TForce | Meeting Info

So whats new?Has any of our UPS Freight terminals voted 51%

Anyone on here heard anything more about the card check?

Our terminal had our local Teamster meeting a few weeks ago.
Every question any of my co-workers asked were covered than.
The union rep's said if we had anyother questions just ask anytime.

But it seems as time slips away all is being forgotten?
Some of my co-workers wanted to sign cards at the meeting,but the rep's said no,they were waiting to see what was going to be next.

But so far no one knows what the next is?

So at this point in time it looks like the organizing issue is just kind of fadding away?

Does anyone on these truckingboards have anymore info?

Apostolic said:

Some of my co-workers wanted to sign cards at the meeting,but the rep's said no,they were waiting to see what was going to be next.

So at this point in time it looks like the organizing issue is just kind of fadding away?

you couldn't more wrong ,,get ur cards signed,, u will get a contract as soon as INDIANAPOLIS gets it done hold on for the ride ..:USA:

Apostolic said:

The drive is still gaining momentum Apostolic. You may not see it but it's happening.

Here's some more info for you

http://www.teamster.org/06news/hn_060726_2.asp

Like I've said all along time will tell. But there is a lot more terminals that don't want the teamsters then do. Course here you are only going to here pro union responses.

My guess is if some terminals go union there will be more that don't and will be paid a little better to keep them that way.

So the way I see it union want a Be's can be union at a little less and the nonunion people will have a little advantage over them.

Like the way its been with Motor Cargo and Reddaway. Reddaway in Oregon get less than their nonunion in California.
The same with Motor Cargo in Reno.

Happy card signing!:puke:

Apostolic said:

AP are you prounion?

They seem to be targeting certian terminals 1st. The organizer in our area said to stick to handing out cards to my terminal only, even though drivers at other terminals (MC and O) are asking for them. 2 terminals from my area are gonna go real soon.

Skeeter said:
Like I've said all along time will tell. But there is a lot more terminals that don't want the teamsters then do. Course here you are only going to here pro union responses.

My guess is if some terminals go union there will be more that don't and will be paid a little better to keep them that way.

So the way I see it union want a Be's can be union at a little less and the nonunion people will have a little advantage over them.

Like the way its been with Motor Cargo and Reddaway. Reddaway in Oregon get less than their nonunion in California.

Skeeter,
You might ultimately be correct in guessing that more terminals don't want the Teamsters than the ones who do.....but it's just that....a guess.

You go on to guess that the ones who stay non, assuming there will be some, will make more money......but aren't you the guy who guessed that UPS was going to address all of O's shortcomings when the change came in May?

It's not O anymore Skeet.....I wonder if Leo will sleep well tonight worrying about Indianapolis? I'm guessing that he won't.

Majority Rules

Skeeter said:

Skeeter, I don't want to break your bubble but someone has to. After Indy signs and believe me they will, the contract will be presented to all the other terminals to vote on. You may be right to assume that some terminals may turn down the contract, but remember majority rules!! So in other words if 51% of the terminals vote it in, the ones that said no automatically become union. Majority rules!! :tongue1:

Well Skeeter heres your answer.(Psalms118:8)KJV.

I thought all on these truckingboards knew where I was coming from by now?

Since I've become an Apostolic Pentecostal Born Again Christian,I've learned the best way to live is to be thankful for everything God blesses me with.
I even thank God for ever breath he allows me to take.
Also the Bible has ever answer to every question.

I also know that my views on life cause many to be really ticked off at me.

We only get one chance to live our lives,we might as well make the most of it.

So you won't have to look up this portion of the Bible here it is.

Psalms 118:8 It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man.

The union I have with Jesus Christ is the only union I need.

But all that said about me.
I won't stand in the way of my co-workers if they want to vote the Teamsters in at our terminal so be it.

They'd be better off if they could see life the way I do,but they don't so whatever the majority decides good,or bad they'll just have to deal with it.

Johnnybegood said:
You can say anything you want but we need it in writing before we believe anything you guys say........It's our future ...........Show us in writing.....
You will be probably the one who votes no but ends up taking full advantage of all the benefits offered by the teamsters.

Ah hugnlug you didn't catch my last thought?

I posted that if the majority of my terminal wants to be organized than I also will vote yes.

In everything this country stands for the majority should rule,and in this case if more than 51% of my terminal wants to be union,they will let me know,and if thats in fact the way they want it than far be it from me to stand in their way.

MY VOTE WILL ALSO BE YES!!!!!!!

You get it this time,hugnlug?

Apostolic said:
I posted that if the majority of my terminal wants to be organized than I also will vote yes.

In everything this country stands for the majority should rule,and in this case if more than 51% of my terminal wants to be union,they will let me know,and if thats in fact the way they want it than far be it from me to stand in their way.

MY VOTE WILL ALSO BE YES!!!!!!!

You get it this time,hugnlug?

Well, The way I look at it is I don't go with the majority when it comes to a vote. I vote what I feel is right for me.

If I vote no and the majority votes yes then I have to go with the majority. But I still voted how I felt not because of what the majority voted.

Then I would continue to work hard to make this the best company in the industry union or not. Which by the way I do think it is the best company in the industry.

Skeeter said:
Well, The way I look at it is I don't go with the majority when it comes to a vote. I vote what I feel is right for me.

If I vote no and the majority votes yes then I have to go with the majority. But I still voted how I felt not because of what the majority voted.

Then I would continue to work hard to make this the best company in the industry union or not. Which by the way I do think it is the best company in the industry.
How do you know what feels right, And how do you know whats best for you when you have not even seen the Indy contract yet? Don't be so anti-union until you have seen what you cannot pass up!

hugnlug said:
You will be probably the one who votes no but ends up taking full advantage of all the benefits offered by the teamsters.
And the problem would be what?:tongue1: I'm sure other people will also vote no and still get the benefits of the union......

BusterNite said:
How do you know what feels right, And how do you know whats best for you when you have not even seen the Indy contract yet? Don't be so anti-union until you have seen what you cannot pass up!

Now that is funny. Ok I'll wait to see the Indy contract after it is all signed seal and delivered. Then I will wait and see what UPS gives the remaining nonunion terminals.

Like I've said time and time again its UPS's move. After I see what they do then I will make a decision. I'm giving UPS a chance to get things together out west with MC and Ovnt. We are still not merged yet.

Unlike some of you I don't demand more till I feel we should get more. Notice I didn't say deserve more. I'm waiting till we get the west merged and operating smoothly. Which I feel is the right thing to do. The way we are operating right now I can't even hold my head up I'm so ashame.

You guys belly aching is like a kid wanting his allowance before his chores are done. I say fix the problems which by the way is NOT ALL MANAGEMENT.

I talked to a parcel driver on my route today.

He told me that they'll receive another pay raise per there present contract.This raise will bring them to $27.00 per hour.
They've always had time,and a half after 8 hours in their contracts,as long as he can remember.

I told him what our top hourly rate is,but that we don't get overtime till after 43.
He thought that was really odd.

But than he asked me how many stops I had today.
I only had 10 deliveries but didn't get out of the terminal with my route till 11:30 AM.
He said he had his slowest day this week,he only had 101 stops.
He had to wait for late air deliveries,and didn't start his route till 9:00AM.
His delivery area is about one tenth of mine.
I know you can get a lot more stops off by getting an earlier start but 101 stops?

Not my idea of a slow day?
He can have his big hourly rate.
I'll stick to LTL any day.

I got to one of my stops to late,so now I'm going to get remmed out by my TM monday morning when I get to work.
Thats life,he's got to get us out earlier,whatever.

I had a late pickup,end of the month,every company wants to clear their books,and show that they shipped whatever they could get off their docks.
I just got home.
I worked 14 hours with a lunch break.
Life is great when God blesses you with good health, and a long day on fridays,seeing its all overtime.