Central Transport | LCV training is coming.

Ballsout Ranger

TB Lurker
Credits
For the greatest majority of you this will not apply. Chicago and Toledo this is coming your way when, I have no frigging clue. LCV (Longer Combination Vehicle i.e. Triples in excess of 80,000 pounds) There will be projected 10 drivers from the South West division trained as LCV driver trainers. We will be trained then sent to those locations designated and train those drivers. I start my "training" tomorrow. The funny thing is all of this was a total surprise and 90% of the drivers selected to be trainers haven't been asked or told they were going to do this. I found out Friday that i would be doing this and of course nobody even the people that set this up have any clue what is going on. This did not surprise me. I guess when I start my "training" I will update ya'll.

For the greatest majority of you this will not apply. Chicago and Toledo this is coming your way when, I have no frigging clue. LCV (Longer Combination Vehicle i.e. Triples in excess of 80,000 pounds) There will be projected 10 drivers from the South West division trained as LCV driver trainers. We will be trained then sent to those locations designated and train those drivers. I start my "training" tomorrow. The funny thing is all of this was a total surprise and 90% of the drivers selected to be trainers haven't been asked or told they were going to do this. I found out Friday that i would be doing this and of course nobody even the people that set this up have any clue what is going on. This did not surprise me. I guess when I start my "training" I will update ya'll.

There has been rumors of this in TOL. Me personally have not been asked to pull triples. Does anyone know what if any the increase in pay will be? I don't see how they are going to do this with the condition of the pup trailers and converter dolleys. We don't have the equipment to do this either. This is just a liability waiting to happen with this junk. The tractors don't have enough power to pull an empty trailer up a slight incline.

Wow, 3 junky trailers

The increase in pay will be an 88 page handbook telling you, you can be terminated at any given moment. Bend over, smile and be glad it's not 4 trailers. They should trade in all their trucks for 9 speeds and save a gear and extra shifting cause all the trucks go the same speed in 9th as they do in 10th, really. Question: If a truck goes 45 mph up a small incline with no trailer, how fast will it go with 3 trailers?:hide:

As far as the trucks, I pull triples,double vans and rocky mountains every night. I do have one of the new harvesters and they don't pull worth a crap we all know that. Kansas allows us combinations up to 125 foot long at 120,000 pounds. (next comment is made in a joking matter) So until you have that kind of wind resistance (triples) and that kind of weight (100,000 pounds) you really don't know what your talking about yet! Key word YET! The LCV pay is doubles pay plus 1.5 cents.

@com on SWD is Wichita,OKC,Dallas,Houston,Tulsa, Denver,Salina and San Antonio.

If the trailers are ok to pull two at a time a third won't really matter.

Anyway I start this "training" tonight.

Wow, 1 1/2 cents a mile, where do I sign up? LOL! Plus they want us to hook & unhook all for FREE. Like I always say "Charity Trucking".

No thanks, not interested.

Wow, 1 1/2 cents a mile, where do I sign up? LOL! Plus they want us to hook & unhook all for FREE. Like I always say "Charity Trucking".

No thanks, not interested.

Oh yeah i get it and hear what your saying. Crap we didn't start getting the doubles pay until 3 years ago and never got pin pay. I can pull a van for X amount or triples for X plus 4.5CPM. I'm doing the same job might as well get paid for it. Its nice to finally get something for the work i've done for years. The pay is very similar to what other companies pay. It's a start thats it.

Here is the next question: if you live in TOL or CHI and they have these triples runs woud that be on a seperate bid board?

It might behove you to take the training wether or not you intend to utilize it, you never know what the future will hold.

i have frinds that drive for you all your pay is not close to anyone else i drive for holland with our 15% give back we make 51.106 per mile daton conway around 52 ups fright 63 abf 60 so you see you are not at top or close to it for the work you do it is good to see you like your job no matter who you work for

i have frinds that drive for you all your pay is not close to anyone else i drive for holland with our 15% give back we make 51.106 per mile daton conway around 52 ups fright 63 abf 60 so you see you are not at top or close to it for the work you do it is good to see you like your job no matter who you work for
yep, some of our divisions are draining our cash flow cause were paying their bills, like holland pays roadway and yellows bills so their doors stay open.

we compete with USF and Dayton in my area, and we beat both on P&D pay,,,,, plus no layoffs your first year like these guys

ok so one night down with this training.......umm.....yeah.....so.....umm.....yeah. Most of this training will be like a day one week zero rookie driver training program. I understand why we have to legally go through all this but, boring. At least i will be a federally certified instructor no matter wether or not I'm with the company

The increase in pay will be an 88 page handbook telling you, you can be terminated at any given moment. Bend over, smile and be glad it's not 4 trailers. They should trade in all their trucks for 9 speeds and save a gear and extra shifting cause all the trucks go the same speed in 9th as they do in 10th, really. Question: If a truck goes 45 mph up a small incline with no trailer, how fast will it go with 3 trailers?:hide:

Ha Ha, no doubt! What's the odds of getting TWO good converters and THREE good trailers at the same time?
smiley-sign0105.gif

The pay for extra trailers are usually anywhere between 3 and 10 cents per mile plus hook and unhook pay. I hear a freight train engineer makes good money, That's what I wanna be when I grow up, chugalug toot toot.

Usf pays 2 cpm more and saia pays 1.5 not 100% on saia that's shade I have heard. But most pay 2cpm plus drop and hook and meet points.

Hey now, some people are even happy making .30 a mile and living in a trailer with 4 kids and getting welfare on the side. When you can't afford toothpaste and your teeth fall out you don't need money for a dentist and can't eat meat, etc. a penny saved is a penny earned.

my last OTR job paid .38 per mile, and i ran over 150k a year, was gone usually 10 days but sometimes as long as 4 weeks. so, you whiners on linehaul that make 45 to 60 per mile, home everyday, every weekend, every holiday, have nothing to complain about.

my last OTR job paid .38 per mile, and i ran over 150k a year, was gone usually 10 days but sometimes as long as 4 weeks. so, you whiners on linehaul that make 45 to 60 per mile, home everyday, every weekend, every holiday, have nothing to complain about.

Nothing to complain about? You city drivers get an hourly rate the whole time your at work. We don't get a complete weekend off. We come in on a Saturday and sleep most of that day. We actually get one complete day off that's it.

First of all I don't make $.45 a mile, only pulling doubles. We have top senior drivers that only get $.50 - $.52 a mile.
We don't get paid for hooking or unhooking doubles like a lot of other carriers, plus we have to put the trailers in a dock for FREE when you have a yard guy who is hourly.
We don't get paid for fueling, all FREE.
We don't get paid to pre and post trip the truck, all FREE.
We don't get paid for going to the shop for repairs, all FREE.
We don't get paid detention time waiting for our loads at terminals, all FREE.
We don't get paid for breakdown, first hour is FREE

And you have the nerve to call us whiners.

Very well said Buckeye and double pay is only .41 pm for anyone 5 years or under that I know of. Everything else you nailed on the head. That is 10 to 20 grand being cheated out of every year. Also lately alot of people have even been shorted a day out of a week on their check and corporate won't answer the phone or return calls after you leave a message. Not only cheating, but it is intententional and premeditated. every single angle is covered for sure and it's not by accident. An accident is, oops I am sorry and won't happen again but on purpose is often and you cant even fix one before another happens and it all is just ignored. Wish I had my pole cause somethin is awful fishy.

you whiners on linehaul that make 45 to 60 per mile, home everyday, every weekend, every holiday, have nothing to complain about.

Nothing to complain about? You city drivers get an hourly rate the whole time your at work. We don't get a complete weekend off. We come in on a Saturday and sleep most of that day. We actually get one complete day off that's it.

First of all I don't make $.45 a mile, only pulling doubles. We have top senior drivers that only get $.50 - $.52 a mile.
We don't get paid for hooking or unhooking doubles like a lot of other carriers, plus we have to put the trailers in a dock for FREE when you have a yard guy who is hourly.
We don't get paid for fueling, all FREE.
We don't get paid to pre and post trip the truck, all FREE.
We don't get paid for going to the shop for repairs, all FREE.
We don't get paid detention time waiting for our loads at terminals, all FREE.
We don't get paid for breakdown, first hour is FREE

And you have the nerve to call us whiners.

tHw0b.gif