TForce | Meeting At Indy Hall

how about you guys will get the same benefits and pay as the feeder drivers and when the new ups contract is negiotated you will get that...end of discussion get on with it how hard is that? Same job same pay..equal work for equal pay......

how about you guys will get the same benefits and pay as the feeder drivers and when the new ups contract is negiotated you will get that...end of discussion get on with it how hard is that? Same job same pay..equal work for equal pay......

Never happen.
Freight revenues would never support the pay that drivers moving package revenue earn.

It maybe be truck driving but,
It's truckin driving with UPS :hysterical:

Maybe Just-Me had better things to do like enjoy the nice spring weather (in New England anyway), hang out with his family, drink beer in a smokey dim lit strip club, wash his car, scratch his asse, maybe his 'puter is on the fritz, possible power failure in his neighborhood, maybe the Ice Cream man came by playing the come and get me song and he's buying ice cream for the kiddies, maybe he's busy.
I'm sure if it was astromonically amazing news he would have reported it.

Maybe it's status quo and no news is good news.

Give the man a break, he deserves one.

T251

First of all ,I was not inferring he was going to blow smoke, I was referring to the union when I made that comment, not just me.

Apperrently if he did have some thing to say he would have posted it yesterday, I know this,
I have been too several meetings in my past involving the teamster's and they do blow alot of smoke....

Next , curiosity killed the cat and I am next......

Hi, new to posting, been reading for several weeks now, really the way I see it only Hofa and Gordon Mckenzie actually know anything, until there is actually a contract on the table ready to be signed, I wont believe anything I hear, all I can say for sure is, anything is possible.
Well first of all Gordon has only been to 1 meeting, I was told by Brian at the hall yesterday Mike M has been to a few. But I was also told yesterday the Mike M has opened his mouth a few times and was told by Jim M. The HR on the (contract side from UPS) has told Mike M to set and listen and not to speak. And that UPS will run the show.:1036316054:

Gordon is no where to be found. Only people from UPS are negotiaating. No Overnite personel. No visions allowed.
Yes this is correct , I was told by My friend in DC. If u want her number PM me and I will give it to anyone thats wants to contact Ken H office u r more than welcome to call her.:1036316054:

Well first of all Gordon has only been to 1 meeting, I was told by Brian at the hall yesterday Mike M has been to a few. But I was also told yesterday the Mike M has opened his mouth a few times and was told by Jim M. The HR on the (contract side from UPS) has told Mike M to set and listen and not to speak. And that UPS will run the show.:1036316054:

Glory bee to the Lord.....:1036316054: :funky:

Maverick,
The latest news we'll get is when Just Me posts about what the meeting in Indy later today reveals. After the Contract is settled for Indy any and all terminals can join and become covered by the Contract. I'm not sure anybody could really give an accurate timeline right now.
Well guys here is what We were told The meeting lasted about 1.5 hrs. Ups has a few things they r stuck on... They like to have ownership on every idea thats talked about...they r going to meet April 6 with UPS and talk about parcel contract than setup some dates to talk about our contract some more.WE were told that the teamsters want this done by June 1.
We asked how much is done we were told about 1/3 of our contract .Keep in mind they CAN"T let out what the talks r just yet. WE drilled them very hard Sunday but they couldn't tell us much,We kinda felt this would be the case.I still feel that a good contract is coming. This is gonna be a stand alone contract for INDY rite now than when we RATIFY it than it becomes a MASTER contract for the rest of the country.
We were also told it's not gonna be a NMFA
or a totally a UPS NMFA. it's gonna be a little of both so it's important to get UPS done first to have LEVERAGE.:1036316054:
If u want more info PM and I will give u a number to a contact I have in DC THXS ,,,, KEEP THE FAITH

Maybe Just-Me had better things to do like enjoy the nice spring weather (in New England anyway), hang out with his family, drink beer in a smokey dim lit strip club, wash his car, scratch his asse, maybe his 'puter is on the fritz, possible power failure in his neighborhood, maybe the Ice Cream man came by playing the come and get me song and he's buying ice cream for the kiddies, maybe he's busy.
I'm sure if it was astromonically amazing news he would have reported it.

Maybe it's status quo and no news is good news.

Give the man a break, he deserves one.

T251
THXS BROTHER all I do is give u guys what I have been told,, If I could make a wish to have it all done today it would be,, I have spent many nights after working 11.5 hrs than go to the hall try and work on things to help everybody ,I'm thinking of us all,,not just INDY rest asurred.:1036316054:

I wish it was that easy ,,really

Never happen.
Freight revenues would never support the pay that drivers moving package revenue earn.

It maybe be truck driving but,
It's truckin driving with UPS :hysterical:
U r correct and they r not gonna put us way out of the freight industry pay rate.. Freight doesn't pay as good as Parcel.Thats freight rates is what I'm talking about

First of all ,I was not inferring he was going to blow smoke, I was referring to the union when I made that comment, not just me.

Apperrently if he did have some thing to say he would have posted it yesterday, I know this,
I have been too several meetings in my past involving the teamster's and they do blow alot of smoke....

Next , curiosity killed the cat and I am next......
First of all guys I won't blow smoke up ur as* .We r all adults I know we are inpatient about learning what's going on, I will tell u as I find things out ,I hope u all know how the animal works slow but steady. They r at the table talking this is a plus. I know it's been a long time coming but it's gonna be great in the final hour.Stick together. UNITY BROTHERTHOOD..:1036316054:

Well just-me,I want to be first one to say thanks for giving your co-workers on here what you know.
It seems your our closest link to the UPS Freight contract talks and all of us on the UPS Freight truckingboard forum.

So thanks again for your effort,and getting some news out to use.

Well just-me,I want to be first one to say thanks for giving your co-workers on here what you know.
It seems your our closest link to the UPS Freight contract talks and all of us on the UPS Freight truckingboard forum.

So thanks again for your effort,and getting some news out to use.
U r very welcome ,,I'm thinking about all of us ..I know we have had a few differances but..in the end this contract will have to be the best of the best FOR ALL OF US..........
NO IF AND"S OR BUTTS:1036316054: :1036316054:

Well guys here is what We were told The meeting lasted about 1.5 hrs. Ups has a few things they r stuck on... They like to have ownership on every idea thats talked about...they r going to meet April 6 with UPS and talk about parcel contract than setup some dates to talk about our contract some more.WE were told that the teamsters want this done by June 1.
We asked how much is done we were told about 1/3 of our contract .Keep in mind they CAN"T let out what the talks r just yet. WE drilled them very hard Sunday but they couldn't tell us much,We kinda felt this would be the case.I still feel that a good contract is coming. This is gonna be a stand alone contract for INDY rite now than when we RATIFY it than it becomes a MASTER contract for the rest of the country.
We were also told it's not gonna be a NMFA
or a totally a UPS NMFA. it's gonna be a little of both so it's important to get UPS done first to have LEVERAGE.:1036316054:
If u want more info PM and I will give u a number to a contact I have in DC THXS ,,,, KEEP THE FAITH

Thank you for the info, So they are saying they want to be done by the 1st of june, but they are only 1\3 into the contract, I get the impression this could last up until next year, this time. I also am not shaking my confidence in you, please do not take it that way.

Thank you for the info, So they are saying they want to be done by the 1st of june, but they are only 1\3 into the contract, I get the impression this could last up until next year, this time. I also am not shaking my confidence in you, please do not take it that way.
No problem
we all kinda thought the same way when we left the hall. We shook our heads and said what was that all about. Brian told us UPS doesn't want this to drag out ,,ok we ask what is taking so long ,,who is draging their feet?? duhhhh. Brian also stated that if it looks like UPS is stalling the Teamsters well say see u in 08 ,UPS doesn't want that because the customers will get scared ,They can't afford that.So whats the PROBLEM,,we asked.. It's all about bragging rites ...The Teamsters want to brag UPS wants to brag..we say the hel* with the bragging,,get it done.

Skull what are you getting sick about?
WORKING at UPS FREIGHT?
All the new rules we have to follow?
Or how long the contract talks are taking?

Well let me tell you what everyone has always said of me,on our UPS Freight forum.
Chill out,the contract is taking so long because they want it to be the best for all of us.

We can't rush into something we will be sorry about later.

Oh maybe they didn't say this last statement to me?

But I know they always say I'm in to much of a hurry,because I'm always pointing out the date the talks were started 9/6/06.
Which is almost 9 months ago.

The thing is we can all squalk,and whine about both sides dragging their feet on these talks.
But the bottom line is theres nothing any of us can do about lighting a fire under them to get them going any faster then they are now.

We've all just got to hang in there doing our best,for UPS so we don't get the boot,and wait out the barganing talks,no matter how long it takes.

Ha, yeah thats about right, I guess thats the way it should be since it is UPS, I dont see a O in the name.
Ya Mike M has already been told a few times by UPS that we bought you guys u didn't buy us .So UPS will do ALL the contract talks thank you very much.:biglaugh: :hysterical: :smilie_132: