TForce | Layoffs

We are miraculously hanging on: Our inbound for friday was 42,000lbs. i managed to pickup about 9000lbs.----3 separate shipments.

i am scheduled to go in monday, at least.

Here in the Midwest the word is 10 laid off in Kansas City, one laid off in Quincy IL, 6 road laid off and 6 dock in Indy. Not sure on Stl or SOH. Appleton and Detroit minihubs closing down and moving to SOH. Obviously rumored numbers are probably different than actual layoffs. Nothing yet at our terminal just covering road now for people calling off because of COvid. Any updates elsewhere?

Nothing here so far. i'm about 1/4 up in seniority on the board, BUT, i'm the only city driver with an "NG"/non-guaranteed run(extra-board). So, while i MIGHT not get laid off, i could still sit without pay.

Out of 65 city drivers, our 10% were the first to go. We are now using 32-35 drivers per day. More cuts to follow.
Our road driver runs have thinned out and have gone to contractors. Projected Empty miles kills their runs.

BTW, EVERY driver, both city and road worked the entire week last week. My hours dropped maybe 2-3 hours compared to usual (which, on a physical and mental level i'm not complaining about; My average lately is 60-70 hours per week as you can see by my stubs)

We have actually had to bring in office workers from other terminals to help.

So, i go in on monday at least, but i'm predicting it will slow down sometime next week.

Very grateful I don’t have a new truck or huge mortgage. Times like these usually stress people out in a spot like that. Just ready for things to go back to “normal”
Unfortunately there will be a new “normal” that everyone will have to adjust to is what most economists are saying. Doesn’t sound good for some....

Unfortunately there will be a new “normal” that everyone will have to adjust to is what most economists are saying. Doesn’t sound good for some....
Here in the Midwest the word is 10 laid off in Kansas City, one laid off in Quincy IL, 6 road laid off and 6 dock in Indy. Not sure on Stl or SOH. Appleton and Detroit minihubs closing down and moving to SOH. Obviously rumored numbers are probably different than actual layoffs. Nothing yet at our terminal just covering road now for people calling off because of COvid. Any updates elsewhere?

Update here in IL. Deliveries that get brought back are now being sent back to shipper. Same thing that was done during the shutdown last year. Management says they are trying to clean out the system. Still no word on layoffs.

Update here in IL. Deliveries that get brought back are now being sent back to shipper. Same thing that was done during the shutdown last year. Management says they are trying to clean out the system. Still no word on layoffs.
If you are in Chicagoland area thats not good.

Some layoffs are happening here on the east coast.

A decent sized mini-hub type terminal (but not an actual hub) beginning with "C" laid off 5 drivers. Sorry, don't want to go into further detail out of respect for privacy reasons.

My terminal still hasn't slowed down or laid anyone off. My theory is that we were so far behind, we are just now catching up because i am delivering freight that i've seen sitting on the dock for days.

Still hanging on (knock on wood....). i actually had to turn work down last week, because i got sick. Hopefully not the virus, but something else (i hope?). Still getting well over 55 hours as of this writing.

We usually have up to 7-8 people working on inbound. Now we're down to 2. Not sure if they have been laid off? i don't think so.

i managed to pickup 7,500 lbs today. 4 separate shipments.

P.S.
i'm fairly confident it was hay-fever because i just went straight to bed after work and in the morning i was basically ok. Plus, my nose was running uncontrollably. These, i don't think are symptoms of corona.

So the Indy mini hub is closing after tomorrow night. Not sure where the freight is going to be moved to?? Any word from anyone??