XPO | LHG Harlingen TX Rejects Teamsters

Status
Not open for further replies.
You win, happy?

Now explain why no LTL freight company ever has
Didn't we go down that road before to watch you spin in a different direction? Something along the YRC lines if memory serves me. They are still around, they posted some black in for the quarter, and I would love nothing more than for them to prove you wrong once again.....

Not all car haulers are union. I have 2 buddies with quite successful car hauler companies and neither are union carriers. Both run over 100 trucks, 9-10 car. I'd be working for one of them if my old bones could take the take the climbing up and down. It's a much better paying job, but you really work for that extra money, especially in the winter.

I've done it (and still do once in a while) and it is a completely different ball game compared to LTL.

Didn't we go down that road before to watch you spin in a different direction? Something along the YRC lines if memory serves me. They are still around, they posted some black in for the quarter, and I would love nothing more than for them to prove you wrong once again.....

Are they back to 100%

Then I'm right again.

Not all car haulers are union. I have 2 buddies with quite successful car hauler companies and neither are union carriers. Both run over 100 trucks, 9-10 car. I'd be working for one of them if my old bones could take the take the climbing up and down. It's a much better paying job, but you really work for that extra money, especially in the winter.

I've done it (and still do once in a while) and it is a completely different ball game compared to LTL.

its different, but still relevant to the discussion. the fact is allied went thru a bankruptcy, got 15% concessions, and came back to full rate. then got bought by jack cooper.

Keep stuttering driver. Has the contract been satisfied? Nope. Got a few more years to go on that agreement driver. That is unless another entity purchases the company before that. Snap back provisions in place. Yep, a written agreement covers all of the above.
Lol are you counting on someone coming in and buying the whole mess?

Look. Maybe you don't understand why we resent you guys coming on this board, just to tell us how bad we have it, and are too stupid to understand it. And that's probably why you throw hissy fits when we point out that you don't really have it so good. The best solution I can think of is to go to your own board, and crow about how great you have it.

Look. Maybe you don't understand why we resent you guys coming on this board, just to tell us how bad we have it, and are too stupid to understand it. And that's probably why you throw hissy fits when we point out that you don't really have it so good. The best solution I can think of is to go to your own board, and crow about how great you have it.
Spokes person for Con-Way ?
This shareholder has not seen anything stating that CCX driver is now a company spokes person .

They just try to tell you how much better you would have it, none of these guys filed a petition for a vote your coworkers did. As for posting on here no rules were broken & the only one around here as of late having a hissy fit is you.....

I speak for myself, I'm man enough to not need a third party to do it for me.

So Cab, where do you work?
Well I am one of those Teamsters that took his pension and left YRC before the merger.
I am still able body so I leased on with a non- union logisitcs company in a right to work state.
I am the only one with a full set of teeth in my terminal. I also take a bath daily.
Their is a whole other world below LTL !

Well I am one of those Teamsters that took his pension and left YRC before the merger.
I am still able body so I leased on with a non- union logisitcs company in a right to work state.
I am the only one with a full set of teeth in my terminal. I also take a bath daily.
That's funny.... But true

Keep stuttering driver. Has the contract been satisfied? Nope. Got a few more years to go on that agreement driver. That is unless another entity purchases the company before that. Snap back provisions in place. Yep, a written agreement covers all of the above.

y
Quite a few have been given the chance, none have pulled it off though. Well, that's not really accurate, are we strictly speaking of union outfits?

no, go for it, who was non union and couldnt pull it off?

The truly sad part about it is you don't realize folks are showing what they have that's better. Then when you have no defense, "go back to your own board." Hissy fit? More like correcting bad information.

I speak for myself, I'm man enough to not need a third party to do it for me.

So Cab, where do you work?
So how is that working out for you there lone wolf? Does your manly first party negotiations derive better pay and benefits than your coworkers? :rolleyes:

Nice fat pension check in the mail every month. Making more money now than ever before in your life......couldn't happen to a better man.

Smart man, you saw YRC for what it is, a sinking ship! Get whatever you can out of that pension fund (can't be a very strong one if you still have to work), and consider yourself luckier than the guys still at YRC. (BTW, how are you treated at this unnamed non-union company?)

I did the same, but sooner. I saw the writing on the wall at Preston in the mid nineties. We signed a 4 year contract, if I recall, the giveback was supposed to go from 9%, to 7%, to 5%, then zeros for the last two years. Instead, for the last two, they kept it at 5%, and canceled the negotiated raises for the remainder of the contract. The union told us if we voted no, they would close, so we'd better vote yes. I voted with my feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.