Estes | Meeting on Monday morning?

Hell,five years ago,Estes wouldn't have been mentioned in the same magazine as Yellow, let alone the same article.Good artical KD.

I'm not so sure it's estes moving up to their level as much as it's YRC comming down to ours that put us in the same article :biglaugh:

I was told but cannot confirm that is about, they will not contribute to 401 anymore and health ins. is going up. find out monday

Yeah, they just changed my class 4 months ago:nutkick:, so I'm planning for the worst...6yrs and gonna lose my job to guyz with 1yr...If that happens, look out Rob and JR, I'm making a road trip:shift: to Richmond and we're gonna have a real meeting...face to face...no bullshit DVD or memo...I'm dead serious!!!!!!!!!

I was told but cannot confirm that is about, they will not contribute to 401 anymore and health ins. is going up. find out monday

Well, if Estes is not moving freight at a loss, cutting rates to nothing, and we are slow now, I personally could deal with the above... After a cut to ::shit:: rates for a couple of month of smashed and lost freight of the competition, the customers always come back..
Wait it out...:TR10driving03:

Well I think everyone by this time knows the same, but for those that had no meeting, here's how it shakes out.
For year 2010 no personal days paid, u can still take them tho
No matching 401 k as of nov. something this year
No fri thansgiving and christmas holiday pay
health ins.will go up a few bucks a week,cuz they expect a increase of 9 million in dues which estes will absorb much of it.
rob says that freight is down 5 percent since jan. while industry standard is 15 percent
Rob bought 40 YRC terminals, of which 26 were leased back to them,gaining us income to weather the storm.
while this info is no consolation to those that got laid off,[good luck guys, my hearts with u and will say a prayer that things work for u ] but overall think this is minamal damage

My thoughts and prayers go out to those who ,lost their jobs..Keep the ol' chin up,things,hopefully,will get better..One thing that was discussed in the meeting,that if you're layed off,you can come back,at new hire status..That may not sound like much,but I'm just trying to look on a bright side here..Everyone seen the DVD,but why are they delaying the city,dock and office layoffs??TM said those would be evaluated next week..These folks need to know if they are going to have to look for another job..What if,just by chance,one falls in their lap this week?Guess they will have a serious decision to make..

rjjr,correct me if I'm wrong,the Christmas holiday and Thanksgiving holiday will be paid this year..2010, it will not be paid..I thought that's what I heard him say..The TM said it was because it was already allocated in the budget..:)

rjjr,correct me if I'm wrong,the Christmas holiday and Thanksgiving holiday will be paid this year..2010, it will not be paid..I thought that's what I heard him say..The TM said it was because it was already allocated in the budget..:)[/QUOTE]

Was not sure of that myself, so I left year out, what u r saying makes sence tho