Holland | Loop Holes

The USF Holland COO May 2008 States "This UE COO will create 198 new local cartage postions.
All UE postions would be bid terminal by terminal and all ROAD employees may bid to these new postions by senority at his/her present domicile.

Why word it like that?. What would be wrong with wording it like this.
" All UE positions would be bid terminlal by terminal and all city and road employees may bid to these new positions by senority at his/her present domicile"

Why word it like that?. What would be wrong with wording it like this.
" All UE positions would be bid terminlal by terminal and all city and road employees may bid to these new positions by senority at his/her present domicile"

I'm Sorry this is exactly how it is worded on page 4 of the Change of Operations. After all the UE is a postion on the local cartage board that the road drivers can bid on.

Well that would be just freakin amazing if they did not let city men bid on open city bids now wouldn't it. Whats next? cats and dogs living together? (movie quote form somewhere I can't rmember)

I don't think anyone around here (IN) really knows how this is going to shake out.
I would love to see this proposal. We haven't seen anything official.
They don't seem to think we are going to get any UE bids for a while.

That movie quote is from Ghostbusters

Here is what I think of all of the bad info. and bad wording in this contract. Management here is one for you..:nutkick: And Union here is one for you..:nutkick:

I spoke with a BA in Indy and he told me that laid off hours can not be counted....period. What sense does it make to count laid off hours anyway?

If I get laid off again next winter about the same, and I know I will. Ill make about $15,000 this year.:duh::Poke::bgroovy::party-smiley-017: