been, only family od cares about is the corporate family.

I'm sorry to hear that. We don't have a contract here obviously but if a company has a collective bargaining agreement in place it should be honored and the union should be making sure both sides are holding up their end of the bargain.
Me and Gaffney run out of the same local. Our BA ain't ::shit::. He should be the labor man for the companies than representing us on behalf of the Union.

[Q="BillyLo, post: 1048791, member: 5078"]You're a young man song, and unless 20 some guys above you are close to retiring, it's going to be like this especially with what's going on in corporate. Look up sherwin, Ashley furniture or those car hauling gigs. Something where you'll make 90k your first year.

OD knows any swift driver or school grad will do line so they'll never care about you waiting for the phone to ring 6 days a week. The way it's always been, only family od cares about is the corporate family.[/QUOTE]

I don't want to get into an argument, but I find it hard to believe that it's always been this way or that it is this way throughout the system. Why would you stay 20 years if it was? I'm not saying this place is perfect, and things have changed as we've grown, but to listen to a veteran always badmouth this place doesn't sit well with me. Yeah, you've got 20yrs here and you'd hate to start over, but always being negative about where you go every day seems crazy.

I got it gravy. I just watch how this company screws over the new guys and comment on it. Even if I've been here for so long I'm not going to fall for the corporate family bs.

When you're the one making the lion's share of income in a household 1500 is a big deal.
LMFAO:lmao: Making yourself the center of attention on a layoff thread here at your own company forum, almost as pathetic as you on the Holland forum.

Every thread is about Song

Poor Baby, put your big girl panties on.

LMFAO:lmao: Making yourself the center of attention on a layoff thread here at your own company forum, almost as pathetic as you on the Holland forum.

Every thread is about Song

Poor Baby, put your big girl panties on.
This coming from a guy who started a thread about Song.

Go grind your ax somewhere else!

Yeah, it's like following the kardashians and then wondering why they are so famous. Song posted something about it being slow at his service center and freightguru blew it out of proportion, like he always does. Nobody trying to get attention over here.

Yeah, it's like following the kardashians and then wondering why they are so famous. Song posted something about it being slow at his service center and freightguru blew it out of proportion, like he always does. Nobody trying to get attention over here.

Then you got guys like wtfteamser who can't follow the rules and then complain when they get their nuts cracked for him...

As far as I'm concerned he's welcome on any forum he likes. He doesn't see it the same way, but again, he doesn't understand the rules nor like to comply with them. That being said, if he acts like a fool he's going to get treated as one.

What the eff man...I didn't blow anything outta proportion?!!!!!

Headline.........Cass Freight Index Slumps 4.9%

The website displays this:
The Cass Truckload Linehaul Index declined another 2.3% YoY in April after falling 0.6% in March. Avondale Partners stated that risks remain to the downside to their 2016 forecasted pricing range of -1% to +2%. They also indicated that several factors continue to contribute to excess capacity, including driver pay increases, overall fleet growth, reduction in carrier bankruptcies and an easing of the 34-hour restart rule.