ODFL | Layoffs

Now my question is are these layoffs actual layoffs or economic terminations? If and when they come back do they keep their seniority or start over?

Only thing you keep when coming back from lay off is your employee number. There were guys in '08 who were laid off for a month, came back at the bottom of the list with no benefits or vacation time

Only thing you keep when coming back from lay off is your employee number. There were guys in '08 who were laid off for a month, came back at the bottom of the list with no benefits or vacation time
I Was one of them, except I was gone for longer than that before returning

Ouch!!

I have not but they told me it wouldn't be a problem and gave me the website. Pretty sure I already got a job until I can reapply so I don't think i will need to apply for unemployment.
Good Luck on that one.Hope you get a job before having to file. Just saying

And they dare to call us family?!? If my family ever treated me like that I wouldn't ever have anything to do with them again! And that's blood!

It's complicated...

I see it like OD brass calling us family is like Trump saying he cares about all Americans. There's s lot missing from both of those statements.

Do they give you priority on being rehired. Meaning does your app go to the top of the list and do they inform you of the opening before posting it?

Last several weeks up to this one we're all right, stayed in the system all week. This week was pitiful, 3 days line and one in the city to bridge the gap. I'm almost done with this crap, got some feelers out.
Song our Atlanta center has freight falling off dock. Loads leftover from previous night. How are you guys not busy?