XPO | LHG Harlingen TX Rejects Teamsters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice fat pension check in the mail every month. Making more money now than ever before in your life......couldn't happen to a better man.

He's a smart man, respect to him. He sees the writing on the wall, and is making some money now, so when the checks get smaller he doesn't get hurt.

He could have just kept working at Yellow, and possibly never collect the pension that was promised to him, but he may as well go non-union and laugh all the way the the bank.

So what if his ex-coworkers call him a scab.

(I'm just having a little fun with you boys. Union isn't so bad, just not needed or happening at Con-Way)

He's a smart man, respect to him. He sees the writing on the wall, and is making some money now, so when the checks get smaller he doesn't get hurt.

He could have just kept working at Yellow, and possibly never collect the pension that was promised to him, but he may as well go non-union and laugh all the way the the bank.

(I'm just having a little fun with you boys. Union isn't so bad, just not needed or happening at Con-Way)
His retirement comes from the WSPT. You know, the fully funded plan who's retirees are young enough to start new careers? I can guarantee you this driver, that man won't cross a picket.

His retirement comes from the WSPT. You know, the fully funded plan who's retirees are young enough to start new careers? I can guarantee you this driver, that man won't cross a picket.

What are you, his mother or his wife? Let the man speak for himself.

Nothing. We're all treated exactly the same. No favoritism. You know, the same as at a union company.
That 3rd party maintains some of the best benefits packages around. No favoritism? Really? The same? Progressive discipline? Grievance machinery?

Smart man, you saw YRC for what it is, a sinking ship! Get whatever you can out of that pension fund (can't be a very strong one if you still have to work), and consider yourself luckier than the guys still at YRC. (BTW, how are you treated at this unnamed non-union company?)

I did the same, but sooner. I saw the writing on the wall at Preston in the mid nineties. We signed a 4 year contract, if I recall, the giveback was supposed to go from 9%, to 7%, to 5%, then zeros for the last two years. Instead, for the last two, they kept it at 5%, and canceled the negotiated raises for the remainder of the contract. The union told us if we voted no, they would close, so we'd better vote yes. I voted with my feet.
I had my time in and was as happy to leave as they were to see me go.
My pension fund is out West so its doing just fine. Remember not everyone is in Central States Fund !
I don't have to work but choose to and still mow the lawn twice a week .
How am I treated you ask ? Well these people just handed me two safety cones and told me I need to put them out one in front and one in rear. Oh and charged my truck $50.00 I had no say but I did get to pay.
I have to lug around 6 4x4 oak boards that are so heavy you can not handle them. I got FRC's that I have never used should I go on ? Its all a waste of money but I get to buy it because some jack ass wants to justify his job.
I am treated just fine as long as I do not open my mouth about the favoritism on loads and all the back door deals that are made daily for a select few.
The drivers complain among themselves but turn around and screw the next guy for a load paying $ 10.00 more. So much for solidarity........
The young kids that come around and I can see they got a little more savvy than the usual welfare crowd I try to send them up to the LTL's up the street , try the union outfits first.
Oh and I see Preston in your post. What a screw job but it was the Yellow way of doing business.
The Teamsters problem began when CF started their double breasting and here we are today.
The race to the bottom continues and it looks as if OD is the leader of the pack .. at least for today...........

When it comes to contract Lifer is one of the best in the business .
The man gives his customers 110% daily and YRC well they get what they get .
Hard to find a more stand up person.

Smart man, you saw YRC for what it is, a sinking ship! Get whatever you can out of that pension fund (can't be a very strong one if you still have to work), and consider yourself luckier than the guys still at YRC. (BTW, how are you treated at this unnamed non-union company?)

I did the same, but sooner. I saw the writing on the wall at Preston in the mid nineties. We signed a 4 year contract, if I recall, the giveback was supposed to go from 9%, to 7%, to 5%, then zeros for the last two years. Instead, for the last two, they kept it at 5%, and canceled the negotiated raises for the remainder of the contract. The union told us if we voted no, they would close, so we'd better vote yes. I voted with my feet.
After thinking about Preston and Con-Ways they do have a bit in common.
Yellow hung Preston out to dry the same way Con-Way bled CF dry.

They may but I backed their sorry B hinds and wiped their snot noses so they would still have a job today.

Got a Local 222 sticker on my truck. Sure get asked a lot of questions about it.
I don't haul LTL on my step deck........

Funny thing here in the South quite a few people are against the union's. Must be something in the water or grits. When you try to explain about it you get the deer in the head lights look.
If you have never had anything you don't miss anything...............Think I will go have me some turnip greens............

Paper hangers? So I'm not even talking to people familiar with LTL?

Good Grief. What a waste of my time.

All this time hearing these guys and all their propaganda and you just now figured it out ? These ain't truck drivers. They are lobbyists that don't wanna have to go back to having a real job.

Status
Not open for further replies.