TForce | Meeting Info

Apostolic said:
He told me that they'll receive another pay raise per there present contract.This raise will bring them to $27.00 per hour.
They've always had time,and a half after 8 hours in their contracts,as long as he can remember.

I told him what our top hourly rate is,but that we don't get overtime till after 43.
He thought that was really odd.

But than he asked me how many stops I had today.
I only had 10 deliveries but didn't get out of the terminal with my route till 11:30 AM.
He said he had his slowest day this week,he only had 101 stops.
He had to wait for late air deliveries,and didn't start his route till 9:00AM.
His delivery area is about one tenth of mine.
I know you can get a lot more stops off by getting an earlier start but 101 stops?

Not my idea of a slow day?
He can have his big hourly rate.
I'll stick to LTL any day.
Apo,
Your comparing your route to that of a pkg car driver? That would be like a pkg car driver comparing his route to a postal route.
Try feeder. I had 7 moves today and worked 12.5 with a lunch.
And you might wanna re-read hugnlug's post. He wasnt responding to you, but DY.

Yeah sorry hugnlug.I see you weren't after me!

Working long hot days,getting home late.

Coming to the truckingboards with half a brain to see what the latest news is?
Not always a good post does that make.

So one thousand pardons hugnlug.
I'll try and be more focused to what I'm reading from here on in.

Till God calls me home to rest with him forevermore.

Sorry I screwwed up the qoutes on this one.

APO says

He told me that they'll receive another pay raise per there present contract.This raise will bring them to $27.00 per hour.
They've always had time,and a half after 8 hours in their contracts,as long as he can remember.
Actually it 27.14 with the COLA raise for a package car driver.

I told him what our top hourly rate is,but that we don't get overtime till after 43.
He thought that was really odd.
But why is that, that you do get OT after 43, when it used to be never, then it was 47 hours, then 44 ,now 43?
Why? It's becuase of the union and others paying OT to meet union wages.

But than he asked me how many stops I had today.
I only had 10 deliveries but didn't get out of the terminal with my route till 11:30 AM.
He said he had his slowest day this week,he only had 101 stops.
He had to wait for late air deliveries,and didn't start his route till 9:00AM.
His delivery area is about one tenth of mine.
I know you can get a lot more stops off by getting an earlier start but 101 stops?

Do the math, if his area is one tenth yours and he has 10 times as many stops your stops per area are equal to his. Remember he is driving a van, parks where ever he wants or has a reserved shipping/receiving door and never waits. Most routes cover an industrail area or even just one street. Most stops are carried in and are just one carton, not pallet jack pallets, no climbing onto trailer or climbing down, no moving freight around to make a delivery, no waiting for a dock or appt time, no paperwork, no hassles (just sign DIAD and run).
Fill up your Stationwagon with cartons some day and drive around the industrail park and see how many you can get rid of in four hours. Driving a stationwagon is comparable to what they drive because you are a truck driver. Some days you drive in the same small parking lots that they wheel around in, drive the same crowded streets only you have to lumber almong instead of being Speedracer.

Comparing peddling to package car deliveries is like apples and oranges

I got to one of my stops to late,so now I'm going to get remmed out by my TM monday morning when I get to work.
Thats life,he's got to get us out earlier,whatever.

Why, why are you going to be reamed out?
Did you do something wrong?
Was it your fault the inbound was late coming in and they held you to 1130 to strip it and load it?
Was it any fault of your's that this shipment was late or not delivered?
Is this the same TM that you are doing a favor for because he was a high pressure job and you feel bad for him?
Is it your fault Overnite can't lead two ants to a picnic with a spoonful of honey or are you so used to being the punching bag you expect it?

I had a late pickup,end of the month,every company wants to clear their books,and show that they shipped whatever they could get off their docks.
I just got home.
I worked 14 hours with a lunch break.
Life is great when God blesses you with good health, and a long day on fridays,seeing its all overtime.

So did everyother freight handler in the country. Its the end of the month it happens twelve times a year.
If today was all ot you must have worked 43 hours in four days right. Let's see 43 hours of straight time verus 32 hour straight and 11 OT or work the whole week at OT after 8 and get 40 hours pay and 17 hours of OT.
Neat conspect isn't it. More money for the same amount of work.

When the TM is reaming you butt hole on Monday morning ask yourself this.

If you have been in this business longer than this punk has been out of diapers why are you listening to him. Block him out and listen to the Lord, you have complete trust in him and he will help you to see past this jerk that is using you.

You know T251,I may tell him to send someone else.

Its been two weeks since he said he wanted me to go to this safety training course.

So far the only information he's given me is that its on the week of August 14th,its going to be in Pittsburgh PA.
I'll get paid miles with my pickup truck for the trip,and I'll get a weeks pay.

I've been pestering him for a little more information,but he says he doesn't have anything more for me at this time?

The thing I'd like to know is where in the Pittsburgh area is it going to be held?

Its not like Pittsburg is some small USA town.
And not for nothing where am I going to stay,what about meals?
Just a few small details one would need to have for a week long trip.

I don't think thats asking to much.

If I don't get anymore answers to my questions by the end of next week, he will have to talk someone else into taking this trip,and I will go to the top of his bad attitude list.

Like the old saying :what goes around,comes around.

In this buisness its very hard staying on the top of the good that-a-boy list.

wassesname said:
Apo... can you use your sick days to take the trip?

Sick days are just that for when you are sick. I think the ones that use it for taking a trip or pleasure should be reprimanded.

Every company has them they usually spoil thinks for everybody. Now having said that I believe you should either build up your sick leave or have it given back to you at the end of the year.:USA:

you overnite driver"s dont believe all that smoke they are blowing we seen it in the past the union co buying non union co and we see where the non union co are just look at preston,cf, and they were working on roadway when SPARTAN was in business before viking bought them out and shut the doors so it seems to me that the union co are buying these non union co to put the union out of business.and as far as big o pension i am glad to hear the union cant touch it cause i know for a fact they were looking at it hard.

10 speed said:
you overnite driver"s dont believe all that smoke they are blowing we seen it in the past the union co buying non union co and we see where the non union co are just look at preston,cf, and they were working on roadway when SPARTAN was in business before viking bought them out and shut the doors so it seems to me that the union co are buying these non union co to put the union out of business.and as far as big o pension i am glad to hear the union cant touch it cause i know for a fact they were looking at it hard.

10 speed I think you need to re-read your post and make sense of it for us becasue it makes no sense right now.

As far as the Teamsters trying to organize Overnite to get ahold of their pension money is ludiciuos. They can't touuch it by law, I'm sure the Union is up to date on labor/pension laws.
Overnite is organizing becuase their workers have partioned for it.
You need to update yourself on labor laws and organizing regulatuions.

Back to the pension part, any company strives to increase customer base and increase monetary flow and capitol earnings. The Teamster Union is the same as any big business, they must increase membership (customers) to continue monetary flow and increase earnings to sustain pension to the pensioners that are collecting.

In case you missed it in the past, the 100% organizing of Overnite/USPF will only be a 1% increase in Teamster membership. If it will only take a 1% increase in membershipo to save to so called crumbling pension funds then I guess the crumbling pension funds can't be to bad off as you all seem to believe. I guess Humpty Dumpty didn't fall the way you thought he fell or were brainwashed in to thinking he fell.

How's that pension thing working at FedEx for you?

Don't hear to much about your awesome pension these days, do we?

So again explain that smoke and mirrors post about nons buying union companies again, especially the part about Spartan and Coles, I mean Viking, putting Roadway out of business seeing Roadway was a seperate company from Caliber when Spartan folded.

Where's Viking now? Not the west coast lingerings but the Viking that was once Cole's and Spartan. How's Central's hearbeat these days?

Skeeter said:
Now that is funny. Ok I'll wait to see the Indy contract after it is all signed seal and delivered. Then I will wait and see what UPS gives the remaining nonunion terminals.

Like I've said time and time again its UPS's move. After I see what they do then I will make a decision. I'm giving UPS a chance to get things together out west with MC and Ovnt. We are still not merged yet.

Unlike some of you I don't demand more till I feel we should get more. Notice I didn't say deserve more. I'm waiting till we get the west merged and operating smoothly. Which I feel is the right thing to do. The way we are operating right now I can't even hold my head up I'm so ashame.

You guys belly aching is like a kid wanting his allowance before his chores are done. I say fix the problems which by the way is NOT ALL MANAGEMENT.

Don't worry about the merging, if it goes like it did in the south the only ones that have to worry are the MC guys. They will make sure the other side is taken care of at MC employees expense.

10 speed hasn't made sense in any post I've seen, and don't expect an answer from him either. One thing is for sure, He is anti- Overnite employees.

steve5 said:
Don't worry about the merging, if it goes like it did in the south the only ones that have to worry are the MC guys. They will make sure the other side is taken care of at MC employees expense.

Well Steve, I think you ought to do some more checking on that. The MC drivers they they put in Fontana jumped ahead of the driver I meet. So now in stead of starting at 2100 we have to start at 2300.

The driver in Fontana that I meet even though he has more seniority starts a 2300 and the to from MC that came over starts at 2100.

They used the excuse about the run number being changed in stead of bidding.

So please stop saying only MC is getting the shaft.

Maybe they are doing it because they are hearing MC drivers are talking about signing cards.
Well, I guess we should start the same tactics. I'm out of Sacramento and meet the Fontana driver. You see I'm not like most here on this board that is scared to death I might expose my name here. Don't matter to me who knows me.

steve5 said:
I don't care if anyone knows who I am here either, I have nothing to hide/fear.

Cool, PM me and let me know who you are running with I might know him. All I know is I am starting Monday night after a 2 week vacation and my meet driver told me we was starting at 2300 instead of 2100.

Said two MC drivers are going out at 2100 with less seniority then he has. If that is not the case I'll will be nose to nose with him Tuesday morning.

I'm running with a forced MC driver, maybe they ar pushing your friend back for the Fresno breakout runs, I'm looking at the bid sheet now and 1st FRE leaves out at 1900 and the 2nd leaves out at 2000.

I may be wrong, there is a open ZKT on the bid, MC might have been put on it, 2100 leave on run FON025

steve5 said:
I'm running with a forced MC driver, maybe they ar pushing your friend back for the Fresno breakout runs, I'm looking at the bid sheet now and 1st FRE leaves out at 1900 and the 2nd leaves out at 2000.

My meet driver meets me at KC he leaves at 2300. He told me that 2 KC runs go out ahead of him. Is that true.

Skeeter said:
My meet driver meets me at KC he leaves at 2300. He told me that 2 KC runs go out ahead of him. Is that true.
Yes one I posted above on an edit and one that leaves out at noon.