ODFL | Layoffs

Why is it always the president, the governments fault? Why can't it just be slow for some other reason, like overpricing, poor service, or the traffic manager didn't get laid?

Overpricing likely

When capacity losens up...FedEx, YRC and the like come in and undercut everyone. They always need the volume to keep their system moving as they are so huge. Will haul at a loss

The problem is that you have to hire when you are busy to meet the service demand of the customer, but when freight levels drop like they have, you just can't use the same number of people. I know it sucks, hang in there guys. I went through it with OD in '09, but was able to move to another center to stay with the company. I'm glad I did.

I can't move anywhere, I'll lose all my seniority and be even farther behind for a bid run. It's already going to be another 3-5 years before I get one as it is. I'm sick of the inconsistency, I'm sick of no life, I'm sick of my time not mattering to anyone, I'm sick of always being exhausted because they never call unless it's about time for bed... I understand "paying your dues", but for the number of years this place expects you to do it, it's not worth it.

Reactions: Ump
Man don't give up ... I thought you were teaming now ?

I haven't been in a team truck since last year. I had to ge out of it because I was in a custody fight with my ex for my 2 older kids so I didn't want hearings and stuff to hurt my partner's schedule and pocketbook. I'd do it again, but I can't find a partner.

I haven't been in a team truck since last year. I had to ge out of it because I was in a custody fight with my ex for my 2 older kids so I didn't want hearings and stuff to hurt my partner's schedule and pocketbook. I'd do it again, but I can't find a partner.
yjsqTaO.jpg

Lol!! I'm not getting up in the team truck just for fun now... I'd have to actually make money...
Wong and I do very well on weekends. Free coupons for Steak and Shake, golfing with the CFO when we go thru KC on Sunday, free wifi in our gold hotel ..... And If you go 6 months without hitting a low viaduct, CRST will add your team picture to the wall of fame in Cedar Rapids!!!!!

Wong and I do very well on weekends. Free coupons for Steak and Shake, golfing with the CFO when we go thru KC on Sunday, free wifi in our gold hotel ..... And If you go 6 months without hitting a low viaduct, CRST will add your team picture to the wall of fame in Cedar Rapids!!!!!

The coupons are free or they are for free food...don't eat too much S&S -- it'll kill you.

Layoffs these week that I know of are 10 at IND and 10 at GBO then at COH 3 laid off and 1 terminated. Unsure of which boards.

Layoffs these week that I know of are 10 at IND and 10 at GBO then at COH 3 laid off and 1 terminated. Unsure of which boards.
10 in Gbo were put on the dock.1 driver was let go.1 driver left and went to work with Estes.What I was told yesterday. OD doesn't layoff.They let go..

And don't forge the golf games with ol' Jamie... Can't forget that...