Holland | Loop Holes

Cost control is what they are doing. This is an old Yellow ploy to make their numbers look better than they are. The company is attempting to get to a number for the quarterly earning coming up
UUUUHHHH!!! quarter is over, quit fugking with the customers now!!!!!:chairshot:

We where told Holland is going to make money no matter what if we lose customers so be it.We used the 25% rule two weeks ago to get three guys back on then the next friday they layed them back off so we used it again and this friday they layed six off.Yellow is going to do to us what they did to Saia suck as much money out as they can use us as a tax break for seven years then spin us off.Saia seems to be doing good now.

We where told Holland is going to make money no matter what if we lose customers so be it.We used the 25% rule two weeks ago to get three guys back on then the next friday they layed them back off so we used it again and this friday they layed six off.Yellow is going to do to us what they did to Saia suck as much money out as they can use us as a tax break for seven years then spin us off.Saia seems to be doing good now.
I find it amazing how our TMs have different strategies and our UNION allows so many different variations of the rules.:chairshot:

o.k. let me see if i get this now. if they go over the 25% in week 1 and call people back for week 2-then week 2 should be far less than 25% o.t then they are layed off again ? if that is true that would be a great way to starve us into a new job....hello $14.00 cas

o.k. let me see if i get this now. if they go over the 25% in week 1 and call people back for week 2-then week 2 should be far less than 25% o.t then they are layed off again ? if that is true that would be a great way to starve us into a new job....hello $14.00 cas
The wizards have a specific range of o/t that they are looking for. Obviously, that range is under 25%, but, who knows what it is? If they go over 25% in one week, they should be able to bring their o/t number back into range by bringing the CORRECT amount of people back off lay-off. Of course, this is all based on the weekly numbers staying stable. If they bring too many drivers back, their o/t will fall under their targeted range. Then of course they would lay-off again to raise it back into range. I see this as weekly adjustments until they get a stabilized volume
of freight, and get used to adjusting their range. I haven't seen anything that they are successful at yet, so maybe this will be the first!:hysterical:

Numbers

In the past YRC has allowed city ops managers to work 20% as OT.
This was built into their so called Matrix. If that is any help. This bunch of clowns seem to all run off the same page. No matter where you are in the country or which logo is on the door.

You are NOT hearing this right. Road drivers WILL be able to bid on the UE positions. If they have more seniority than the city drivers, they WILL get the UE postion. It will be bid in seniority order from both boards.:1036316054:
We just went over this on friday........only city guys will be able to bid on this position....

You are right. They have changed the rules to this lovely contract.
Only city can bid UE unless there is a coo. and there is going to be a major coo.
WRONG!!!! First, They have not CHANGED the contract, YET. The UE is not even implimented anywhere that I am aware of. Second, the CITY and LINEHAUL will bid on the UE positions in seniority order. Top seniority prevails from EITHER board. If a linehaul has the seniority to get a UE position, they are then perminently a CITY man with no retreat rights, back to linehaul. At your next re-bid opportunity, that same linehaul guy who went to the CITY UE position, can now use his seniority that got him the UE position to take an actual city bid start time. (or another UE if he has the seniority to keep it) Yes, this ex-linehaul CAN end up in the middle of the city board. He would bid a city slot, in his seniorty order just like every other city guy. This Linehaul guy can go to UE in one bid. Then the next bid, he can go into an actual city peddle position where his seniority puts him. Please, stop listening to the BOYS at the terminal, or the other fools on the CB. Check your sources! Now, your telling me, maybe I need to check my sources! I DID. That is why I am so confident in my information being accurate. If your barn does not allow linehaul to bid on these UE positions, the linehaul is getting the shaft. I am a CITY driver. I am not just advocating this so I can have it the way I want it to be. I went the extra mile to get this info. I have nothing to gain by this rule. Actually, I have a lot to lose. I can get trumped by linehaul. I hear our guys rattling about these rumors here at our terminal also. But, NONE of them have gone the extra mile to get the facts. It is just their interpretation! Yet, they make it sound like the gospel. Don't take this as an attack on you OB. It was just the right spot on the thread. I hope this helps everyone. Just F.Y.I.:1036316054: Also, the change of operations is one of two ways for a linehaul to EVER go back to linehaul, after they jump to the CITY/UE board.

WRONG!!!! First, They have not CHANGED the contract, YET. The UE is not even implimented anywhere that I am aware of. Second, the CITY and LINEHAUL will bid on the UE positions in seniority order. Top seniority prevails from EITHER board. If a linehaul has the seniority to get a UE position, they are then perminently a CITY man with no retreat rights, back to linehaul. At your next re-bid opportunity, that same linehaul guy who went to the CITY UE position, can now use his seniority that got him the UE position to take an actual city bid start time. (or another UE if he has the seniority to keep it) Yes, this ex-linehaul CAN end up in the middle of the city board. He would bid a city slot, in his seniorty order just like every other city guy. This Linehaul guy can go to UE in one bid. Then the next bid, he can go into an actual city peddle position where his seniority puts him. Please, stop listening to the BOYS at the terminal, or the other fools on the CB. Check your sources! Now, your telling me, maybe I need to check my sources! I DID. That is why I am so confident in my information being accurate. If your barn does not allow linehaul to bid on these UE positions, the linehaul is getting the shaft. I am a CITY driver. I am not just advocating this so I can have it the way I want it to be. I went the extra mile to get this info. I have nothing to gain by this rule. Actually, I have a lot to lose. I can get trumped by linehaul. I hear our guys rattling about these rumors here at our terminal also. But, NONE of them have gone the extra mile to get the facts. It is just their interpretation! Yet, they make it sound like the gospel. Don't take this as an attack on you OB. It was just the right spot on the thread. I hope this helps everyone. Just F.Y.I.:1036316054: Also, the change of operations is one of two ways for a linehaul to EVER go back to linehaul, after they jump to the CITY/UE board.

That's what I said!!
Only you said it better:1036316054:

loophole

no ****ing loophole to it what we heard in ja. assholes at yrc told all usf terminals they can't work more than 10 hrs. starting today 4-7-08. this would mean not going over the 25% an not calling anybody back the dirty bastards. several of us were figureing on comeing back either today or for sure next mon. as far as i know most all the usf tm are realy pissed . our tm here is hopping mad told me this is not the usf way an is madder than hell. an of course were not peddleing all are freight an have trailers sitting in the yard. be my guess yellow wants to put us out of bussiness. word is also mi had 50 trailers sitting in their yard fri none of witch were even broke yet that inbound wtf wtf

100% Correct, Good info NF. Just one thing though not mentioned a Road Driver can go back to road but to the bottum.

100% Correct, Good info NF. Just one thing though not mentioned a Road Driver can go back to road but to the bottum.

We were told that a Road man can not go back at all!! Unless a change of operation gives him a chance. Once you bid a UE and are awarded this position you are now part of the city cartage list. Southern supplement.

You are correct. As I posted, "the Change of Operations is one of two ways that a linehaul can EVER go back to Linehaul after becoming a UE." The second way is that they can bid an open linehaul position. But, this is where the "no retreat rights" comes into play. They go BACK to the bottom of the board.
For what it is worth.:Off-Topic: I did not like the lack of information that we had on this contract. I thought there was too much "grey area". However,:tribehasspoken: I have accepted that. But, since then, I have went the extra mile to get my questions answered. So far, I have had every question answered that I have had. And not answered from the clowns in the breakroom. I have kind of taken these issues that I didn't like in the contract as a personal mission to get them cleared up. I feel that if any LOCALS allow anything but the contractual language to go unchallenged, shame on them. I know that I have full support from my LOCAL, and I personally, will challenge every violation of the contract language on these issues. :1036316054:

were talking about 25% overtime!! not the ******* EU E bullshit let's get back to the 25% overtime subject an you guy's who want to talk about the ****ing U E start your own thread copy

were talking about 25% overtime!! not the ******* EU E bullshit let's get back to the 25% overtime subject an you guy's who want to talk about the ****ing U E start your own thread copy
Cosmo. You are right. I just followed this whole thread. I have just participated in an OFF THREAD conversation and I deeply apologize. All of you should feel horrible. I just noticed a sign in my front yard..... It reads :Off-Topic: We did get back on the 25% issue several times, but then continued to stray to the U/E subject. Obviously, we did stray. I think our intent was just to correct some info. about the U/E that was not correct. Sorry.:1036316054:

no ****ing loophole to it what we heard in ja. assholes at yrc told all usf terminals they can't work more than 10 hrs. starting today 4-7-08. this would mean not going over the 25% an not calling anybody back the dirty bastards. several of us were figureing on comeing back either today or for sure next mon. as far as i know most all the usf tm are realy pissed . our tm here is hopping mad told me this is not the usf way an is madder than hell. an of course were not peddleing all are freight an have trailers sitting in the yard. be my guess yellow wants to put us out of bussiness. word is also mi had 50 trailers sitting in their yard fri none of witch were even broke yet that inbound wtf wtf
Ok, I have rebounded from your tongue lashing that you gave us..... We all should be concerned about the fact that it does appear that they are willing to sacrifice service, just to cut the hours. I always used to say that they cannot hold us under 10 hours. But, I don't say it anymore because they CAN do it now. Because they don't care about the service end. We are in contact with our BA and being very aggressive on getting our O/T hours from mgt. So far, our TM has tried to buffalo us by not giving us accurate info. We are requesting PAYROLL documents to use for our own calculations. Because we do not believe his numbers that he gave us. Another thing that you should watch for is that the 10%ers are calculated on a daily basis, not a weekly basis like a 90%er would be. In other words, if your 10%ers didn't work a few days that week, the missed days do not go into the mgrs. DRIVER calculation for the day. The manager can only count the man power he had for each day. If guys were off for the day, they are not counted in the formula. If you guys let them count people in the formula that were not even at work, it will help keep his O/T number down and YOU will never get back to work. This is the way we are approaching this. I will keep you informed about how we make out. I should know soon. :1036316054:P.S..... No more tongue lashings though.:biglaugh:

25% conversation

23yrs. in this freight ::shit:: an am just ****ing frustrated as hell this will be another place that i worked that will close down. told my boss when we got involved with yellow we were going to going thru ::shit:: an here we are. soon as you think we got them them buy the balls so we can go back to work yrc comes in an ****s us an our customers by not takeing care of them. damn sure hope i'm wrong but can't help but think hollands not going to be here buy summer! sorry NORTHERN FLASH but just wanted to here about the 25% an no more