TForce | Layoffs

BICHMOND hub shut ass down as of last night.

WE ARE HOSED.

Notes:
1) i am referring to the place as bichmond not to be cute, but for other reasons which you can probably figure out. There are two wretched souls, of the female gender, who work there that i don't like. i do not hate them, but i don't particularly like them either. i suspect they have mental issues. Example: Random, repeated lying with no proof is a symptom of having mental issues.
2) i am STILL getting "amish hours" (that is, sun to sun) and still as busy as ever, but i suspect this will slow down real soon especially with the bichmond closing.
3) Our "outbounds" are now just one pup, wheareas before two pups. And i suspect the one pup is not completely full.
a) i picked up a 17 lb box yesterday. 17, not 170, 17. That was all my pickups.

BICHMOND hub shut ass down as of last night.

WE ARE HOSED.

Notes:
1) i am referring to the place as bichmond not to be cute, but for other reasons which you can probably figure out. There are two wretched souls, of the female gender, who work there that i don't like. i do not hate them, but i don't particularly like them either. i suspect they have mental issues. Example: Random, repeated lying with no proof is a symptom of having mental issues.
2) i am STILL getting "amish hours" (that is, sun to sun) and still as busy as ever, but i suspect this will slow down real soon especially with the bichmond closing.
3) Our "outbounds" are now just one pup, wheareas before two pups. And i suspect the one pup is not completely full.
a) i picked up a 17 lb box yesterday. 17, not 170, 17. That was all my pickups.

Just for clarification, is the mini hub night shift closed or the entire terminal?

Just for clarification, is the mini hub night shift closed or the entire terminal?
The night hub (i'm not sure if it's a mini-hub or hub, but it's shut down) at least. Not sure about day-time p+D.

About 30 drivers out of a run.

Last edited:
The miracle is over:

i did not realize that we have some drivers officially laid off and some drivers are now "on call." (i hadn't seen a few drivers for a few days, but wasn't clear what was going on. Perhaps they were sick or something? But i found out yesterday what was really going on.) i too, have found out a few hours ago that i am also now "on-call."----i was the next in line as far as senority. i am not on the schedule for tomorrow.

This crap just got REAL real.

I AM F'D.

The miracle is over:

i did not realize that we have some drivers officially laid off and some drivers are now "on call." (i hadn't seen a few drivers for a few days, but wasn't clear what was going on. Perhaps they were sick or something? But i found out yesterday what was really going on.) i too, have found out a few hours ago that i am also now "on-call."----i was the next in line as far as senority. i am not on the schedule for tomorrow.

I AM F'D.
Can you file for unemployment benefits being on call?

Can you file for unemployment benefits being on call?

i really don't know. From what i understand, and don't take this as law, if you're "on-call" for more than two weeks, you WILL get laid off. THEN you can file for unemployment.

Maybe it varies from state-to-state?

To complicate matters in my specific case, i am the only driver in the terminal with an "NG" / non-guaranteed run. Would this make a difference as far as layoff/unemployment? Because they could just say we don't have any work for you until the bid ends and they technically would not have to laid me off?

i really don't know.

In my case, i would rather work---doing ANYTHING then to try for unemployment; This first time i got unemployment (this was before i came to UPSF) it was easy----because the unemployment representatives actually came to our plant. The 2nd time, i had to call---and then i got the "All lines are busy now.....etc. etc.." over and over and over and over and.....

You think that's bad, try calling your states unemployment office now.

i don't think all this supposed unemployment money is available and can't be counted on.

So, my strategy is to find other work.

i really don't know. From what i understand, and don't take this as law, if you're "on-call" for more than two weeks, you WILL get laid off. THEN you can file for unemployment.

Maybe it varies from state-to-state?

To complicate matters in my specific case, i am the only driver in the terminal with an "NG" / non-guaranteed run. Would this make a difference as far as layoff/unemployment? Because they could just say we don't have any work for you until the bid ends and they technically would not have to laid me off?

i really don't know.

In my case, i would rather work---doing ANYTHING then to try for unemployment; This first time i got unemployment (this was before i came to UPSF) it was easy----because the unemployment representatives actually came to our plant. The 2nd time, i had to call---and then i got the "All lines are busy now.....etc. etc.." over and over and over and over and.....

You think that's bad, try calling your states unemployment office now.

i don't think all this supposed unemployment money is available and can't be counted on.

So, my strategy is to find other work.
Not sure how your states work, but in most states, including Illinois, if you are not laid off, but not working either, or only working a day a week, you can file for unemployment. I think a lot of companies try to make employees think they have to be officially laid off to file for unemployment, and that is not true.

Not sure how your states work, but in most states, including Illinois, if you are not laid off, but not working either, or only working a day a week, you can file for unemployment. I think a lot of companies try to make employees think they have to be officially laid off to file for unemployment, and that is not true.

That is good to know. The problem is, unemployment is virtually NOT available-----unless you live in montana or something.

Try getting unemployment now, even if you are completely, legally eligible for it.

That is good to know. The problem is, unemployment is virtually NOT available-----unless you live in montana or something.

Try getting unemployment now, even if you are completely, legally eligible for it.
You won’t know until you try to file for it.

sign up for it, get a waiting week out of the way. if you do, work a day or two a week, they subtract that from your weekly unemployment check for that week. plus there is the extra $600 from the fed.. it's a nice paid vacation. pace yourself you have 30 more years of work.

NY waived the waiting week. You can make about $1100 a week before taxes in NY with the extra $600. 36 weeks to be exact according to king andy

I've had plenty of time to research----3 straight days no work!

It appears that you DON'T have to be officially laid off to be eligible for unemployment.
My state has waived the "on week thing," and can do the application online, no need to call in. This does not mean it's necessarily going to be faster?

i will report back later today or later with more info.

Last edited:
The miracle is over:

I AM F'D.
So very sorry to hear this. Hope somehow, you will be ok.