XPO | LHG Harlingen TX Rejects Teamsters

Status
Not open for further replies.
no one works for a union besides business agents. your co workers want union representation, and they dont want to have to quit and go somewhere else to get it.
Is it representation or protection that Con-Way employees want? Most drivers at Con-Way are well aware of the drawbacks of unionization , yet they still seek out the union. What does that say about Con-Way?

If you want to work for a union and union jobs are available..... who's fault is it if you don't have a union job ?

My fault. So am trying to make things right. Others feel the same. If more then half feel the same, we will be working for a union company. Unless your pride gets in the way, you'll be thanking us.

Feeling confident.

My fault. So am trying to make things right. Others feel the same. If more then half feel the same, we will be working for a union company. Unless your pride gets in the way, you'll be thanking us.

Feeling confident.
I will refrain from answering, it only gets him into trouble. Now with the pm option gone what will be the latest theory?

In business your hourly rate is your total hourly compesation. That includes hrly wage as well as total benefit cost. I am willing to bet you don't even know what your hrly compensation is.

You must be right, since I'm not working for a union company, I don't know anything. Union members are so much smarter than non-union members, it's a good thing you're here to help me.

Yeah, I know that's what you think. But believe it or not, there are some pretty smart Con-Way employees, that don't need someone to speak for them. And yes, I do know what percentage my wages were compared to my overall compensation.

You must be right, since I'm not working for a union company, I don't know anything. Union members are so much smarter than non-union members, it's a good thing you're here to help me.

Yeah, I know that's what you think. But believe it or not, there are some pretty smart Con-Way employees, that don't need someone to speak for them. And yes, I do know what percentage my wages were compared to my overall compensation.

United1 claims to be a retired Con-way driver. Not a union member. Allegedly.

no one works for a union besides business agents. your co workers want union representation, and they dont want to have to quit and go somewhere else to get it.

Really. That is your response ?

It's their fault. They work here and not there. It's their choice.

Both are available. And they don't wanna leave. Why ? Because they want the best of both worlds. It ain't gonna happen.

If you vote a union you get the union. Whatever good and whatever bad.

Feeling confident.

I strongly disagree. Voting a union will not improve this situation. The union THREAT certainly has improved our situation. But to actually vote them in is not helping anything. In my opinion.

So he's saying that when he worked for Con-Way, he kept his mouth shut, but now that he's gone, he's going to bring the union in?

His line has been that he is older and wiser now. He feels guilty for not having said and done more in the past. Now that he has nothing to lose he feels free to say whatever he would like. So he wants us to all put our livelyhoods on the line for the betterment of his conscience.

Why not? Are they afraid of a little sacrifice?

I had a job when I came to Con-Way. I wanted something better, so I went out and found something better. People leave their homeland to find a better life, why can't anyone that wants a union leave Con-Way to go to YRC?

His line has been that he is older and wiser now. He feels guilty for not having said and done more in the past. Now that he has nothing to lose he feels free to say whatever he would like. So he wants us to all put our livelyhoods on the line for the betterment of his conscience.

Oh, that's rich!

Is it representation or protection that Con-Way employees want? Most drivers at Con-Way are well aware of the drawbacks of unionization , yet they still seek out the union. What does that say about Con-Way?

Exactly. This ain't about a union or money or retirement. It's about spitting in Ann Arbors face. It's about an endless power trip gone wrong.

I strongly disagree. Voting a union will not improve this situation. The union THREAT certainly has improved our situation. But to actually vote them in is not helping anything. In my opinion.

It's possible that the threats of unionism is behind the changes recently, but I doubt it has anything to do with LLA. Changes like this take a little more time. What was going on a few years ago in LTU and XCO may have got the ball rolling.

Why not? Are they afraid of a little sacrifice?

I had a job when I came to Con-Way. I wanted something better, so I went out and found something better. People leave their homeland to find a better life, why can't anyone that wants a union leave Con-Way to go to YRC?

Out one corner of their mouth it's worth everything to fight for. Out the other corner of that mouth.... filling out an application and driving a different colored truck is simply to much to ask.

I once felt the same way. I was grateful for the union but I didn't feel they have a place at Conway. Conway valued their workforce and thought best to groom it. for a maximum return on the dollar.

But then things changed in a way I never thought they would.

Highspeeds, if nothing else, thank the union for our most recent changes, no matter how temporary.

Out one corner of their mouth it's worth everything to fight for. Out the other corner of that mouth.... filling out an application and driving a different colored truck is simply to much to ask.
You have never seen me contradict myself.
I'm the kind of guy that if my home is in disrepair, I'll fix it.
I don't abandoned it, and wastefully buy a new one. Until the corporation demonstrates that we are an "at will employer" and terminates me, I'm staying.

It's possible that the threats of unionism is behind the changes recently, but I doubt it has anything to do with LLA. Changes like this take a little more time. What was going on a few years ago in LTU and XCO may have got the ball rolling.

Please, tell me why you say Laredo did not contribute to the corporation's recent changes.

Highspeeds, you liked it so perhaps you can help me understand it as well.

Really. That is your response ?

It's their fault. They work here and not there. It's their choice.

Both are available. And they don't wanna leave. Why ? Because they want the best of both worlds. It ain't gonna happen.

If you vote a union you get the union. Whatever good and whatever bad.

im sure they are aware of it, dont you get that? why quit, when you can organize a union where you already work? because that idea disturbs you?

Status
Not open for further replies.